PDA

View Full Version : my forms are hot!

sandra-leigh
05-10-2007, 08:45 AM
No, not that kind of hot!

The weather has turned nice here -- 80's or so (28C-31C) -- and I've been finding that my skin underneath my forms is getting sweaty and my bras are getting damp, more so for my larger forms. It makes it uncomfortable to go walk around, especially at my usual fast clip.

How do other people deal with forms in summer? And do GG's have an equivilent problem, of their breasts getting hot and sweaty?

Sharon
05-10-2007, 08:52 AM
What I do is layer a bit of facial tissue between the forms and my chest.

Sandra
05-10-2007, 08:55 AM
My SO usually puts a dusting of talc on her forms, I personnally don't think that there is anything that will stop the hot and sweaty from happening, and yes GGs do suffer the same.;)

Kate Simmons
05-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm usually soaking wet after dancing all night in the Summer, especially in those hot wigs. I've just learned to grin and bear it Tess. I am having fun after all. I figure it goes with the "turf".:p

Stephenie S
05-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes honey, GGs, at least well endowed GGs, have exactly the same problem. Bras can get hot and sweaty when the thermometer rises. Haven't you ever been around a GG when she complained about, or in exasperation, took off her bra? I might wonder if a form would be even more hot and sweaty as it doesn't breath at all. I know my wife had a set of silicone enhancers that she did not like to wear in hot weather. I like the tissue paper idea. That sounds like it might work well.

I don't really have this problem as I don't wear my forms any longer, and am not really well endowed. It's easy for me to go braless on a hot day.

Here is one more instance of a guy experiencing another part of being a woman that is not all roses. Just like when we experience getting stared at, something that all women have to put up with all the time. "Oh, I felt sooooo feminine". Yeah, right! Being a girl has it's downdide and it seems that we are often the first to complain when we experience any part of that downside.

Lovies,
Steph

Robin Leigh
05-10-2007, 09:13 AM
What about popping your forms into the refrigerator before you go out? :) Seriously, though, just letting them sit in cold water for a few minutes will help. Just don't give yourself a chill, Tess.

And don't spray antiperspirant onto your chest. The chemicals aren't too good for the "skin" of the forms, apparently.

We've just finished summer down here, so I know what you're talking about. Luckily, I'm not a very sweaty person, but I still do sweat under my forms. Skin that can't breathe does tend to get sweaty.

I've tried talc. It helps a little, but the forms will slide around more easily. Rubbing alcohol seems to reduce the sweating a little, and since it kills bacteria, it reduces the odour of the sweat.

I plan on getting a pocketed bra, which should help a little.

In some ways it's worse for the GGs. Our forms are merely good insulators. Real breasts generate body heat. And you can't take 'em off when you're hot, sweaty & tired. :) I feel sorry for extremely well-endowed GGs on really hot days.

:hugs:

Robin

Di
05-10-2007, 09:41 AM
I can answer...yup GG's suffer a lil though that too. And I have heard babypowder helps.

aj_gg
05-10-2007, 09:44 AM
My SO uses medical guas pads to help keep them in place and absorb sweat. He says it works pretty well.

CaptLex
05-10-2007, 09:51 AM
And do GG's have an equivilent problem, of their breasts getting hot and sweaty?
Yup, absolutely! And you know what's worse? Having boobs you can't just take off and having to keep them strapped down under a synthetic binder. Even in cool temperatures it gets hot. As others mentioned, tissues and baby powder help, but it still gets many degrees hotter under there and very sweaty. Man, I wish I could just remove them at will. :p

Karren H
05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
So what's the difference between forms and real breasts... Bet they get hot and sweaty too.. Lol... Well I'm a big summer hater... For that and makeup sucks in hot weather and nylons too... So I only go out when its coolish, early in the morning or late at night... And I live up north where it isn't that bad...

So you can either stuff your bra with socks (clean), move to northern Canada, stop CDing in the summer or suck it up!! No one ever said crossdressing was an easy sport did they?? Hehe.

I'll bet crossdressers in third world countrys would love to get their hands on your sweaty breast forms and your complaining about them.. Lol.. That's didn't come out quite right...

Love Karren

Tamara Croft
05-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh you poor thing... at least you can just take them off!!!!

Oh yes, talcum powder generally helps with sweaty boobs :tongueout

Iniquity Blonde GG
05-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Never without me johnsons baby powder :D

sandra-leigh
05-10-2007, 11:34 PM
So you can either stuff your bra with socks (clean), move to northern Canada, stop CDing in the summer or suck it up!!

But I already live in Northern Canada :(

Canada only has two parts: anything that isn't Eastern Canada is Northern Canada, practically speaking.

Northen doesn't always mean "cold", though: I'm in the center of the continent, a long way from oceans or mountains, so there is not much around to moderate the temperatures. We get some of the biggest temperature swings in the world -- above +40C in the summer, below -40C in the winter. (But it's a dry cold!)

sandra-leigh
05-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Here is one more instance of a guy experiencing another part of being a woman that is not all roses. [...] Being a girl has it's downdide and it seems that we are often the first to complain when we experience any part of that downside.

You don't know what others around me were experiencing, so you don't have a basis for assessing that I was the "first to complain".

It happens, by the way, that yesterday we had record high temperatures over a large area. The lake an hour north of us was having massive ice jams about three weeks ago; I noticed in passing today that the riverside walkway is completely dry, six weeks earlier than last year -- this on a river that every couple of years turns into the world's largest inland sea. And the temperature at the moment is more than 40F colder than the temperature yesterday. Strange weather, and no time for the body to acclimatize to the heat.

sandra-leigh
05-10-2007, 11:53 PM
What about popping your forms into the refrigerator before you go out? :)

I wonder if anyone's done a variant on the Water Bra where the water circulates through a cooling chamber? :D

Robin Leigh
05-11-2007, 05:35 AM
I wonder if anyone's done a variant on the Water Bra where the water circulates through a cooling chamber? :DI can just imagine it: "Honey, what's that weird slushing sound coming from your boobs?" :D

When I first read this thread, I was reminded of the water cooling in space suits. But I didn't want to derail the thread by mentioning it too early. :)

Actually, you might be onto something, Tess-Leigh. I bet something could be done using one of those solid-state cooling devices, which are used for cooling computer chips & some portable coolers. The main problem (AFAICT) is that silicone is a very good insulator. I think we need an engineer to work on this idea. :)

Robin

KatieZ
05-11-2007, 05:44 AM
I use shoulder pads from an old top. They help with the sweat and as a bonus give you a "little extra" up there.

Kate Simmons
05-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Good idea. I think also if that "fem skin" thing that they sell had a cooling system with a small recirculating pump, it might be more popular. We're talking hi-tech "womanhood" here folks.:heehee:

faltenrock
05-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Yes, we've experienced the hottest winter and the dryest April ever.

It gets to warm easiliy, when going by car and the temp is higher than 65 or 70 degrees, even pantyhose and underwear gets to hot. Then it's time for some wind going around our skirts and legs to cool down just a bit.

I'm sure GG's have that problem much more. We CD's can just put on a jeans and a t-shirt - and that's it.

KimberlyS
05-11-2007, 09:07 AM
I figure if I will be sweating up a storm under my forms, my makeup would be running off of me. So just no cding with forms, makeup or wig in that type of weather. For my trip to LV last summer every day was 100 plus. I went from A/C to A/C as quick as possible.

Michelle 51
05-11-2007, 10:43 AM
People would like us better if they only knew what we have to go through to look girly.I mean how hot is a wig in summer not to mention form's panty-hose etc.Worth every drop of sweat isn't it Justabit

AmberTG
05-11-2007, 10:57 AM
You know, you could wear shorts and no pantyhose.:D

jenniferj
05-11-2007, 01:36 PM
It seems like I get sore and itchy after staying dressed more than 24 hours, even in cooler weather. If I'm wearing a top (or nighty) that provides sufficient "cover" I put a folded (ironed into the flat square) cotton pocket handkerchief between each form and my itching skin. It helps quite a bit and the forms don't seem to move around much more than when they snugged up and muckled on ( an old Maine word, describing barnacles.) :D

Phoebe Reece
05-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Contrary to Robin's advice, I have been using a spray antiperspirant on my chest for the last couple of years with no bad effects to my forms. I use Secret brand light powder and it works wonders for keeping the sweat away between chest and forms. The funny thing about this is the tip about using an antiperspirant on my chest came from a young GG in a college class in which I was doing a presentation on crossdressing.

Robin Leigh
05-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Contrary to Robin's advice, I have been using a spray antiperspirant on my chest for the last couple of years with no bad effects to my forms.Interesting! Thanks for this info, Phoebe.

Maybe the article I read was just being overly cautious. Sorry, I can't remember where I read it, but it may have been a form supplier's site. I suppose it could also depend on the type of form; not all polymers are created equal. :)

A thought: the damage may not be visible, but it may still weaken the polymer, reducing the forms' lifespan. I'm too paranoid to do a spot test. But I will do some net research & see if I can come up with some solid info from the suppliers or manufacturers.

I wear Super-Soft Transforms from The BF Store. They recommend cleaning them with a mild scent-free soap, so as not to damage the skin. One would expect anti-perspirant to be more dangerous than scented soap.

:hugs:

Robin

DeeInGeorgia
05-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I am going to try a piece of cotton from an old sheet. I always have a cotton sheet in my sleeping bag when camping to help with moisture there.

Dee

Delila
05-12-2007, 11:55 PM
I honestly think that since ggs suffer this if you are really wanting to mimic them some of the discomfort comes with the teritory. When my forms make me all sweaty I feel more female then when they are comfortable after all women can't put talc between their breasts or take them off when they are uncomfortable.