PDA

View Full Version : Lady Godiva in Reverse

susiej
05-10-2007, 10:58 PM
A while ago, my wife and daughters went off for a weekend girl scout adventure, to which I was cordially not invited. I was left at home by myself, for nearly three days. Oh, how ever would I spend the time ???

I gave them a half hour to come back because they forgot something (a lesson I have learned almost at my peril), then spent a couple hours changing into Susie. I did a couple of trances, dressed to the nines, had a couple of glasses of chablis, and was feeling tres chic, tres femme.

It was a warm night in the 'burbs where I live, and I couldn't sleep. Spent some time on this forum, and in Second Life, my other favorite home on the 'net. At 1AM local, more or less, I was wearing a dark blue chiffon dress, ankle length, with a cute little matching jacket. Had on my auburn wig and my 38D forms, and was made up -- looked pretty good, for an old broad, even if I do say so myself.

A little voice in me said, "come on, let's go outside." I looked around to see if Karren Hutton had somehow sneaked into my room :), but it was just me, just Susie, wanting to go out, for the first time in her life. Maybe it was the wine, but I couldn't resist. Out I went, and walked all around our block.

What little rational part of me remained that night concluded that in spite of the near full moon, my very dark, ankle length dress would make me almost completely invisible, so the chances of being recognized were minimal. As it turned out, I met nobody on the entire walk. Just Susie, the moonlight, the trees, the dark houses, and the stars. OMG, it was wonderful. By the time I had made it 3/4 of the way around the block, I had relaxed completely, and was walking a walk like, well, if somebody had been following me, they would have been totally convinced!

I tell you all this because of a funny thought that struck me about it just now. I did have a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach, of course -- and in retrospect, it was because I was being Lady Godiva In Reverse. I was out in the open air, fully dressed, taking a chance that somebody might see me :).

In the cool light of the next morning, my rational self recovered somewhat (with the aid of Tylenol), and I promised not to take this risk too often, but to try it again some day, maybe during a new moon. But, my rational self also observed a different thing, mentioned here by other girls going out for the first time: in rough terms, nobody out there cares who you are, or what you wear. How trivial the chance is, compared to the one Lady Godiva took all those centuries ago!

Hugs,
Susie

Sheri 4242
05-10-2007, 11:24 PM
" . . . my rational self also observed a different thing, mentioned here by other girls going out for the first time: in rough terms, nobody out there cares who you are, or what you wear."

Susie, it truly is amazing how many people don't notice a thing -- nada, nothing. It just proves that most people are truly so caught up in their own world that they often don't notice what is staring them right in the face. I can't tell you how many Halloweens I have "shocked" the trick or treaters (and their parents who are escoring them around the neighborhood. It is an accepted tradition in our neighborhood that I dress up every Halloween, and then my wife and I sit out front with the candy bowls. 99.999% of those coming up do not know that I am a male dressed en femme until (and/or unless) I say something to them. My wife and I still laugh about this one girl -- probably too old to be trick or treating b/c she was about 14 -- came up and got her handfull of candy. Then, as she was leaving, I said "Happy Halloween" in my regular voice. She was so startled and jumped so high that we are still waiting on her to come down.

I'm sure most people don't care at all, if they even notice. However, there are those who care way too much. So caution should dictate prudence at the least. Other than that, enjoy.

Vicky is right to issue her cautionary note! Most people probably won't notice (or if they do, may debate for weeks if what they saw was really a man en femme or not). That said, IMHO we should always be aware of our surroundings, the possibilities we may face, and consider how we will respond to various scenarios. Being thusly prepared equals wisdom in my book!

Stephenie S
05-10-2007, 11:24 PM
I would caution you also about going out late at night alone. The assumption is always that a single woman out alone at night is "working". Drunks, horney men, and police are all going to make the same assumption. If the police drive by, they are going to stop and want to talk to you.

So, although it may seem the safest time to go out, remember what you may look like to others. I, for one, would NEVER walk around at night alone. Daylight with lots of others around is the safest time, no question.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Annesah
05-11-2007, 09:10 AM
I agree with Vicky that there can be a risk. Yes; depends on your nieghborhood. During the summer I ocassionaly take a walk between 1:00 and 3:00 am. I live in a very secure area. There are college kids out walking off and on all night. Probably taking study breaks. When a police car passes by they don't even slow down. I did get hit on once; by a woman who was immediately put off by my male voice. I'm happy to report I did not feel in any way threatened!

Michelle 51
05-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Susie Thank you Glad you had fun and i almost imagined that i was in your shoe's.I could almost feel a breeze on my leg's Justabit

Angie G
05-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Good for you hun :hugs:
Angie