PDA

View Full Version : Tested the waters......

almalove
05-12-2007, 03:34 AM
I'va been thinking of a way to dress in public, with out giving my self away, well I thoght I've found the perfect set up, mother's day is coming very soon every year in our group i help in some way to put the progarm together in our inour community, so this year I planed to recite a poem , I found tow beautifull poems that honored all mothers, here is the punch line one is a "mom" describing what life was like before being a mother, so the ibea was to dress as a mom ( in a very respectfull way ) an recite this poem so a ask the person in charge what she thogth about the idea ( it took me a week to gather the valor to ask) but she pointed out that there would be some people that would be looking at it in a moking way and that there would children so maybe it would not be a good idea, so I only will recite one.
One side of me whanted so much to do it , and the other was trerrified to do it, I still think it is a very good idea, but at the time it wont happen, well here is part of the poem I hope you like it I love it...

Before I became a mother,

Before I became a mother I used to eat my food hot, my clothes look iron and clean, I would brush and take care of my hair and could make long phone calls with out worry, my nials were long and beautifull.
Before I became a mother I did not know how much such a small baby would change my life Before I became a mother.....

Almalove.........

Wendy me
05-12-2007, 04:03 AM
let it go .... don't do it ... it's mother's day.... let the mom's out there have their day ... you have the other 364 day's to do it......

KrazyKat
05-12-2007, 04:33 AM
:yt:
:hugs: Yes, I agree. This is a Day to give thanks to your Mom!!

Sheri 4242
05-12-2007, 05:05 AM
I think we may have to agree to disagree, hopefully without being disagreeable.

Your intentions are set forth in your very first sentence -- you've been seeking a "safe way" to dress in public, and this "Mother's Day" presentation struck you as a viable way of getting what YOU want. You seem to even be a little contemptuous (e.g., "here is the punch line," and the fact that it has already been pointed out to you that this could be viewed as "mocking"). My first take is that, your intentions notwithstanding, this is a day to honor mothers!!! I think it seriously inappropriate to use Mother's Day as a vehicle to be able to crosspdress!!! I guess the GG's will have to weigh in with their opinions, but, IMHO, I am convinced that your idea was entirely self-serving and tremendously insensitive to all of the mothers we should be showing our sincerest appreciation to!!!!!!!

I am not trying to come down on you or start an argument; I try not to be contentious or argumentative -- I just feel that something like Mother's Day needs to be kept in the position of respect it richly deserves!!!

kittypw GG
05-12-2007, 05:37 AM
I think we may have to agree to disagree, hopefully without being disagreeable.

Your intentions are set forth in your very first sentence -- you've been seeking a "safe way" to dress in public, and this "Mother's Day" presentation struck you as a viable way of getting what YOU want. You seem to even be a little contemptuous (e.g., "here is the punch line," and the fact that it has already been pointed out to you that this could be viewed as "mocking"). My first take is that, your intentions notwithstanding, this is a day to honor mothers!!! I think it seriously inappropriate to use Mother's Day as a vehicle to be able to crosspdress!!! I guess the GG's will have to weigh in with their opinions, but, IMHO, I am convinced that your idea was entirely self-serving and tremendously insensitive to all of the mothers we should be showing our sincerest appreciation to!!!!!!!

I am not trying to come down on you or start an argument; I try not to be contentious or argumentative -- I just feel that something like Mother's Day needs to be kept in the position of respect it richly deserves!!!

Thanks Barbara, you said it all! :hugs: Kitty

Angie G
05-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Let it go hun don't think it's a good idea :hugs:
Angie

Kieron Andrew
05-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Mothers day? wrong timing........enuff said!

Stephenie S
05-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Yes dear, if you want to CD, you should learn to take resposibility for yourself and just CD. Trying to use a mother's day celebration to somehow "trick" them into letting you CD without taking any responsibility for it yourself is a bit underhanded.

This is something we ALL (well, many of us) need to learn. There is NOTHING wrong with CDing. It's just a bit different. But like everything else in life, we have to take responsibility for our own needs snd desires. If your family doesn't approve of CDing you may have to CD away from them. If your boss doesn't approve of CDing, don't wear a dress to work. If your SO doesn't want you to CD, do it elsewhere. But the underlying message here is that you have to just do it. Stop looking for "excuses" to "excuse" your behavior. Wanting to do it is reason enough. If it was immoral, or illegal to CD, that would be a different story. But it's not. It's perfectly OK. Just ask the many, many, guys on this forum who do CD. It's perfectly OK! You may find you have to be a bit discrete about your behavior to avoid offending some people (many of us, including myself, find that not to be true), but the only way to do it is to just do it. "Excuses" are a waste of time and not necessary at all.

CDing in public is far, far, easier than you may imagine. If you dress appropriately, 99% of the people you see won't see you at all. And 99% of those who do see you don't care as long as you don't rub their faces in it. See, hon, that's what your plan to CD in front of that Mothere's Day celebration would have done. It would have "rubbed their faces" in your desire to CD.

There is a lot of help available here if you want to CD in public. Just ask. You will probably get more help than you can use. But stop looking for an "excuse". If you really want to do it, you don't need one.

Lovies,
Auntie Steph

Dixie
05-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Ditto all around!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenda58
05-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Don't do it Mothers Day is for Mothers not for coming out. There are many days you can dress and go out and many places. If you had been out dressed and people knew it it would be different but you have not.

If you want to come out go shopping first then to some meeting with other CDers but not Mothers Day.

Leah B
05-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Can you really trust your own motive here? This is one of those times you suck it up for the sake of harmony.