PDA

View Full Version : Public Restrooms

CharlotteSomers
06-02-2004, 04:36 PM
So let me ask a question for all the girls out here. When you are out and about and absolutley need to use the restroom, say at a department store, mall, etc.. do you usually go into the Ladies room or the Gents room. I've never had to choose yet and don't really know what I would do. My gut tells me to use the Ladies room.
I did use the Ladies on purpose once when I was a teenager and felt like I could really pass without any problems. I saw a woman and a young girl in there who just smiled and didnt say anything, but I don't know what I would do right now.

Cher
06-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Dear Charlotte
If I'm out 'en femme', I try to pick shops with unisex restrooms...or I just make sure I'm 'empty' before I leave...take care - Rick

CDKathy
06-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Here's a blurb I pulled from another site:

When crossdressers use the facility which is appropriate for their expressed gender [the Ladies room], they are simply going through the door which presents the least risk. Men are far more phobic and prone to violence toward crossdressers than are women, so it's very much a safety issue for the crossdresser.

Danielle1960
06-02-2004, 05:27 PM
In some states it is against the law to use a womens room even if dressed. I was chatting with a local group in PA, who said you could use one but be carful not to be obvious. She also said in Md. it was ok.

Safety first!! I'm not going into the men's room dressed. We have all seen what is written on the walls. :eek:

Danielle :cool:

Dana_cd
06-02-2004, 07:44 PM
In Mineesota, now you use the rest room which you are expressing at the time,
( I don't think expressing is the right word I'm looking for) exhibiting?

Jenny
06-03-2004, 07:59 AM
I always try to either not be a position where I have to use the restroom or try to find a unisex one like in a service station. If really pushed, I have used the girl's restroom if I am dressed as a girl. If I am dressed in clothes that both sexes can wear like girl's jeans or shorts (and no breastforms or make-up) I use the guys' restroom. Either way i get in and out as quickly as I can. I think laws are different from state to state but I think it would be awfully embarassing to be "caught" in a ladies room and downright dangerous (at least here in Montana) to be "caught" in the boy's room no matter what the laws say.

Jenny

Cheri K
06-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Well......sorry to say.....Ive never been out dressed,so that anyone could see anyways. :o

CDKathy
06-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Though I have never been out in full female gear and so have not had to make that choice, I have heard other stories and read some things over the years.

One that comes to mind was a complaint from a GG that she would get a bit upset when someone would enter the stall next to hers and she would notice that the other person's toes were pointed in the wrong direction. :mad:

If you are going to use the Ladies, please just sit and tuck it down. Less chance of embarassment for you, and, perhaps, less anxiety for the GG next door. :o

Cheri K
06-03-2004, 09:12 AM
How is everyone today? Whatcha all up too?

Julie
06-03-2004, 09:29 AM
While dressed I have used both but on both occasions it was Halloween. The first time I was encouraged to use the ladies room by a woman I met at the bar that was having the Halloween party. She kept insisting so I finally did. I went in to do my business. Then I went to wash my hands right next to a GG and she didn't seem to notice. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed my hair needed some attention and my lipstick was a bit faint. So I then fixed up my hair and touched up my lipstick, took one last check in the mirror and when I was satisfied I left. For the rest of the night I used the ladies room and the only funny look I got was from a guy who was walking into the men's room as I was going into the ladies room. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_1_65.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

The other time my sister was having a party at a local establishment. My wife was sick that day but knew how much I wanted to dress for this so she said to just go. I really went all out for that, totally shaved, etc. While I was talking to my sister I asked her if she thought I should use the ladies room. She gave me this strange look that told me she didn't think it was at all cool. So I used the men's. Talk about strange looks! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10_1_17.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001) In that instance I got out of there ASAP! No question in my mind the ladies room is a lot friendlier place to be when dressed.

CharlotteSomers
06-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks for all your help. I actually did it just to get over that hump. I was dressed in some tight lowrider jeans (size 8) and a plain white top. Just normal stuff. I went into a Dillards (Department store kind of like Macys) and walked into the laides room. My God those are big and they actually don't smell bad! I was really liking seeing myself if the full lenth mirrors they had all over the place. Well, there was nobody in there at first so I went into the first empty stall, unbuttoned and sat down. While I was there, another lady walked in and entered the stall next to me. I quicky finished up and washed my hands. I even took out a brush and touched up my hair before leaving. She never saw me but it was still a big step for me. People did see me go in and out. I love the feeling I get when people just think I'm a GG and don't give me a second look.

Thanks for all your replies. I feel more comfortable doing that now.

jenny_k78
07-09-2004, 05:27 AM
I found an intersting thing. Here are letters to Dear Abby/ Ann Landers help columns about this.
http://www.interlog.com/sarah/themenace/Pages/Abby.htm

softandsmooth
07-09-2004, 05:34 AM
Hi all,

What a great link Jenny.

For those of you putting together a "case" for loved ones, selected bits from that link might prove helpful!

Charlotte

windycissy
07-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Yes, I'll use the Ladies when I'm out and about and nature calls, but only when I absolutely have to. Back when I was just starting out, I got fingered by a girl who "read" me in a hotel restroom and sicced a security guard on me. Fortunately, he wasn't 100% sure I was a guy, and I was able to back him off by asking him if he was accusing me of being a hooker. To this day, the memory traumatizes me. So when I do have to go to the ladies room, I head straight for a stall and get the hell out. The less time spent preening in front of the mirror surrounded by other women, the better. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Rachel_740
07-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Hi Girls,

I've used the ladies rest room a couple of times now, but befroe venturing in I've been as sure as I can be that I'm going to be alone in there.

I have not been caught, but I feel that if somebody were to complain it would more likely be an older lady (more 'proper' and less liberated) than a younger lady.

Perhaps I'll find out one day :eek:

Jenny Beth
07-09-2004, 05:32 PM
I've had to use the ladies room a few times at malls and department stores. I've gotten away with it okay but I don't waste time touching up my makeup or hair.

Jenny B

Stelli
08-12-2004, 08:25 PM
I never been in the situation to choose which one I would need. If I am in femme I would likely use Ladies and behave extremely natural for my dressing expression - therefore I'll sit to pee.

I usually wear skirts and dresses when in femme, and if I may humor a little about this serious subject I would go by the picture on the door :)

I'd say: Check local laws, if that does not create issue, then if you are dressed androgenous or obviously not passable then go by your sex. You may catch a strange look but you'd not be inappropriate. If you are dressed passable en femme then go to ladies this will be also appropriate. People judge by appearance. Wrong thing would be if you choose by how you feel as people cannot read your feelings.

StephanieS
08-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi Girls,
When dressed in fem, I go to the girls room. (When fem, I want to be around women) They are bigger, cleaner and have great mirrors. And the topics of discussion you hear while in the girls room! One time I went to a WalMart looking for some more fem shoes and had to go to the girls room. I went in, pee'd, checked my makeup and hair and walked out. Right outside the door was the security staff with radio's waiting for me. I did a quick right and zig zaged through the isles and out without anyone following me. I don't know if they saw through me or when they saw me in person thought I was a girl and did not pursue. I thought I was going to be taken to some office, quized, and handed over to the police.
Love you all.

AmberDay
08-23-2004, 12:42 AM
I have to agree with the smell of the women restrooms. They are bigger, tidy, and no buggers on the mirrors. I can only say this because I used to have to clean restrooms when I was in college. Never entered one dressed. (I'm not even close to being passable). The only advice I can give though, is to bring a 1-liter soda (or pop for those living in the mid-west) bottle in your car. Just whip it out, fill it up, and throw away. Try not to eat any 'heavy' (i.e. Taco Bell) food 3-6 hours before going out. And of course, I advise you 'pee' in an isolated area. Officer Simpson may ask you a few questions if you do it in the parking lot of Wal-mart.

Although there is a thrill of going where only women can go....

eleventhdr
08-23-2004, 01:37 AM
Yeah and watch out for Sherriff Rosco P Coltrain he will Cuff you and stuff you ha ha!. Koo Koo!.

HillaryArtemis
08-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Find those unisex washrooms usually at gas stations.

JodiArtemis