PDA

View Full Version : Breast Form Sizes

Roxi Loh
05-13-2007, 09:54 PM
I am in the process of buying breast forms. I have no idea what the sizes mean. If I buy on the internet I need to know the size. I normally wear a 38 C. Anyone out there that can help?

Karren H
05-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Were the same size, girlfriend... I bought a No 6 from the Silicone Works on ebay... They have a size chart (think a 6 can be worn as a 36D, 38C, 40B....) and Paris the owner is a sweetheart.....

Love Karren

sandra-leigh
05-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I am in the process of buying breast forms. I have no idea what the sizes mean. If I buy on the internet I need to know the size. I normally wear a 38 C. Anyone out there that can help?

38C is about a size 6 form in the sizing that most places use. By size 7 you are at D.

I've seen other sizings, though, and I've seen some crazy sizing recommendations. For example one I was looking at yesterday said that a size 11 was about a C cup on an average person; when you looked closer, that "average" was for 48C, corresponding to 38DDDD. I have some size 10 forms, and I had to go for 40G for them (38G might have worked.)

I can't promise that a size 6 is exactly 38C; I seem to have lost my size 6 forms. I would say that a size 6 form would fit most 38C bras -- but possibly if you were trying for full-coverage (absolutely nothing of the form visible) that a 38C would leave a sliver of a size 6 form exposed. If you are going for something that doesn't have to completely cover the form, then 38C would be fine for a size 6 form. Completely full coverage in a size 38 band with a size 6 or size 7 form gets expensive, as they are not easy to find; bras with lace trimmings on the upper part of the cup are much more common.

Roxi Loh
05-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Were the same size, girlfriend... I bought a No 6 from the Silicone Works on ebay... They have a size chart (think a 6 can be worn as a 36D, 38C, 40B....) and Paris the owner is a sweetheart.....

Love Karren

Thanks Karen...I can always count on you.

Karren H
05-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks Karen...I can always count on you.

Your more than welcome!! :)

Love Karren

Roxi Loh
05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
38C is about a size 6 form in the sizing that most places use. By size 7 you are at D.

I've seen other sizings, though, and I've seen some crazy sizing recommendations. For example one I was looking at yesterday said that a size 11 was about a C cup on an average person; when you looked closer, that "average" was for 48C, corresponding to 38DDDD. I have some size 10 forms, and I had to go for 40G for them (38G might have worked.)

I can't promise that a size 6 is exactly 38C; I seem to have lost my size 6 forms. I would say that a size 6 form would fit most 38C bras -- but possibly if you were trying for full-coverage (absolutely nothing of the form visible) that a 38C would leave a sliver of a size 6 form exposed. If you are going for something that doesn't have to completely cover the form, then 38C would be fine for a size 6 form. Completely full coverage in a size 38 band with a size 6 or size 7 form gets expensive, as they are not easy to find; bras with lace trimmings on the upper part of the cup are much more common.

Thanks Tess...I knew you girls would know.

sandy_folsom
05-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Not meaning to threadjack, but how do you measure your size to start with? Do you just run a tape measure around your chest and that's your measurement?

sandra-leigh
05-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Not meaning to threadjack, but how do you measure your size to start with? Do you just run a tape measure around your chest and that's your measurement?

There are completing rules for this. The one I see most often for band size is:

Measure the circumference of your chest right underneath your breasts. Take that number of inches, and add 5 if the number is odd, or add 4 if the number is even (so the result is always even.) The resulting number is your band size.

However, that rule simply doesn't work for me. My measured circumference is 37 inches, but a size 42 would be way too big for me; size 38 is the band size that fits me. (For some things, I have to drop down to a 36 and use a bra extender -- that's because the shape of the cup changes as you change band sizes.)