PDA

View Full Version : Business trips - to dress or not

Melissa Jane Martin
05-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I see many of you dress on your business trips and some even in route. I am considering this but I guess my question is how do you find the time and is it worth it if you only have a few hours of an evening. I am leaving Tuesday (heading to Cleveland) and would have some time of an evening but my question is if you get can't get started untill six or seven is that enough time? And what about all dressed up and no place to go?

rose382832
05-12-2007, 07:29 PM
even if you just spend the night in your room dressed it seems to me that it is worth it. or better yet dress and go down to the hotel bar or the nearest restaurant for a snack.

jenny01
05-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Anytime that I can walk around wearing a bra is worth it to me. As the last post said , go down & have a drink at the hotel bar. Enjoy life dressed, even if it is only a bra & panties. I must add that wearing nail polish is also very exciting.

Jenny S
05-12-2007, 08:21 PM
I like to go pool hopping, if you will. After jumping into my new Land's End one-piece and forms I like to look for a sunny spot near a pool without too much activity. I did it twice last week

Lori SC
05-12-2007, 09:15 PM
As far as finding the time.... After work, in a hotel room, what else is there to do except watch TV? (and I mean television, ladies).

The only drawback with dressing on business trips, is that you have to take twice as many clothes! :chained:

Hugs, Lori

Melissa Jane Martin
05-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I like to go pool hopping, if you will. After jumping into my new Land's End one-piece and forms I like to look for a sunny spot near a pool without too much activity. I did it twice last week

Aren't you concerned that you will be discovered at the pool?

Angie G
05-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Well how bad do you want it hun :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
05-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Who said anything about a few hours..... out of a 3 day business trip last year, I was not enfemme for only 10 hours.... Drove 6 hours each way dressed, spent all my free time enfemme, was a blast. That is when I'm traveling solo. If I have coworkers and I have crossdressed under the noses of up to 26 or so coworkers staying at the same hotel.... It's more like 12 hours enfemme..... 6pm to 6am... Extended stays I hange my fem clothing in with my male things... which are few btw... lol And i almost always make sure I have control of the rental car so Karren has some transportation to the mall!!!

Love Karren

Karren H
05-12-2007, 09:35 PM
The only drawback with dressing on business trips, is that you have to take twice as many clothes! :chained:

Hugs, Lori

I usually only take one change of male clothes..... the rest is female...

Karren

Melissa Jane Martin
05-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Who said anything about a few hours..... out of a 3 day business trip last year, I was not enfemme for only 10 hours.... Drove 6 hours each way dressed, spent all my free time enfemme, was a blast. That is when I'm traveling solo. If I have coworkers and I have crossdressed under the noses of up to 26 or so coworkers staying at the same hotel.... It's more like 12 hours enfemme..... 6pm to 6am... Extended stays I hange my fem clothing in with my male things... which are few btw... lol And i almost always make sure I have control of the rental car so Karren has some transportation to the mall!!!

Love Karren

You are an inspiration Karen. So you interacted with your co-workers and they did not realize it? Wow. How long have you been dressing?

Karren H
05-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I have passed a few in the parking lot.. They had no clue.. And I always excuse myself from any dinners or going out drinking events... They go that way.... Karren goes the other way... And dressing for 47 years total, but only the last 3 seriously...

Love Karren

Melissa Jane Martin
05-12-2007, 09:57 PM
I have passed a few in the parking lot.. They had no clue.. And I always excuse myself from any dinners or going out drinking events... They go that way.... Karren goes the other way... And dressing for 47 years total, but only the last 3 seriously...

Love Karren

Okay I am going to do it. packing another bag all of my stuff (new wig too) and dressing up at least one night (evening events the other nights). Karren... what was the event (if any) that made you start dressing seriously 3 years ago? I would be interested. 3 years ago was it for me too although I have not progressed as far as you have.

Michelle (Oz)
05-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I take any advantage of travelling to dress. It is sometimes a bit hard though to explain why a medium sized suitcase for just an overnight stay. I can usually get in a dinner at a restaurant and coffee at the hotel coffee shop before wearing a nightie to bed, and in the morning its breakfast and a walk before the day's business. If I'm lucky, I'll slip in a little shopping.

I now have staff at the hotel, fav restaurants, shops, etc that know me and are very friendly. It helps overcome the loneliness.

It is fun to think about what to take and plan activities. I'm working on flying while dressed when I have a 3 day trip in June. That will stretch my confidence.

Michelle (Oz)

Alice B
05-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Karren,

When driving on a business trip dressed do you check in at the hotel dressed? If so, do you register in your femme name? This is something I have thought about, but don't quite know how to approach it. It would be going far out on the limb for me.:hugs:

Joy Carter
05-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I have to say that I have so much grown personally, now that I have let Joy out into the world. I never could have made it if it weren't for my good friend Teresa Amina. She has been my rock during this journey to freedom. It's just so liberating to be out and about being your self.
So Hun take baby steps until you feel comfortable. Just be careful and be aware that you need to take the same precautions that our GG sisters do. Do have fun on your exploration of self discovery.

Joy Belinda Carter

Karren H
05-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Okay I am going to do it. packing another bag all of my stuff (new wig too) and dressing up at least one night (evening events the other nights). Karren... what was the event (if any) that made you start dressing seriously 3 years ago? I would be interested. 3 years ago was it for me too although I have not progressed as far as you have.

I typically keep two or three nylone travel totes packed and ready for any quick trips that come up.... Just throw them in my suitcase..... Sometimes have to leave a lot of male things in my truck! Lol.

And the event.... Was a couple. Things... But mainly found out I had a brain tumor.. Pitutary Adenoma... That produced a female horemone that made my breasts grow... And when I started treatment the urge to crossdress came back with a vengence... After 10 years of inactivity..... Its been a hell of a 3 years! Hehe

Karren,

When driving on a business trip dressed do you check in at the hotel dressed? If so, do you register in your femme name? This is something I have thought about, but don't quite know how to approach it. It would be going far out on the limb for me.:hugs:

Alice.... Haven't done that yet... but Kimberly from TX has.... I almost always stop in the hotel parking lot, remove my makeup, throw on a sweatshirt and a pair of slacks and a ball cap and go in and register.... The places I go my male persona is well know.... and I'm always running into people I know in the lobby when registering....but it is on my list of things to do this year along with riding the subway enfemme...

Love Karren

Deanna2
05-13-2007, 06:28 AM
I'm O/S at the moment working for a week or so. In my limited after work time I've done a bit of shopping and am presently sitting in my hotel room, just having finished work for the day. I sitting here in a strappy top and a denim mini skirt, both of which I bought a couple of days ago.

Mitch23
05-13-2007, 08:04 AM
dont think about it - if its right just do it - it will quickly be 2nd nature

mitch

CammyT
05-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Aloha,
I too use business travel to transform. Early dinner and then Cammy comes out. Planning on going out soon. The next time I get to Honolulu and am able to stay in Waikiki. :be:

Jenna1561
05-13-2007, 10:10 AM
I love travelling on business as I get much more time to dress. Like Karren, I limit my male clothing options, but my trips are usually for a minimum of 1 to 3 weeks, so I do have to take more than a single change of clothes. My co-workers on the same trip have asked why I have 2 full suitcases on my trips and I simply tell them that I shop when I travel and take gifts and souveniers home, and I really do.

Like Karren, I excuse myself from most extracurricular gatherings and I always try to be the one with the rental car. I've flown enfemme twice but was nervous both times and on my last trip I checked into a hotel enfemme under my male name. Though that hotel was for only one night and no co-workers were there.

I've strolled past co-workers in malls, parking lots and the lobby and once shared an elevator with one. And yes, I was on pins and needles for all 3 floors that we rode together. He never batted an eye, nor did he ever say anything to me then or at work. I think that if it had been a woman co-worker, she'd have probably recognized me.

If you have time, it's always a good time to dress.

Jenna

TxKimberly
05-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Well,
It's sort of up to you! Is it worth it to YOU to be pretty for an evening? As for all dressed up with no place to go, forget it! Go to dinner, or a movie, or both!
Personally, unless I have real cool plans (meeting someone, or going out somewhere cool) I generally would not bother unless I think I can be at the hotel getting ready by about 4PM.
Kim

chrissietoo
05-13-2007, 07:42 PM
I have a lot of unisex clothes...a look that I like--girls jeans, tees, soft sweaters. When I travel, I'm comfortable going out dressed like that with a B-cup bra and perhaps some perfume. It's more important to me that I'm comfortable and secure (low key), than glamorous. I don't like bars (don't drink), and I've found some great coffee shops.

I've been "spotted" a couple of times, and always had wonderful meetings as a result. One evening three young lesbian girls came and sat near me, and after a while asked if I was a boy or a girl. When I told them, we had a great conversation about feeling femme and looking femme. We ended with one of the girls taking me into the ladies room and doing my make-up, and then we all went to a club together!

:love:

chrissie

windycissy
05-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Nowadays I try to arrange my schedule so I have enough free time to make all the hassles worthwhile...."24 hours as a woman" is my mantra, it is so great to be able to wake up in a nightgown and look forward to having a whole day to myself for shopping, the pool and dinner (a single, well-dressed woman dining alone in a hotel restaurant does not stand out) or, if I'm really lucky, maybe meeting a fellow CD'er from this forum.

krisla
05-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Meilissa

I look at business trips as a good way of expressing Krisla without taking time from my family. If I have a business meeting or dinner that always comes first but more often than not I am Krisla for the night and even early morning. I can be ready by 7 which gives me to 11 if I go to a Borders or Barnes and Noble. I ussually also have two hours in the morning in I get up early enough, Starbuck in the morning is pretty sedate and half the staff and customers are still sleeping so it is easy to pass.

Having said all this I completely understand it is a lot of work being a girl, There are many times I have not dressed simply because I don't have the energy.

Krisla

Kimkandy
05-13-2007, 09:49 PM
As the last post said , go down & have a drink at the hotel bar. Enjoy life dressed, even if it is only a bra & panties.

So that's go down to the bar just wearing a bra and panties...

Kim

:dom: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

chrissietoo
05-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Enjoy life dressed, even if it is only a bra & panties. I must add that wearing nail polish is also very exciting.

no, sweetie, she has nail polish on too~:D

susie evans
05-13-2007, 10:44 PM
i usualy don't pass up the oppertunity to get dressed and always have my travel bag ready just in case :heehee:

susie