PDA

View Full Version : Half way....?

Emma_Forbes
05-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi All,

A long time ago I posted a question about whether I should dress in front of my children (now 13, 16 and 19 still all boys :heehee: ) and I received a lot of advice. I followed it and didn't dress in front of them - and I'm happy with the decision I made. It's not easy at times but that's life. They are still very accepting and Emma crops up in conversation quite a lot, often mentioned by them.

Now I have an ancillary question. I am now getting to the point where Emma is very much in evidence in my home e.g., femme things in the bathroom, piles of mixed gender ironing, makeup on my dressing table in my bedroom. Do you think this is ok? I warn them about my bedroom and that Emma is very much in evidence and it is then their choice whether they are going to go in there. It doesn't bother them - they neither rush to get in the door or shy away.

Although I don't dress in front of them per se, I do tend to wear androgynous clothing, mainly because that's all I have. For example, my jog trousers are femme ones, but they don't particularly look it and they are the only ones I have. Is that alright? I would not wear something outwardly femme like a skirt and even refrain from underdressing while they are here. I do wear a nightie at bedtime but that is in the privacy of my bedroom (and I usually tone it down a bit just in case I meet one of them on the way to/from the bathroom during the night - never happened yet.)

I would be glad of your opinions.

Thanks

Em

Alex!
05-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Emma,

I guess I don't really have advice here. As a crossdresser, this is a no-brainer, but only because for me it is something I do once in awhile and I only share this with people who do the same or my SO if the relationship gets serious.

Your question implies that Emma is a much bigger deal, and that you seem to have the urge to share her with others you care about because, well, you are not ashamed of Emma - in fact, you are probably proud of her (I feel this way about Andrea, actually). In any case, unless you plan on going full-time as Emma, I imagine shades in between occasional crossdressing and full time dressing (the realm of gender dysphoria) can be quite confusing for people.

celtic.blue.eyes
05-13-2007, 08:55 PM
It sounds like you are taking it slow and gentle, and its working well. If it's working well, why change it?