PDA

View Full Version : Shopping today

Cai
05-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Guess what happens when you put me in a mall with $100 and tell me to go buy a nice dress for my sister's graduation?

I buy $75 worth of boy jeans and t-shirts (they were on sale) and then go hunt down a cheap skirt/top combo that I know my mother will hate, and so I will have to wear something I already own. I also try nothing on, in order to finish quicker. :p

My mother should have learned by now that I don't shop well. :devil:

CaptLex
05-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Hey, I'm with you - especially if they were on sale. I think the bottom line is that if you're not going to wear the graduation outfit enough times to get $100 worth out of it, then you may as well spend as little as possible on it and buy stuff you know you will wear often. Classic Vulcan logic . . . :D

Leah B
05-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Classic dude logic, more like. You guys have the mindset nailed.

Now then, where are you finding these skirt-top combos for $25 :)?

bi_weird
05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Haha that's excellent! My mom knows better, so she always comes with me for things like that. I think she's getting the hint though - I was home today for an eye doctor appointment in boy clothes, including shorts which she's never seen me in, and she commented positively about my 'new clothes' (had the shirts for almost a year she just never saw them) and asked where I got the shorts. Of course then she looked a little lost when I said the boys side of Aeropostale...but baby steps.

John
05-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Ah, yes, skirt-avoidence at all costs. Always the best way to go :D

I think my mother gave up geting me into dresses when I was five...

Classic Vulcan logic . . .
Live long and prosper http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w280/JohnnyTheMan/spock2.jpg

Cai
05-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Unfortunately I later sorta paid for the skirt because I got 15 minutes on picking clothing that "flatters my figure." :rolleyes: But I got enough boy clothing to make it worth it.

Leah - The JC Penny's here was having a big sale.

I'm like Spock! :) I always wanted to be him.

Dasein9
05-11-2007, 12:38 PM
LOL!

15 minutes for $75 worth of clothes on sale sounds like a very good deal to me.