PDA

View Full Version : Where is this journey leading to

mackertim
02-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Is there any truth in saying that crossdressing is a continuum or do we simply find a part that is suitable for ourselves and then take what we will from that particular niche. Can for example a person who initially only delves into crossdressing as a sexual release with no desire to become a woman, find themselves taking further steps to complete the feminine experience. I am 24 and only started having the desire to dress about a year ago and I only began over the last week or so. But in the two times I have dressed I have worn a black latex mini and knee high boots and would like to complete the picture by wearing a wig and make up. Is the urge to complete the image a little too much considering how long I have been dressing. How long should a person take to realise a fully feminised image of themselves should it not be more gradual and not such an instantaneous desire.

Maddie Knight
02-26-2005, 04:15 PM
This journey leeds down many different paths.
I have been dressing for as long as I can remember but have no desire to have any surgury. As for wigs and things, as you get older and your hair goes you may fell it necessary to buy a wig. Like wise with makeup, when I was younger I needed very little but now it take a lot more.
What i'm trying to say is, make your own choices and do what you feel is right. Don't worry too much about making mistakes, we all make them.

Priscilla1018
02-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Is there any truth in saying that crossdressing is a continuum or do we simply find a part that is suitable for ourselves and then take what we will from that particular niche. Can for example a person who initially only delves into crossdressing as a sexual release with no desire to become a woman, find themselves taking further steps to complete the feminine experience. I am 24 and only started having the desire to dress about a year ago and I only began over the last week or so. But in the two times I have dressed I have worn a black latex mini and knee high boots and would like to complete the picture by wearing a wig and make up. Is the urge to complete the image a little too much considering how long I have been dressing. How long should a person take to realise a fully feminised image of themselves should it not be more gradual and not such an instantaneous desire.

There really is no certain length of time involved.If it feels right to you,do it. My best guess is that these feelings have been dormant in you and you have found new freedom to explore them

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Nyx
02-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Its normal that you want to complete the image. From what you said my guess is that you are most likely a straight man that is attracted by the idea of being a woman... Whether or not its just for sexual fantasies... Feeling like a man in women's clothes is not close enough to that objective, so it becomes natural to want more realism, through a more complete image of the woman you would like to be.

Julie York
02-26-2005, 06:25 PM
It's easy to make hasty assumptions about what you think you should be doing or not doing. There are many shades of the same rainbow and some people want different things. Some want more, some find a particular niche.

I think it is unusual to suddenly want to dress so I presume if you look back there will be several incidents that you never really understood for what they were at the time.

The main thing I have learned is that there is a lot of pleasure to be had from a simple thing that is only a problem because society doesn't handle it and we are taught it is wrong. So you feel guilty and uncomfortable as a consequence.

So you have fun, explore your ideas and limits and you'll soon know what is and isn't right for you. Don't presume you HAVE to do or experience or feel any particular thing.

Good luck.

Melissa A.
02-26-2005, 06:41 PM
I have been dressing for decades and have almost always been an " all or nothing" crossdresser. But that's just me. I know many derive pleasure or relaxation from wearing girls underthings under their male clothes, or just wearing the clothes and no makeup or wig. You will find your niche. There is no timetable, or rules. Wanting to dress completely so quickly just means that is what you like. Doesn't mean it will lead to TS, and in most cases, it doesn't. If you were a transexual, you would have had an idea by now. Have fun, and do what makes you feel right.

Hugs

Melissa :)

confusionatitsbest
02-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Mellisa,

Look if you enjoy it and its not affecting antone else try it!!!!!!!!!Whats to loose, only you might find something to enjoy.. Take it easy one step at a time.
I must admit I tend to side with Priscilla and Maddie on this. As is said "The world is your oyster" Enjoy ;)

Bestwishes and good experiences,

Chrissy xxxx

Marlene4a
02-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Depending on your individual ideals, crossdressing limits can be set only by you.
I know that crossdressing is compulsory, however, the mind can set limits pertaining to the activitiy level.

Wendy me
02-26-2005, 11:04 PM
let me check the rule book ...............no no gidelines just do as you feel like play with it.....no not that silly........enjoy thats just it it can be just what you want it to be........

kirsti
02-26-2005, 11:31 PM
You are your own limitations,the urge of each step is based upon your individual needs,in private you live in fear,and in the open you live in fear.
Steps can occure at any point,you may have the urge to go a step further,and feel an absolute urge and compulsion to oblige that necessity,you will more than likely at some point want to surpress the urges,but it's more than likely you will fail,the needs become much stronger than the will,because the will is in conflict and atempts to be distinguishable all the while they co-exist.

Tristen Cox
02-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Can for example a person who initially only delves into crossdressing as a sexual release with no desire to become a woman, find themselves taking further steps to complete the feminine experience.

Simple answer, yes ;)

Is the urge to complete the image a little too much considering how long I have been dressing. How long should a person take to realise a fully feminised image of themselves

No. The urge may come on sudden just like anything else that you find that you like and was right under your nose. How long does it take to realise this image? Could take a week, a month, five years. Everyone is different. That depends on a great many factors of your life and what is going on in your mind.

Love
Tristen

sherri
02-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Crossdressing does seem to have a built-in tendency to escalate, but the pace varies greatly. Some people never step foot past their front door, others take it full-time. It's just like most other things in life — exercise some judgement and balance and it can be a good thing; let it get out of control and it can create serious problems.

Fallen Angel
02-27-2005, 01:15 PM
how far do you want to go, and how deep do you want to explore or be in contact with you feminin side. for some just a pair of shoes on, or the feel of silk makes them content. for others like my self unless im fully dressed im not fulfilled youl find you happy medium just follow your own path wendy said it best here there isnt a rule book

Holly
02-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Is there any truth in saying that crossdressing is a continuum or do we simply find a part that is suitable for ourselves and then take what we will from that particular niche. Can for example a person who initially only delves into crossdressing as a sexual release with no desire to become a woman, find themselves taking further steps to complete the feminine experience. I am 24 and only started having the desire to dress about a year ago and I only began over the last week or so. But in the two times I have dressed I have worn a black latex mini and knee high boots and would like to complete the picture by wearing a wig and make up. Is the urge to complete the image a little too much considering how long I have been dressing. How long should a person take to realise a fully feminised image of themselves should it not be more gradual and not such an instantaneous desire.Hon, we've all wrestled with this one at one time or another. For you, I think there is a clue right underneath your login name on your post... TV Wannabe. I think you, at least sunconsciously, have already determned your course... at least for this part of the journey. Only you will be able to deterine where you will untimately wind up. As they say, getting there is half the fun!

ChristineRenee
02-27-2005, 02:52 PM
There is no timetable and there are no rules. It is all up to the individual...how they feel about it...what else is going on in their lives, etc. Enjoy the ride...you will find your niche and comfort zone with it over time.

Love,
Chrissie:)

Sweet Susan
02-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Go where your inclinations take you.

TrueGemini
02-27-2005, 08:45 PM
We are all on a journey to who knows where, but so far it's been a fun trip. As I make my own progress in "baby steps" as Pattie calls it, each time a little further than the last, I too wonder where it will lead. We already have Halloween penciled in as my first public appearence, but will I be ready? I don't know.

I do know that I have progressed from small touches here and there to painting nails, makeup, and trying just about every item in Pattie's wardrobe that will fit. That is fun, as she cringes with every stitch she hears straining. "Take it off, take it off" she cries as she imagines my shoulders busting through the top of her little black dress. Our next step for me is to do some actual shopping for clothes that will fit me right, as the few that she has have gotten kinda old- can't have too many clothes, right? Oh, and I don't know about anyone else, but does anyone else have the problem I do shredding those beautiful panty hose? Seems like they only last one time, and they are full of runs. Pattie says I need to put them on more gently.

So I do think, as many have already posted, that our journey will progress as we gain comfort and confidence, and how far that goes really is up to each individual. Keep us posted as to your own journey, and have fun! I know I will.

True Gemini

MistyCD
02-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Where is this journey leading to .....

If you find out, please let me and the others know!!!

Georgette
02-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Get on board or braod wich ever and enjoy the ride take it as far as you are willing and don't feel bashful you are your on judge on this nobody else can tell you how far to go or where ro go. JUST DOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'

Helana
02-28-2005, 01:18 AM
As Tristen says, the simple answer is yes. The reason why is that we humans are never satisfied with what we have got, we are always looking towards the horizon for new experiences and testing our limits. For this reason alone CDers will evolve along a well trodden path that so many others have traveled.

Now mix in the fact that crossdressing hits an emotional and sometimes sexual nerve and is addictive as hell, and you have a dangerous thing on your hands.

Now all this depends on how far you are comfortable with your feminine self and also on your personal predicament with regards to wife, kids, work, neighbourhood etc.

However most CDers will eventually complete a full female image and will take steps to go out in public. If you feel that CDing is a central part of your personality and lifestyle then you may then progress onto a transgendered evolutionary ladder when things really start to get interesting! And a few will take the final leap into transsexuality.

The important thing is to do what feels correct for you, don't listen to what others tell you should do, especially those hostile to the transgenedered community. However, you must also remain practical and take into account requests from SOs.