PDA

View Full Version : tell me your secrets for looking so good

Shining Star
02-26-2005, 04:47 PM
hi just want to know your secrets for looking so good as i still need a lot of help to pass as a girl. and i was hoping tha i could get some pointers fom other girls here

Julie York
02-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Stand a long way from the camera and don't ever go out . That's the method I use.

Other than that I can't help you.

Oh and squinting in the mirror helps.

Julie
02-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Concealer/foundation - Max Factor Pan-Stik. After dabbing on your skin, smooth out with a makeup sponge.
Deep set eyes - Max Factor Erace. Dab it under the eye and inside the socket nearest your nose. Then smooth out with your pinky finger.
Longer lashes - use a foundation/mascara combo. Maybelline and Loreal both make combos.
Use an eyebrow pencil to enhance your brows. Brows should start in line with your nose and inner eye and end in line with your nose and outer eye.
Start eyeshadow by covering your entire upper lid with the lightest color of a set. It provides a better base for the darker color you will use on your eyelid.
When using blush remember to add a dash to your nose. Also lightly brush around your hairline.
Find a wig that compliments your face. Look at Tristen's links for a website that shows you the different types of faces and what hair is best.
When applying lipstick, go outside your natural lip if you have thin lips. As you get closer to the outer lip work closer to your natural lip line. Enhance your upper lip by slightly exaggerating the "V" under your nose.
Experiement, experiment, experiment. Practice makes perfect.

Melissa A.
02-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi Shining Star,

Follow Julie M's advice, experiment and learn. You'll be fine. and look fine, too.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Holly
02-26-2005, 07:25 PM
First, and foremost, have confidence and believe in yourself! As Julie said, the rest will come with practice.

Richelle
02-26-2005, 10:21 PM
As Julie M said, Practice makes perfect. Just keep experimenting. Also go out and have fun. I learned a lot by going to the department stores cosmetic counters early on Sunday. Very few people in the sotre and the clerks never had a problem with be as a CD. They never said anything, but they knew. Just be polite.

Richelle

Shining Star
02-27-2005, 01:01 AM
thanks girls. cant imagine not being here with all your kind replies thank you once again to all of you'se

sunita_rao
02-27-2005, 01:57 AM
i work out aerobically and am a vegetarian.

Fallen Angel
02-27-2005, 02:53 AM
julie righ just practice it will come together ive been doing this for ten years and still learning xxx

Shining Star
02-27-2005, 05:32 AM
hi fallen_angel1

i to have been dressing for ten years but in those ten years my mind wants wants to be stay 50%/50% i just want to look like i can pass and with all your help i got a chance

June
02-27-2005, 05:58 AM
I use the old trick of smearing vaseline on the camera lense. It worked for Katherine Hepburn so I figure it'd work for me ! :)

Wendy me
02-27-2005, 06:57 AM
boady work.............

1. a little filler

2. feather it out ...............blend in

3. base coat.............

4. a some color............

5. clear coat................

6. wrap up any thing loose...........

7. good under coating...........(shape weare)

8. nice treads...............(heels)

9. bra

10. nouthing like a good waxeing..........

sherri
02-27-2005, 01:06 PM
You were talking to me, right? Well, the secret to my beauty is to ... what, what did you say? You were talking to Tiffany Tuesday? Oh ... oh my gosh ... well, this is embarassing ... so sorry ... um, I'll just, um, go sit over there ... oh my, can you believe the time? I must go, it's time for my ugly pill ...

:p

Linda Mattson
02-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Three words: blend, blend, blend

confusionatitsbest
02-27-2005, 01:24 PM
You were talking to me, right? Well, the secret to my beauty is to ... what, what did you say? You were talking to Tiffany Tuesday? Oh ... oh my gosh ... well, this is embarassing ... so sorry ... um, I'll just, um, go sit over there ... oh my, can you believe the time? I must go, it's time for my ugly pill ...

:p
Hi girls,

Just a passing thought, If I had the chance to have a 1 to 1 chat with someone I feel you would be the person at the moment I,d pick!! Sherri, your stories are good and what a fantastic sense of humour, keep it up girl, you never fail to put a smile on my face!! :D

Thanks and Best wishes

Chrissy xx

Ps Loved the adventure of the car park lot when the police pulled you. :D

sherri
02-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi girls,

Just a passing thought, If I had the chance to have a 1 to 1 chat with someone I feel you would be the person at the moment I,d pick!! Sherri, your stories are good and what a fantastic sense of humour, keep it up girl, you never fail to put a smile on my face!! :D

Thanks and Best wishes

Chrissy xx

Ps Loved the adventure of the car park lot when the police pulled you. :D
Aren't you sweet! Thank you so much!

And yes, aren't those adventures fun — when they happen to someone else! :p

xoxo

windycissy
02-27-2005, 02:27 PM
The other girls have covered makeup, so let me chime in on a few other aspects:

If you're thick around the torso, wear black, it's a slimming color.

If your legs are manly, wear a dress or skirt with a hemline that hits your legs where your calves start to taper down.

If you have a pronounced Adam's apple, wear a turtleneck.

If you're over 5'10" tall, wear flats.

Accessorize! The more activity you can create with scarves, jewelry, etc the more you will reinforce the illusion.

And your best camouflage: SMILE!

Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Richelle
02-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Windy is so correct. Smile, smile and smile some more.

If you have a positive outlook your overall appearance improves.

Richelle

Sweet Susan
02-27-2005, 05:29 PM
While virtually everything has been covered, I'd just like to add one thing. Attention to detail.

Samantha Jane
02-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi girls,

I would love to experiment more with make-up, but I seem to have awful trouble removing it. Especially eye liner and mascara.

Any tips please?

Charlotte xx

Holly
02-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Turpentine and 40 grit sandpaper works for me. Seroiusly, I've had success with cold creme for general makeup removal and Vaseline for hard to remove makeup, especially around the eyes.

confusionatitsbest
02-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Hi girls,

Be nice for once just to get it right let alone worrying about taking it of!! :D

Chrissy xxx

Julie
02-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi girls,

I would love to experiment more with make-up, but I seem to have awful trouble removing it. Especially eye liner and mascara.

Any tips please?

Charlotte xx
Revlon has a makeup remover that will take care of any stubborn makeup. But stay away from waterproof mascara if you don't want to have to resort to the 40 grit sandpaper routine :rolleyes:

Tristen Cox
02-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Revlon has a makeup remover that will take care of any stubborn makeup. But stay away from waterproof mascara if you don't want to have to resort to the 40 grit sandpaper routine :rolleyes:
yeeeeoooooootttttccccccccccccchhhhh!!! Think I'll take your advice on that one Julie :o

stefanie
02-28-2005, 02:22 AM
other girls once told me it is also more about confidence and attitude than just looking great. Standing upright, no slouching, eyes looking out and not down, etc. I have to admit...still a tough one for me.

Jen_TGCD
02-28-2005, 02:41 AM
The number one beauty secret, that most of us forget... or can't afford... :(

Rhinoplasty!!!

Claire B
02-28-2005, 09:05 AM
As for make up removal, there are pre wet clothes avaible, and baby oil does the trick also, Hugs, Claire

Tiffany Tuesday
02-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi babe,

the advice above is excellent! It always helps us be accepted as girls, if we make every effort to appear tastefully female.

If I had to pick just one thing, i'd agree with Holly and Stephanie and others above .. nothing matters more than being confident!

Every girl here is a beautiful woman inside, but it can take time for us each to find the confidence to let our fabulous femininity shine through!

There are many ugly women who are beautiful and many beautiful women who are ugly. Beauty is a gift from inside we give to others, our appearance but the pretty wrapping paper!

Only once we accept and are at peace with who we are and the beauty of our femininity, can we hope to show it properly and convince others!

Honey, you are beautiful already, all you need is the confidence that no matter your wrappings, you bear the gorgeous gift of femininity!

.. oh and lip gloss .. gosh does it look so mega for a night out!!!!!

with love x

Samantha Jane
02-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi girls,

Many thanks for your replies.

Julie M, good point about waterproof mascara. I did wonder about removing it, when I saw it in boots Chemist.......

I have always just used baby lotion and cotton wool in the past. And no matter how much I cleaned them, I still seemed to be left with two black eyes. :) :)

I been CDing for sometime now, yet there is always plenty of new things to learn.

Thanks

Charlotte xx

mariatvuk
02-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Charlotte Anne - as you're in England you ought to try the Boots eye make up remover pads. Theyre pre-impregnated and come in little tubs of 40 for only £1.35. I usually use about 3, then finish off with a facial wipe and flannel & water.

Leslie(TV)
02-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Genetics have alot to do with it too. When I was a boy, I was often mistaken for a girl even up to the age of 18 when I was twice referred to as 'ma'am'.

To be passable, don't over-do and scope out what GGs your age look like, wear, etc. pick a style and go with that.

Shining Star
03-01-2005, 02:21 AM
thanks again for all your help and apresheation