PDA

View Full Version : Dieting Help

Stacy3595
02-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Can anyone tell me what a good diet would be to attain a sleek sexy Femine figure is ?

Thx in advance - Stacy. :)

Georgette
02-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Count your calories and get on a stringet exercise program, diet alone won't help you to lose more than a few pounds, you gotta sweat that fat off there is no other way. I am doing just that each and every day, and I am on 1000 calories a day, it does work I have lost 40 pounds since august, but not without the exercise. ;)

Linda-x
02-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Well, I follow the "Zone diet", which isn't a diet as much as just eating the right food, in the right proportion. It works from a 40-30-30 formula, 40% carb.(the right kind, like veggies), 30% fat, and 30% protein. The problem is I always cheated. At night I would get bored, and eat the wrong stuff. Well, this year I'm a little more serious. I cut out the chips, ice cream, fast food, pastry. I have lost '15 lbs.' in just over 6 weeks. This is without exercise, which is next on the list. It is so exciting, that I keep seeing if I just loose a couple more, that I am really trying hard not to slip. I still use butter, and mayo, and olive oil, ect. Even a piece of dark chocolate, after dinner. Just cut way back, or eliminate bread, pasta, and rice. Also the bad stuff !! You know what it is !! Now I need to tone ! 45 minute brisk walk, plus crunches.

Priscilla1018
02-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi Stacy,

If you want to loose weight limit the amount of calories that you eat and exercise. There is no other way that works.. You really have to sweat the pounnds off. I work out two to three hours each day and I am still large; I am healing from shoulder surgury. To burn more calories do a lot of cardio exercises. Stair steppers. Tread mill, bike, run or swim.
Join a health club and make it a habit to go there. Make friends with others at the club, it makes it easier to form the habit of exercise. Also realize that you are going to be doing it for the rest of your life. But, your life will be better because you exercise.
There are no quick fixes, you put the weight on slowly and you have to work at it to loose. I wish you good luck in loosing a few pounds. I am working on the same thing.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

wilma
02-26-2005, 11:01 PM
a nice lenghty divorce cost me about 25 pounds, but I dont recommend it to any one who is not ready to stick to the died to its completion. HeHe. LOL Wilma

Fallen Angel
02-27-2005, 01:23 PM
i lost a lot of wieght just by leaving soda and snackies alone i droped from a size 12 to a ten and my tummy is flater, small helpins help as well no pasta and very little bread and you have to exersize as well hope this helps you a little

ToniB
02-27-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm an exerciser myself. I've run between 5 and 10 miles each week for the last 25 years, and it keeps my weight steady around 12 stone, but each time I have a holiday, I gain a little bit, and it's very difficult to remove

For a quick fix, try a real waist reducing corset!

ToniB