PDA

View Full Version : dark room crossdresser

helenr
05-15-2007, 10:30 PM
I hope this 'short story' has a place in this section. I thought of offering it as we all hear stories of unhappy wives divorcing their femme husbands,etc. I read this perhaps ten years ago in Dear Abby and it has stuck in my mind for the poignant reaction of the unsuspecting wife.
Four ladies were playing bridge, making small talk, one brought up an interesting story involving a crossdresser. maybe an article in the local paper. All made some sort of comment to be sure. One lady, I will call her "Mary" listened and reflected quietly. She had recently become a widow and learned to her complete surprise that her husband had been crossdressing in private for years. He had a photography studio in his home and it was 'the rule' not to disturb him while working in the dark room,etc. After his death his wife was trying to sort out the lab and what to do with stuff, she discovered a number of photographs of her late husband in very pretty female attire! She also found his wardrobe of pretty things. In an interesting move, she transferred these beloved garments into her closet as a way of staying close to her husband who had successfully kept 'his secret' to death. She commented, in her reflection, that she wished she had known this side of him, that she would have liked to share in his enjoyment of dressing up,etc.
I think of this story when I read of wife beligerence over their fruitball husbands, and wonder how many might feel like this lady when death finally ends our time on earth. best, helen

sudcd
05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
what a neet story. I could only wish my wife would be so understanding but I don't have the balls to tell her

bothofme
05-15-2007, 11:32 PM
thanx helen, i really needed that nice story~~~

AllieSF
05-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Thanks Helen for the wonderful story. If only they could re-run that one on regular basis.

Wenda
05-16-2007, 12:56 AM
That is a nice story, and I think could be true for more CDs than we realize. w.

faltenrock
05-16-2007, 03:09 AM
Interesting story. As a photographer, I hide my clothes in a large camera/lighting case, I think my wife knows, that I#ve hidden it in there.

The story reminds me of an experience a few years ago.
I had coffee in s tiny cafe. There were only women. I was fully dressed with stockings, a mini skirt and blazer.

Two ladies were sitting next to my table and started a conversation about a theatre play about transvestites. I could hear every word, I'm sure they didn't talk about the issue just because of me. I had a feeling, they didn't read me.

Doreen

Angie G
05-16-2007, 04:38 AM
The way my wife is with my dressing I know she would :hugs:
Angie

RachelDenise
05-16-2007, 04:42 AM
The woman truly loved her husband and accepted him unconditionally. How lovely. I wish it were that way for everyone.......

Suzie S.
05-16-2007, 04:52 AM
That was a nice story Helen. I usually read Dear Abby, how did I miss that one?! What a shame the husband had to take that secret to his grave.:sad:

pyrextv
05-16-2007, 06:00 AM
HA!

I did the same thing, just was (and am) not married. Built a darkroom in the house I shared with 5 other folk some years ago. I would spend hours developing & printing en femme behind the forbidden door. Just bought the equipment for an (even better) B & W darkroom, may have to do the same thing again, only after telling my new GG G/F!

SherriePall
05-16-2007, 07:00 AM
I remember when that was in the newspapers. If only everyone's wife could be that way -- while we are alive!

erickka
05-16-2007, 07:08 AM
True love from the heart. I have a wonderful wife who forbids me to even posess any female stuff, let alone wear it, but when I go , she will look back and wonder why she just didn't accept it. She will only let go when it is too late. Seen it when most of our older relatives passed 6-8 years ago. Married 25 years, and still love her with all my heart, though.

helenr
05-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I appreciate the nice comments. I agree with all of you. I find such irony that wives tend to be most accepting of all sorts of physical and mental infirmities-sickness, accidents, getting a bit forgetful,etc, BUT there seems no tolerance for another female cat in the household. I am sure that there are probably 3-4 times as many crossdressers out there-carefully in the closet, maybe even maintaining an apartment for dress up,etc who dress at the risk of losing their marriage. In the big picture of life as we see with so many perils, tragedies, it does seem so absurb to make a big deal about a crossdressing husband, who wants to be open, honest, and discreet. But that is life, I guess. helen

Ruth
05-17-2007, 02:15 AM
I don't see myself as approaching death, but it was partly the thought that I might go to my grave without telling my wife that made me open up to her. As we've said here many times, CDing isn't going to go away, so we have to look at the long term. And my wife has been fine about it.

Dixie
05-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Since I hurt my back and have been a stay at home dad, I have been doing the cooking and cleaning around the house. When we go out and talk of wives cooking meals my wife always says "My wife is a wonderful cook!" it is quite flattering to me. I guess what I mean is that my wife is so accepting of my dressing that it isn't unuasul for her to suggest that I get Dressed for the evening. She also thinks of me as her wife at times.