PDA

View Full Version : just courious - gay siblings?

Jaquelyn
05-11-2007, 08:12 PM
I posted here already that my only sister was gay. I say was, because she recently passed. For a while in my life, I wondered if my yearning to dress in women's panties was some weird, complex thing about her being gay. I have since come to the concusion that I think too much, lol, and it doesn't.
However, since I am new, I am just couroius, how many others out there have gay siblings, or parents for that matter. Do you feel that it affects your decision making about who and what you are? Also, does anyone out there have siblings out there that c/d? I guess in a way, my sister did, as previously stated, she was very dike at times, so, that pretty much is c/d, wouldn't you think?

sami1952
05-11-2007, 08:25 PM
My younger sister came out to us a few years back and i didn't think no different about her and it didn't have any affect on my cding,I was doing that way before she came out to us.

Chiana
05-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I have relatives on my Dad's side of the family that are gay. But it had absolutely no influence on me with respect to my desire to dress. I have wanted to be a girl and dress as a girl long before I ever had a concept about gay, straight, bi or whatever or was even aware of my relatives for that matter.

unclejoann
05-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I am bi crossdresser. My daughter is gay. My next older brother does all the clothes shopping for his wife, she doesn't like to and apparently he does, I don't know if he dresses or not.

Stephanie Anne
05-11-2007, 08:51 PM
My immediate family is a contradiction unto itself. They are or were devoutly religious (my mother is 5th generation missionary and my father has one of his degrees from a seminary and is ordained) and yet my parents instilled a great deal of love and tolerance for others in me. My grandparents were extremely religious and very against homosexuality.

No one in my immediate family is lesbian, gay, bi or transgendered (except little ole me :D ).

I have always felt feminine and known I was not right as a boy, now a man and while the thought of being gay in relation to dressing and feminine feelings was very much on my mind growing up, I never really felt gay nor have I ever had a desire to be gay.

So no, my family had no influence on my way of being aside from letting me judge people for who they are and not what they are.

trannie T
05-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Both my brother and sister are hetero and to the best of my knowledge are not crossdressers.

MJ
05-11-2007, 09:34 PM
i have an uncle who is gay, but i don't think it is related my ts issues i could be wrong

Annesah
05-12-2007, 11:41 AM
My sister is gay but I don't think that has anything to do about my TG tendencies.

Eva Diva
05-12-2007, 03:02 PM
My older brother was gay. We were very different people - I was the standard "Beaver Cleaver" kind of boy, he was "different". I used to visit him for weekends and hang out in gay bars at night watching drag shows. I've spent my life totally straight, and had no interest in women's clothes until very recently. I think that if there was any connection, it would have shown up sooner.

Deborah
05-12-2007, 03:05 PM
None of my siblings are gay or bi that i know of. (2 sisters, 1 brother)

Gina_darling
05-12-2007, 03:15 PM
No-one in my family is gay that I know of. So I can't blame my transgender issues on that!

Tina Dixon
05-12-2007, 03:34 PM
My sister is, she's really a half sister, but it has nothing to do with me wanting to be pretty.

Daintre
05-12-2007, 03:49 PM
My sisters are all straight arrows, I am the one who came out bent. I do have a son who is crossdresser, if he is gay, he hasn't told me yet.

racquel
05-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Three brother's,one sister-none gay.Multiple cousins,uncles,aunt's,none gay that I know of.I am the only c/d'r I know of in my family.
Guess I'm special :heehee:

Dixie
05-12-2007, 04:07 PM
One redneck younger brother, one Bi younger sister and a first cousin who is a lesbian.

tifftg
05-12-2007, 04:53 PM
I have an older sister whose clothes I loved to wear but she is not gay.

rose382832
05-12-2007, 05:00 PM
my brother is a lawyer and a politician so he might qualify but both sisters are happy working house wifes , so not on that side.

marie354
05-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I have two younger brothers and the youngest is gay. I asked him once if I had an influence on his being gay and he said that it didn't. I still wonder about it though because he's known about my CDing since he was about 5. He has never CD'd but has seen me on several occasions.
:hugs:

Valerie Nicole
05-12-2007, 06:44 PM
One older sister who has been with the same guy for over a year now, has been obsessed with guys since high school, and has never mentioned any attraction towards women. Therefore I am reasonably sure she is not gay. Good thing, too, because in my early teens I sure loved to borrow her clothes while she wasn't around! Not entirely sure I would have had the same selection of skirts if she had been gay.

Samantha B L
05-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I have two cousins who are brother and sister who are gay and lesbian. I had another cousin who I actually never met that was gay.He was a whole lot older than me and he died in 1993.And there is another family member that I've been told is a Lesbian but I promised that I wouldn't "blab" so I'm not gonna elucidate any further!I don't think these had anything to do with my CD'ing.

missattitude
05-12-2007, 11:35 PM
I;m gay, does that count?
hehe

Stephenie S
05-12-2007, 11:44 PM
My sister also is a lesbian. This had nothing to do with my gender confusion as I was conviced I was a girl before she was born.

Steph

melissaK
05-13-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm an only child . . . No gays anywhere in the family, except my second wife, but that's another story . . .

Cheryl T
05-13-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm an only, but curiously enough I have 3 male cousins...all of whom are gay. I've often wondered if this really indicates that there is something genetic about their desires and mine.
I'm hetero but you all know my prediliction....lol

Jodi
05-13-2007, 08:39 PM
I have a brother that is gay. To my knowledge, I had no influence on him and he had none on me.

Jodi

CheriTV2006
05-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Although I have two gay cousins, this did not influence my bent to cd'ing. However, the fact that they were has made it more tolerable for me to come out to family as a cd'er. I have always been mentally wired heterosexual. Cheri.

JenniferR771
05-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Two brothers--hetero.
However at a recent cd meeting the gurls were discussing the "Hormone Wash " theory of the cause for transgender people. Essentially that the mother's hormones if excess can affect the brain of the developing fetus in the womb--partially overriding the external genetalia. (I am doubtful.)

One of the gurls asserted that of crossdressers who had identical twin brothers--48 percent were also crossdressers. But...this means that 52 percent were not determined by genetics or hormones in the womb.

I am mystified.

Anybody else have sibling statistics they would like to share?

Eva Diva
05-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Two brothers--hetero.
However at a recent cd meeting the gurls were discussing the "Hormone Wash " theory of the cause for transgender people. Essentially that the mother's hormones if excess can affect the brain of the developing fetus in the womb--partially overriding the external genetalia. (I am doubtful.)

One of the gurls asserted that of crossdressers who had identical twin brothers--48 percent were also crossdressers. But...this means that 52 percent were not determined by genetics or hormones in the womb.

I am mystified.

Anybody else have sibling statistics they would like to share?

Twin studies are tricky - many of them have been bogus - but in theory they should be able to tell you a lot. In your case above, the important question is "what proportion of the male population is a crossdresser?" If two percent of men crossdress, but 48 percent of identical twins of crossdressers also crossdress, then you have a very large correlation. If crossdressing was not affected by genetics, then you might expect only two percent of the identical twin brothers to also crossdress.
Actually, that number seems extremely high to me. Even with a genetic effect, I wouldn't expect half of all twins to share a trait like this. Even where genetics plays a role, it is usually a subtle one. There's a lot that goes on between conception and adulthood that can override genetic backgrounds.

Paulette66
05-14-2007, 08:12 AM
No one in my family is gay that I know of but I have a cousin who is a catholic priest... but then he wears a frock anyway!