PDA

View Full Version : My first day in a skirt

Jenny S
05-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Karren Hutton.

What a wonderful time I had yesterday letting Jen come out of her shell. I happened across this board within the last four days. I have made a few posts a long while back but lost my account data. It has been almost a year since my last purge but each and every time Jennifer DOES come back, and a little stronger too!

The discussions on jeans and skirts prompted me to purchase two skirts and one jeans skort (no alternative at the time) yesterday. I have been wearing panties and women’s jeans for quite some time, before and after my purge but the skirts are a very welcomed addition to my new (again) wardrobe. Since my family was off in another direction yesterday I decided (actually planned it) to treat myself. It turned out to be the perfect day for a skirt.

Boy did I have a little scare though. My first adventure from the safety of my car I lost my keys. I was in this nice little park and took a walk around. There were a few moms with their pre-school aged kids and a girl’s softball team practicing in the general area. Upon returning to my car I realized my predicament. Here I am dressed nicely in a green skirt, complementing top, bra and forms with no keys. I had to back track my steps. After a quick find was out of the question I found myself making a thorough grid pattern search of the likely area. After 15 minutes searching in the open I finally found them them. At that point one mom with kids, walking towards the softball practice, came within close proximity to me. She looked at me a few times. Following advice from this forum I just smiled. She then started to talk to me, all dressed up. I told her I had just found my keys and observed it was really getting warm (the weather, not me). She agreed and said have a nice day. Wow! After that bit of confidence boosting, I looked forward to walking the outlet malls!

As dumb luck would have it I found myself parking directly behind the Hanes Bali store . The store was full of shoppers. Three men were seated at the front of the store. Do they know what they’re missing? I went happily on my way finding a nice cami for $4! A few women looked at my skirt but didn’t dwell on it. The sales clerk was very helpful and said ‘please come again’ on my way out. That certainly did feel good.

Another very positive experience was Claire’s. After reading some threads I finally decided to see what they had to offer. The very attractive Manager said welcome and immediately placed a giant pink shopping basket into my hands. I asked where the clip-on earrings were and she exercised the proper amount of discretion showing me their display since there were a few other girls near them. She also showed me where the mirror was so I could try them on. I believed the sale was ‘buy three for the price of one’. After trying on several pair and a necklace I just couldn’t get myself to buy any, just yet. That was the first time I saw myself in earrings, eeeek. I suppose the popper application of makeup and wig would have helped matters greatly. Perhaps next time I will be more receptive. I generally don’t like taking sales clerks time with out making a purchase but I’m not going to purchase something I don’t want. Any how, I sincerely thanked her for her time on my way out.

After Bali’s and Claire’s I was ready to walk the rest of the outlet mall with my head high. I already knew this but my wife refuses to believe it. People are too often into their own little worlds to notice much around them. That was proven yet again during my walk. Thankfully, those that did notice didn’t make a big deal out of my attire. I poked my head into a few more stores but after asking an attractive sales clerk the time I discovered my ‘time in the sun’ was QUICKLY ending. I had twenty minutes before I had to start back home.

I was able to beat the family home, change clothes, and still prepare dinner (crepes with strawberries). What a thrill today was.

Jaquelyn
05-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow. What a big day for you. Very brave as well. I'm jealous of your self confidence to go out dressed. LOL Sounds like you enjoyed it.

Dixie
05-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Good for you, sounds like you had a wonderful time!

jenny01
05-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Were you wearing a wig, makeup & heels?

Jenny S
05-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Were you wearing a wig, makeup & heels?

No wig, no makeup, no heals, no fingernail polish. My toenails were finished but I wasn't able to find the right pair of sandals in time. I borrowed my wifes Ray-Bans and her ball cap. That's it. I was addressed as Sir but that didn't bother me. I supposed if I had been all dolled up that whould have been different.

Jen

jenny01
05-12-2007, 08:25 PM
That is awesome! I hope that I will have that courage someday.

paulaN
05-12-2007, 09:05 PM
way to go hun. sounds like a great time. next time give yourself a little more time to get home before the wife and kids. I'd hate to see you cut it so close that they beat you home and well you know!!!!!! keep on gurlen!!!!!!!

Deanna2
05-13-2007, 06:23 AM
Sounds like a fab time.

Angie G
05-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Jenny skirts are great i have 20 of them and still looking the last time I was at the mall with my wife we went a Claire's and I got my ears pierced " no more clip-ons you have to care for them and keep the postsin for 6 weeks after that it earring heaven baby something to think about Jenny :hugs:
Angie

Mitch23
05-13-2007, 08:02 AM
wow you clever girl! life will never be the same again - you'll go from strength to strength! I'm going out tomorrow for the 2nd time and i'm so much more positive and confident about it already

mitch

shannonsilk
05-13-2007, 02:20 PM
nice story. i don't think id ever go out as a guy in a skirt----but who knows.

Michelia
05-13-2007, 02:43 PM
but where do you live, if I may ask? Liberaland?

Michelia