PDA

View Full Version : The Ideal Shopping Trip

spaskinstyle
02-25-2005, 11:51 PM
I'm going to propose that each Gal in this forum treat herself to the ultimate shopping trip Chicago Style. Everyone has a nice shopping Mall or Town Center near them or within 100 miles or so, and within 20 miles of that there must be a hotel and a resturant so - we are off to the races.

Lets start off the night before and pack a bag. Nothing fancy - just some comfortable clothes that we plan to shop in. It's up to you if you want to dress or not. I'm comfortable with you either way. Wear some low heels, that is my only stipulation - we can't hit all the stores if our feet hurt. Ok, now our bag is packed, let's get a good nights sleep.

Next morning - Your going to the hotel first thing in the morning and checking into a suite. Nothing fancy - just a sitting room and a bedroom with a full size bed. You will need a full size Mirror - oh, and if there is too much furniture in the room you can have them take some out - we might want to take some pictures.

Ok, now we have our room. Do we need to get dressed? Are we dressed? Ok, either way, daylight is burning...lets get some quick toast and tea and get movin. Nothing heavy in your stomach - you need to fit into one size smaller today so don't get bloated. Breakfast for us please. Let's have some Mamossa's.

Let's spend the rest of the morning shopping at the finest stores on Michigan Avenue. Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Lord & Taylor, Marshall Fields, - We don't need to carry anything - they hold everything for us, we don't need to try anything on unless we want to - we are bringing it all back to the hotel to do that....pick this, and that and this....oh yes, they will measure us..... ok,,, and that.... next store....ok,,, and this.... next store.....

Let's jump in a cab....get back to the hotel.... do we want lunch.... HELL NO. Let's play dress up!!! Now you have 3 or 4 or 5 hours to do what you want with the clothes. Play, but don't dirty. Don't take any tags off, just dress up and check them out. See which ones fit. Keep what you want decide in your own time. You have all evening......

Now it's time for dinner.....Wear something that you have decided to purchase and make sure you have made reservations at the nice hotel restaurant...the corner booth.......enjoy yourself.....the hotel staff will take good care of you.....

Now have a drink at the bar.....and go back to your room.....the night is yours to enjoy.....

The next morning...get up, get dressed, get packed up and take all the things that you have decided to keep and pack them away. Those things that you have not decided to keep drop off on your way home.

Now wasn't that fun. Let's do it again next month.

Love to you and yours, Theresa

windycissy
02-26-2005, 01:07 AM
That's not so far-fetched...I love Michigan Avenue, only in addition to the malls and stores you mentioned, don't forget Filene's and Marshalls, great for gals on a budget. I'm usually good for four or five hours before I need a time out to whisk the stubble off my face, then it's back out there for more, if my feet don't hurt too much. Windy

Fallen Angel
02-26-2005, 01:14 AM
this sound great! i would luv to realy endulge my self once and be around the rest of the ladies here boy would we drive the sales clerks zanny