PDA

View Full Version : nail extensions - (and split with gf)

jenni_xx
05-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Hiya everyone.

Its been a while since I've been on here, so I hope everyone is ok.

Since my last visit, a lot has happened to me. I split up with my girlfriend. She knew about my crossdressing, but after an encouraging and sympathic start, she didn't take too kindly to it. I am honest enough to admit that that is my fault, as I pushed it too much upon her, and this understandably made her feel uncomfortable. It wasn't the cause of our splitting up, but it was definitely a factor. I'm not sad though, it was for the best, for both her and I.

A lot has happened to me since then. I've opened up more, become more comfortable with myself, and come to accept something about myself which deep down I knew but didn't face all along. This being that I am gay. This
, as you would probably realise, has opened up a whole new world for me. Most surprisingly, the number of female friends I have now got. They truly are fantastic friends, totally accepting, and they mean the world to me. Honestly, I just couldn't be happier.

Which has resulted in a new found confidence for me. This confidence enabled me to make an appointment to have my nails done, which happened on friday just gone. Two hours of being pampered by the most talkative girl who was absolutely wonderful. Chatting no end to me about her boyfriend, about her life, and asking me all sorts of questions about mine, about the things I like, the men I like, the clothes I like. All of which without even batting an eyelid. It just felt so wonderful.

Anyway, I've attached two pics of my hands. I love my new nails, and intend to keep them like this for quite some time. As you will see, they are in the style of a french manicure, and are gel nail extensions.

Yours, a very happy jenni

xxxx

Jenna1561
05-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Jenni,

Sorry to hear about your gf leaving, but I'm happy to hear that you are "finding" yourself. Nice nails. I have a question for you on your new extensions. I keep my nails about a 1/8" to 1/4" past my finger tips, right now they're about 3/16"; I have gel nails and I've grown my own out without extensions; getting used to their length as they grow. Now when they get about 1/4" I find that I have a lot of difficulty manipulating items with my fingers.

Now my question, if you had extensions put on, how strange is it using your fingers? I actually find it more difficult to pick up small items and use them. For example, it takes more concentration on my part when putting on stud earring backs and when it comes to necklace clasps - I'm really fumble fingered. What used to be easy, is much more difficult for me. Your extensions look longer than my nails and I'm wondering what differences you're noticing?

Jenna

Angie G
05-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Nice nails hun wish I could do that but that ain't hsppening :hugs:
Angie

uknowhoo
05-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Hiya Jenni, and thanx for posting. Btw, you're always welcome here, even if it's been a long while. :hugs:

It does seem as though alot has happened. I am happy for you that you've figured a few things out. At the same time though, I'm insanely jealous of how fab your nails look! :p Seriously, ans you seem to have very nice femme hands too.

jenni_xx
05-13-2007, 10:28 AM
hi jenna. it feels quite strange at first, but as my nail tech told me, after a while it feels just as weird doing things without long nails. My problem is that I'm scared that if I use them to do things, then they will "pop off", but as yet that hasn't happened. Its just about getting to the stage whereby you realise that they are stronger than you think, and putting your hands for example, in your pockets to dig out loose change, or typing really isn't any problem. I type with my hands flat over the keyboard, and use the pad of my fingers to type rather than the nail itself.

Basically, it comes down to the lack of feeling when you grab something. If you grab it with your fingers, you can feel you've got it. If you grab it with your nail, you can't. So the tendancy is to over-reach, which is the thing that makes it difficult (for example when picking things up, or putting on earrings etc). Its just a matter of getting used to them really. My preference is now definitely gearing towards longer nails. I just love em :)

xx

jenni_xx
05-13-2007, 10:29 AM
awww, thanks tammi xx

I've always had longer fingers, and of course the nails make them look even longer. When I was a kid, I learned to play the piano, and was told that I had perfect fingers for it :)

Eva Diva
05-13-2007, 10:32 AM
My T-girl psychic powers predict that this thread is about to be moved to another board. :D

Sorry to hear about the GF.

jenni_xx
05-13-2007, 10:58 AM
My T-girl psychic powers predict that this thread is about to be moved to another board. :D

Sorry to hear about the GF.

Thanks, but like I say, it was for the best. For her and for me. I hope this thread isn't moved, for at its heart, it is actually about me re-introducing myself to this wonderful community.

tc
jenni
xx

Kerry Owens
05-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Jenna have you tried the magnetic clasps on necklaces??

Jenna1561
05-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Kerry,

No, I haven't tried magnetic clasps. Are they something that you can add to existing jewelry? I'm going to do an internet search right now. Thanks for the tip. :happy:

Jenna

DanaJ
05-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Kerry, I was going to suggest that, I think they are awesome, plus they can be added to any existing chains or jewelry.

Jenni, great nails - love the French look! I had gels for about two years, I loved them! I went to fiberglass and now acrylic, as they hold up better with my job. You do realize that the only way to remove gels are to file them off? You cannot soak off gels in acetone.....

Ypu may find that they will not pop off, but gels are relatively weak and will "shatter" if you strike them against something. My main problem was reaching for doorknobs and light switches, that is when I broke my gels most times.

jenni_xx
05-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, thats what my nail technician told me dana. looks like I'm stuck with em for a few months then :D

She said she would re-fill them and repair them as and when was necessary

xx

DanaJ
05-13-2007, 07:09 PM
That means every 2 weeks, 3 weeks tops ;)

Di
05-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Sorry bout the g/f....but you said "it was for the best"....so thats good :happy: and love the nails:D

Katrina
05-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Those nails look fantastic!!!! I'm sorry about the GF too, but glad you found yourself.