PDA

View Full Version : I Guees I can "carve another notch" in my hairbrush handle

Phyliss
05-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Finished my jobs early today and was headed home. As it turned out, my direction took me past the mall, (no, really it did, honest). Looking at my watch I figured I had about an hour and a half to "browse" with no real intention of buying anything, (yeah right, we've all heard that one before).

I'm kinda on the "lookout" for a mini skirt. Not just any one will do. I'm not even sure exactly what I want, but it has to be a mini. I've seen loads of "scooters" and even more "skorts" , quite a few short skirts but not what I define as a true "mini" (Now don't go spoiling my fun of "hunting" by telling where to look). We all know part of the fun of dressing is FINDING the item we're looking for.

So, I parks my truck in the Macy lot and walk in. Oh goody, just happened to enter by the ladies wear department. Good a place as any to start looking. Wandered around for a bit and didn't see anything that I liked. Figured I venture deeper into the mall and check out Lane Bryant. Why them? I kinda knew that they don't carry anything like what I'm after but perhaps they might have a blouse I liked that I could put together with the "elusive mini"
As I walked in, the day manager was headed out, she smiled at me as I waved to her, and she mentioned she was heading out for a lunch break. Deeper into the store I received the "mandatory" question of "May I help you sir", (Ah ha, new kid here, think I'll have some fun) Wide eyed smile on me and looking her straight in the eye, I says "Yes, I'm looking for a short skirt" , Not a hint of hesitation or embarrassment in my voice.
"OK then, are you shopping for a Mother's Day present for your wife?"
"No"
"Oh, your daughter?"
"No, I'm shopping for myself."

(pause here for a ten second count while she recovers)

About this time C****y, an Assistant Mgr. there, who I've come to know well, walks by and I say hello to her. She greets me and introduces me to "new kid". Who admits to having to recover from my comment. Of course she goes on to tell me she has "no problem" with it, in fact she helps a guy she knows who is gay put together some outfits. (OMG I so hate the automatic equating of CD with gay) but she continues to tell me that this guy also does shows and is an actor.

Time to set this "newbie" straight.

"Well I'm not an actor nor am I GAY" I'm simply a crossdresser."
Pause again here for a five second delay while she mentally processes this.
THERE, THAT got her mind right.
H***n (the new kid) asked me just what sort of skirt I had in mind. I told her what I was thinking of and we proceeded to look about to find something.
Bad luck , nothing to find. Spent about 20 minutes looking and nothing really jumped at me. Oh well, better luck next time.
Said my goodbys and left.
It so happens that in this mall, next door to L.B. is a Victoria Secret. Now I don't usually buy anything there. Some how I just don't much care for their style of clothing. But I figured that since I had a few more minutes of "browse time" I'd wander through. Must have gotten there at the right time, not another customer around. Of course I get the standard "may I help you" question. "Just looking right now, but if I see something jump out at me and say take me home. I might need some help" Glanced at the thongs and contemplated buying one, (that lasted five seconds), wandered into the bra section and looked about. I was in there about two or three months ago and didn't see anything then so I was wondering why I was back and was about to leave when another S.A. asked if I found what I was looking for. (Feeling rather proud of myself with my little adventure at L,B. I mentioned to this S.A. the fact that all they seemed to have were "underwired, padded or much too lacy" bras, and I was looking for something in a soft cup that wasn't too obvious. (big hint there)
"Oh we have something you might like over here at this table, what size are you looking for?"
("Nuts, this is no fun she's making this too easy.) "I usually take a 38B." I told her.
She hands me one of these:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=ZN-212439&page=1&cgname=OSBRPANGZZZ&rfnbr=377

in size 38, and as I look at it the cups seem rather large,and I mention this fact. Handing me a 36B she comments that they might bit a bit smaller. (I know better already, A "B" is a "B" no matter the band size)
As I'm holding it, I comment that an extender might work while I'm trying to picture it on me and I'm checking the stretch in the band. Looking at it the cup is a bit molded and that's not exactly what I'm looking for, still it is a V.S. bra, (for what ever that's worth) Have to give this girl credit as she patiently waits for me to make up my mind. I look at the price tag and comment that $39.50 is a bit much to pay if it doesn't fit right, (Hey honey, here's an opening to invite me for a try on) . Either she won't "take the bait" or doesn't realize what I just hinted at.
Speaking of "bait" looks like it's time for me to either "fish with it or cut it" So, I ask "THE BIG QUESTION" "Do you think I could try it on to be sure?"

(What's with these people today? another 5 second pause)

"Hold on let me ask" she says,
"OK dear I know you have to get permission" at which comment she smiles. Returning in about one minute she leads me off the "Hallowed area of a Victoria Secret Dressing Room" I was rather dissappointed. The place looks nice , but there wasn't a single chair in the room. (I know you don't need a chair to try on a bra, still it would have added to the decor) There was a hook for my "shoulder bag" and shirt. Tried on the 36B and as I figured it was a bit tight in the band. At about this time the "knock" on the door came with the "how you doing" question.
"Open the door, I need your opinion"
I could tell there was some hesitation on her part, as the door slowly opened,
"I think the band is a bit too tight, what do you think?"
"Let me get you the 38"
Returning in about 30 seconds she knocks, opens and hands me the next larger size. Putting it on, I'm impressed at the fit of the band and how the cups aren't as bad as I thought they might be. To be sure I put my shirt on over it to check for any "unwanted lumps" that might be visible. Not a bad profile. Taking off my shirt I await the "knock" which happens in another 10 seconds.
"What do you think of this one?" I ask. Get her approval and as she is about to close the door I ask her to hold on a second while I put my shirt on and let me know what she thinks of it. More approval from her. Good, I pass the "visible" test.
"OK then I'll take this one."
Pay at the register and happily walk out.

So,.....an hour and a half ago I had no intention of doing any shopping, and now I've not only had some "fun" with a "new kid" but I've actually purchased a bra at V.S. and tried it on THERE. All while wearing my guy clothes, and full admission that I was looking for myself.
My My the wonderful things that can happen in a short anount of time.

Alice B
05-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Great story and a lot of poise and self confidence. I am thinking of going to VS for some bras and thongs and think I might have the guts to be honest abvout them being for me:happy: :happy: . I like them. Which model bra was the one you purchased?

Dixie
05-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I went to VS to buy my wife a bra (yes I said my wife and that is what I did hehe), when I walked in the sa asked if she could help me find something? I told her that I knew what I needed and the size of the bra for my wife. She helped me get it. She then asked if there was anything else "I" needed. I told her I don't think you have anything in my size. She smiled real big winked at me and said, "Oh I bet we could find something that would fit." I just smiled and said some other time maybe. It was a great experience and yes I was in total drab except a pair of thong panties.

Kristen Marie
05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Great story! I love all the details. I can see the sales associates pausing and thinking. That is precious!!

daniella
05-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I just love buying at VS. I get to the counter and pull out my gold VS Angel credit card.

Ahhhh ... life is good.

Leah B
05-09-2007, 10:32 PM
I can understand being straightforward, and being proud, but you sound like you were trying to shock or upset that Victoria's Secret lady.

stormrider
05-10-2007, 01:31 AM
I remember purchasing a turtleneck at K-Mart back in the early 70's and having SA's tell me that it really wasn't "my color" and suggesting a different one. Most of the time I was very embarrassed about that. The only time I felt comfortable was at a Parklane Hosiery store in NJ during a snowstorm. The only ones in the store were a single sales clerk and me. I was looking at a sleeveless bodysuit when he came over and asked if I needed help. I told him I was looking for a couple of leotards and he asked if I wanted men's or women's. At that time I didn't know there were men's so I asked what the difference was. He showed me one and mentioned that they were a heavier knit. He never missed a beat when I told him I would rather stick with women's, in fact his comment was something along the line of "I think the fit would be better". After about 45 minutes of shopping without anyone else in the store I walked out with a leotard, a couple of bodysuits, and 3 or 4 pairs of pantyhose. I was too shy at the time to take him up on his offer for me to try them on in the fitting room.

Michelle

Phyliss
05-10-2007, 03:14 AM
I can understand being straightforward, and being proud, but you sound like you were trying to shock or upset that Victoria's Secret lady.

The LAST thing I would want to do would be to "upset" any sales person. One thing I know, there will come a time ,(when I don't know), but the chances are good that I may run into this young lady again, and I wouldn't want to have left a bad impression.
CDers are a fact of life and if I don't at least put my "dainty and delicate size 12W" forward who will know of us.

To have "schocked" her I might have tried taking off my shirt right there and hold it up to myself to check the "look" :heehee:

Kristen Kelly
05-10-2007, 04:04 AM
Save me some room on that cloud you are on now, I know how great you must feel, really helps build the confidence.

RachelDenise
05-10-2007, 04:57 AM
You are getting way out there! I like it. :love:

TGKrissyCD
05-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Reminds me of an event years ago. I usually don't do much inpluse buying as I usually shop for a particular need or item. However, one day I was in the mall and I noted some pumps in the display window of Sears that caught my eye. The heels were on the order of at least four inches and that was unusual for Sears. Did I mention they were on sale. Can't hurt to at least take a look. I was looking over the shoes when a male sales person came up to me and asked if he could help. He was showing me the available colors when the question. "What size" came up. When I said. "a 12" the last time I saw him he was almost rurnning to the back of the store with his hands waving and mumbling to himself. Not a true salesman I presume. I did get my shoes as a woman sales person saw my predicament and came to my aid. I smile now when I recall the incident. Wonder where that saleman went.?

Krissy

Raychel
05-10-2007, 06:08 AM
What a great shopping trip you had, Thanks for sharingit with us. Where was that mall??

SherriePall
05-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Phyliss -- I agree with you on your disappointment of the dressing rooms at VS. When I bought a bra there last fall, I felt they were kind of drab and small and, actually, tacky, with their striped pink walls.

Chelseaswpa
05-10-2007, 07:08 AM
I love V.S., but I really love the lingerie more- giggles. I have went in several times, but could not get up the nerve to try something on- thanks for the inspiration! When i bought my 4" heels i got them at Walmart and told the sales lady they were for my wife- that worked, but they need to be one size bigger! It is such a thrill to do though, and am looking forward to more shopping. That bra looks great, I have a large chest (from alot of bench presses) so now tat I no longer work out my chest is softening some and can make cleavage, I wonder if the pushup bras would work nicely for me? hmmm will check and let y'all know! hugs Chelsea

Phyliss
05-10-2007, 07:58 AM
You are getting way out there! I like it. :love:

Thank you for THAT comment, I kinda love it too.

Raychel I was at "The Fox Run" mall in Newington NH.

uknowhoo
05-10-2007, 08:13 AM
I thorooughly enjoyed your story, Phyllis. Thanx so much for posting!

:yrtw:

xoxo

T

JoAnnDallas
05-10-2007, 01:12 PM
I just love VS. The last two I have been to, the SA's were great. Once they knew I was browsing for myself, they were very helpful. One even told me, "See anything you like to try on, let me know and I will setup a fitting room". The first item I bought in a VS, the SA asked how I would like to pay for it. I pulled out my VS Angel Card and she winked and remarked, "I love a man who has his own Angel Card". Talk about pushing ones buttons.

Ever notices the smiles you get as you walk thru the mall carring a PINK VS shopping bag?

Mitch23
05-10-2007, 01:29 PM
encouraging story - id love to have got to the point where im that confident. not there yet but great to hear from those who have. I had a great time with the girls yesterday trying on some jewellery that some of the disabled students had made in their classes for sale. i realised afterwards that i had switched into mitch mode without even thinking about it - and noone minded!

mitch

Shadeauxmarie
05-10-2007, 01:41 PM
I used to work selling women's shoes when I was in high school. It was usually very obvious when a man was buying for himself. I always asked if they wanted to try them on and would show them a spot they couldn't be seen by passers by. Made quite a few sales that way. And I often used the employees discount for myself!