PDA

View Full Version : Went to The Theater the other day

missattitude
05-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, this has been my second time the past few months going to see a play., This time I went to see Chartiy, it was a very girly play. My boyfriend's brother got some free tickets to this play. One day I want to just go there in drag. I had pretty good seats this time, and the view was fantastic. The outfits the chicks were wearing I wanted to just climb in and wear myself. This would be the perfect place to go out to and outing in drag. But that is onyl when I find enough time to get it all done. Plus it is always a good place to check out all the other gg's clothes and heels. Just drives me nuts. Has anyone gone to the theater in drag before. If, so what did it feel like. Just curious . MD

Karren H
05-11-2007, 06:33 PM
I go to the movies every so often enfemme.... no big deal.... Never been to a theater or play... After dinner, usually when out one a business trip....

Karren

Butterfly Bill
05-11-2007, 08:35 PM
A theater with live actors on the stage is a perfect example of the kind of place to go in drag for the first time, a place where there are likely to be intellectual and liberal people. (Not like a bar or a shopping mall.) I love going to the Performing Arts Center in Tulsa in my nicest outfits, everybody else there is dressed up too.

Billijo49504
05-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Fantastic, That's great, keep it up. That sure was a big step. I'm glad you had a good time...BJ

CherylKCCD
05-11-2007, 10:22 PM
my SO and I have been to the movies a couple of times and to 2 different Las Vegas Circus Soleil shows. Waiting in line gets my heart rate up a bit, but once in we get to our seats, it's quite rewarding.

Laurie909
05-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Has anyone gone to the theater in drag before. If, so what did it feel like. Just curious

One time. On Halloween. (No it WASN'T Rocky Horror). The play was "I Hate Hamlet". It was a wonderful experience and one I shall never forget.

kerrianna
05-12-2007, 02:46 AM
I work in the theatre, and unfortunately I can't really do my work in drag. :heehee:

Even if I did, I'd still have to wear all black as a technician. Maybe that's why all my girl clothes are very colourful. Everything else is black, black, or black. :rolleyes:

The theatre is a great place to get all dolled up. I really enjoy seeing the efforts some people go to for an evening out. Just don't use too much perfume. It's a cardinal sin these days.

Because drag is quite often a staple of stage plays and acting, there is a higher tolerance amongst most theatre goers, so by all means go for it. You're entitled to dress how you want as long as you're paying for your ticket and not disturbing anyone else. So no big feathery hats either. :p

If you find you like theatre you might want to consider trying out acting with an amateur group, especially ones that like to do farces or pantomines. Those are the productions where guys get to wear dresses in front of an audience! :D

renee k
05-12-2007, 07:23 AM
I have gone en femme to see plays and musicals here in Detroit, and found it to be a great experience. It's nice to dress in a nice suit and heels, and blend in with the other women. Also going for dinner prior too or a drink afterwards is a nice way to add fun to the evening.

Huggs, Renee

TxKimberly
05-12-2007, 07:32 AM
I've gone to the movies, but never to the theater. I would love to do this, or even better would be a symphony. What could be cooler than that?!

Kim

Jennifer_G
05-12-2007, 08:38 AM
I went out to the theatre on a couple a occasions about 4 years ago. I seem to have gone into reverse the last few years and crawled back into the closet due to my depression and also due to financial reasons.

I'd love to get out again as it was a real buzz but I'm afraid it won't be anytime soon though.

love to you all,
Jennifer

faltenrock
05-12-2007, 12:56 PM
I've been to the movies quite a few times, not to a theatre yet.

Going to the movies could a nice and quite easy experience for outing beginners. Usually it's dark in the evening. You can buy a ticvket in advance, if you don't want to wait in line - all dressed up. Once you have a seat in the cinema, there are only your direct neighbours, who can really see your skirt or whatever you're wearing.
To me, going to the movies is great, I love it, but it's not a big deal at all.

Just try it girl, it's fun.

Rachel Morley
05-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Just like other girls have said, I too have gone to the movies en femme. As a matter of fact we're going to see "28 weeks later" tonight. It's the opening weekend and it's Saturday night, so it's going to be packed out with people everywhere and I'm going en femme in a skirt :happy:

I've never been to a play at the theater dressed en femme yet, but me and my wife have discussed it and we think it would be a good place to go. Yet another "experience of life" that we'll have to do.