PDA

View Full Version : shopping and birdwatching

shannonsilk
05-13-2007, 02:47 PM
i work occasionally, but not full time. friday i called the owner at 8:30 and he said he didn't need me. around 10 i realized it could be an en femme day. :happy:
eventually i get ready and head to K-mart. wondered all around and bought a wallet. then off to dollar tree and bought a few things. now it's one o'clockk and i thought that i should go birdwatching at a local nature center. picked up 12 species of warbler including blackburnian, blackpoll and blue and golden winged. also blue headed and phila vireo. pretty good.
as i'm leaving a familiar voice asks " is that an oriole or a tanager?" i look over and it sure could be helen. i don't want to have a conversation with someone who knows me so i shrug my shoulders and keep going. she was far enough away to not be able to see me well.
then off to the grocery and goodwill.
finally i went to the library to check the forum and as i'm leaving i see someone else i know, but she was engrossed in her own thing. i didn't get home until 5.
this was the first time i was out where i didn't spend time looking to see if people were making me. apologies to the skirt weareres but it was jeans and a satin blouse.:thumbsup:

trannie T
05-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Sounds like you had a good day, but we really want to know; what kind of bird was it?

sandra-leigh
05-13-2007, 02:53 PM
as i'm leaving a familiar voice asks " is that an oriole or a tanager?" i look over and it sure could be helen. i don't want to have a conversation with someone who knows me so i shrug my shoulders and keep going. she was far enough away to not be able to see me well.

Is Helen a random person you know, or someone you know well? I checked your previous postings but it wasn't a name you have mentioned before, so I gather Helen is not your wife.

Eva Diva
05-13-2007, 03:26 PM
That's a nice day birding!

Deanna2
05-13-2007, 04:40 PM
In places like the UK birdwatching is something males do at the mall.