PDA

View Full Version : Carin and I went to pick out....

Carin's Wife GG
05-09-2007, 06:37 PM
our wedding dresses for our upcoming committment ceremony in June. It was the first time for me to be out and about in broad daylight with carin! It felt completely natural and somehow *right*. and the dresses are just gorgeous. Carin picked a gold evening gown, I choose a wine colored gown. No alterations even! The Bridal Store was extremely courteous and really made both of us feel welcome and celebrated.

Louise.

Sonia_cd
05-09-2007, 07:19 PM
So happy for the both of you. The dresses sound gorgeous and the experience must have been thirlling for both of you. I wish you all the best for the ceremony and hope that it goes really really well. :love:

Love,
Sonia

Joy Carter
05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Of course there will be pictures for us ladies and gents whom are not invited.:D

suzanne
05-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Congratulations on your special day! Carin is the luckiest girl in the world to have so much love and acceptance from you. I'd bet a fortune she returns it to you every day of your lives together.

Dixie
05-09-2007, 07:32 PM
That's so great congartulations on a wonderful day.

Byllie
05-09-2007, 07:35 PM
May the Goddess bless your union.

TxKimberly
05-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh your KILLING me! I am SO jealous! :-)
Y'all have a GREAT time and remember to take a few pictures of the ceremony for all of us. This would rate right up there with the top one or two fantasies of my life! A wedding ceremony where the woman I love AND I get to BOTH be a princess! I'm gonna start calling Carin Cinderella! ;-)

Kim

Rachel Morley
05-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow! fabulous :happy: You two are fast becoming "the poster CD couple" around here! :D

Carin's Wife GG
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Wow! fabulous :happy: You two are fast becoming "the poster CD couple" around here! :D

no certainly not any kind of poster couple, just regular folks with interesting lives.

Louise.:love: :love: :love:

Rebecca_Annette
05-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Congratulations!!!
I think I must have missed this one :(

Continued happiness and joy to both of you, always.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and an endlessly wonderful life

Di
05-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Gosh I missed this too................Best Wishes and your dresses sound so pretty, I am excited for you both:hugs: ...taking the journey together is the best isn't it? I love every min of it...the journey together. I know what you mean and being out and about as being completely natural and somehow *right*thats exactly how I feel too:D .........you just put it into words. Can't wait to see the pics :love:

Karren H
05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Cool!! Sounds lovely!! You going to invite a couple hundred of us too? Maybe set up a webcast so we can all be there!! Need bridesmaid?? :D

Love Karren

Fab Karen
05-10-2007, 03:05 PM
our wedding dresses for our upcoming committment ceremony in June. It was the first time for me to be out and about in broad daylight with carin! It felt completely natural and somehow *right*. and the dresses are just gorgeous. Carin picked a gold evening gown, I choose a wine colored gown. No alterations even! The Bridal Store was extremely courteous and really made both of us feel welcome and celebrated.

Louise.
Sounds fab. Hopefully you didn't have any of that pressure to go white, and it didn't require taking out a mortgage to pay for the dresses.

Gail Stauffer
05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
sounds very nice, that would be a wonderful thing to try a wedding gown. and wish you both the very best!!

Carin's Wife GG
05-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Cool!! Sounds lovely!! You going to invite a couple hundred of us too? Maybe set up a webcast so we can all be there!! Need bridesmaid?? :D

Love Karren

Anyone who is in the vicinity is ever so welcome. Bridesmaids definitely needed!

Louise and Carin.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Carin's Wife GG
05-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Sounds fab. Hopefully you didn't have any of that pressure to go white, and it didn't require taking out a mortgage to pay for the dresses.

needed! Than you for your nice thoughts.

Louise.

Carin's Wife GG
05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
sounds very nice, that would be a wonderful thing to try a wedding gown. and wish you both the very best!!

thank you for your nice wishes.

Louise.

Sheri 4242
05-13-2007, 02:28 AM
*sigh* Val and I so wish the original idea could have worked out for us to have had back-to-back ceremonies with you two! BTW: Regarding pictures, they will take a certain number of proofs -- and will password protect them (or not) as you desire, so they can be shared on here (while restricting access to viewing them if you want or need to have them so protected). They will also webcast the ceremony if you want.

Val still hasn't thought of a way to get out of her meeting on those dates -- especially since the meeting is her first for a brand new job she now has representing a high-end women's clothing line. She has wanted this type of job her entire life. (H'mmm, maybe I could fly out to be a bridesmaid?!! I am supposed to be going to her meeting, but since I don't really golf, which is what the husband's are supposed to do, I'll be stuck in the hotel for several days. Well, would have to check with Val about this.)

Anyway, I know you are both getting so excited! And, don't be embarased when someone says you two could be "poster couple" material for the best of this site -- it's true!!!

Let me put it this way, Val has always been so very supportive and encouraging about my CDing -- a lot like you Louise. BUT, one thing about Val is that she is a very private person and even though she's very okay with all aspects of my CDing, she has never before expressed acceptance of us being together in such a situation as we were talking about. You two inspire so much confidence, that until this business meeting came up -- and I do understand that she can't miss it since she's new to the job -- Val was actually looking forward to the four of us being together with Carin and me en femme. Oh, we've been out with me en femme -- no problem. There has just been a reluctance to be with other "like-minded" couples -- at least not until she began reading the posts you two put up. She was getting as excited as I was about our plans. So, I say: FULL PROCESS COLOR for your poster!!! You inspire confidence, acceptance, and moreover, freedom for us to be who we are!!!!!!!

kerrianna
05-13-2007, 02:54 AM
You know, your wedding will be The Event here. :happy: You two are so sweet together. I just love the idea of what you are doing.

Enjoy all the fun building up to it. I hope you have a dream day when it comes, something to treasure (and share :D ).

Please keep sharing the details. It's so fun feeling a part of your wonderful journey! :hugs: :hugs: :love: :love:

Sally24
05-13-2007, 06:57 AM
This sounds so lovely, you are such a cute couple! Share what you feel comfortable with, with us, but most of all enjoy your special day together! I know we all wish we could be there with you.

Raychel
05-13-2007, 07:19 AM
I am so happy for you both. I hope that your day is great and your lives continue to grow in happiness together.

:love:

Kelsy
05-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Hey you two,

I drove by church yesterday and there was a wedding going on. The bride was standing outside - so beautiful - I thought to myself "that is the ultimate expression of femininity" :happy: Congrats and enjoy!!

Jennifer:hugs:

Angie G
05-13-2007, 07:30 AM
I don't have the Bay area on my calender for that month sorry I have to miss it but you girls have a great time best wishes and all :hugs:
Angie

Mitch23
05-13-2007, 07:50 AM
you are really nice people - my very best wishes from across the pond

mitch

Carin's Wife GG
05-13-2007, 07:21 PM
and Barbara if there is any way you and Val can make it the invitation is open.

Love,

Louise.:love:

Valerie Nicole
05-13-2007, 07:44 PM
This sounds like an amazing experience. I hope one day I can experience something like it. I wish I could be there with you guys. Have a great time.

Carin's Wife GG
05-13-2007, 11:23 PM
on our little adventure! I am planning on getting my exisiting hair highlights done to match my dress, deep burgundy! I have a wonderful stylist who will do some of the most outrageous experiments if I ask. I think the burgundy will look terrific with my (now) dark hair. as Carin says *you never know with Louise, hair color comes and goes in the blink of an eye*.

Louise.:love: :love: :love: