PDA

View Full Version : In Reponse To Diane P ~

Joyciecd
05-15-2007, 07:44 PM
This is what transpired when I was in the beauty shoppe getting ready for the Transpitt Garden Party Saturday, May 5: My hairdresser knew what the appointment was for, at @ 2:00PM on that Saturday. I showed up in a black sequined evening skirt, soft long sleeved pink V neck top, dangly earrings, pink strappy sandals (hard tile floor at the party), rings, and pink beaded necklace. When I was seated in the chair for the hair wash, I heard a GG who was having her hair dyed ask my hairdresser about me, something to the effect that I appeared to be rather masculine in facial features. This was a whispered comment, but I heard it. When I got into the chair to have my hair done, I said to the woman that I was a CDer and had a gala party later in the afternoon. She asked questions like, how does it feel to be dressed like that, do I feel feminine, how often do I dress up, do I have femine undies on (obviously I had a bra and falsies on), but she asked. Her questions were asked in a respectful manner, and we continued to chat while my hair was bein done, straight bangs to the eyebrows, and naturally wavy on the sides and back past my shoulders. The three of us discussed perhaps having the hair flat ironed, but I didn't want to try that for such an important event. Throughout the hair stuff, our conversation was very cordial, the GG obviously having never had such a discussion before, and she was very receptive to my answers.

When the hair was finished, another youger operator applied my make-up for me. She did a magnificent job, from eyebrows, mascara, foundation, eye shadow, blush, powder, etc. The GG, who was still dealing with the hair dyeing, expressed an honest admiration that the transformation turned out so well. When I gave my age to her, she scoffed, stating that I looked like a woman 10,15 years youger than my real age!

When all was finished,I did a twirl around with outstretched arms for the shop. The skirt swung out a little - it is ankle length - and I beamed to the chorus of compliments from the GG's.

The Garden Party was a wonderful success, with most of the girls in evening attire. After the party I changed into my shortest black mini and went to a favorite CD friendly bar, where I downed 2 Coronas in honor of Cinco de Mayo! All in all, it was a really, really tremendous afternoon and evening.

Lori SC
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the story Joycie. I loved it. So do you have some pictures to share? I want to see a pic of this fab outfit!

It' great that you were able to share a little about CDing with the GG. Change comes about one person at a time.

Hugs, Lori

Karren H
05-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Dang.... I missed it.... well can't get out dressed on Saturday anyway.... Why don't they have it during a weekday, in the morning.... when i can get off easier???

Love Karren

Wenda
05-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Cinco de Mayo! One of my favourite memories of Mexico is spending that holiday in Puebla, a little over an hour southeast of DF. Birthplace of every North American VW, with a downtown of block after block of 16th century buildings faced with hand-painted Taleverra tiles. Exceptional cultural holiday. Can't believe I missed it on the calendar this year!
I did a little cheerleader thing last year, which I described in ancient posts on this site, and had similar positive reactions. Thank you for sharing. w.

cd_lisaplaything
05-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Sounds like you had a ball! Good for you Joycie, and thanks for sharing it with us.

RachelDenise
05-16-2007, 04:54 AM
Joycie, CD Ambassador! What's your next assignment?