PDA

View Full Version : Drag show at RV campground?

tommi
05-16-2007, 10:24 AM
My wife and I have our camper set up permanent site at a nice campground
they posted activities for memorial day weekend.
Drag show was at the top of the list:eek: My non supportive wife asked if I was going to be apart of it?
I think she is just setting me up and I said no comment. My CDing is a major
bone between us I keep it to a minimum to stay married. I just hope she doesn't push the point on this.:o

Tamara Croft
05-16-2007, 10:29 AM
If it's a major problem in your marriage, then just tell her no? Even if you want to join in, do you really want to fuel the fire more? Maybe she is scared you are going to be a part of it and not tell her, you should try and discuss this more with her. I know it's hard :hugs: but is your marriage worth one show?

Emily Ann Brown
05-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Drag shows have little to do with CDing. Explain to her you aren't looking to be on display so to speak.

Emily Ann

BethCD
05-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I feel for you. It's a tough call....a great opportunity, but it could get dangerous.
A couple of years ago my supportive wife and I were in Chicago for a couple days at the same time time the Be-All was happening. ( A coincidence, really)
I suggested (asked permission ) to go to it for a while. She seemed irked a bit, but told me to go. Then she went in the corner and started crying. Well, obviously I couldn't go....:( .
In the long run you're better off safe than sorry.

Good luck, Beth

celeste26
05-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I've never heard of such a campground with acitivites like this! Are you sure that it was a Crossdressing version of drag, not some truck pull?

AmberTG
05-16-2007, 03:52 PM
I've never heard of such a campground with acitivites like this! Are you sure that it was a Crossdressing version of drag, not some truck pull?

Ya, that's what I was wondering.

Kate Simmons
05-16-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't think it's a "biggie" really. A lot of straight people come to the drag shows at the LGBT club I go to and a lot of them just love it. Friends and relatives of the performers and some folks who are just curious. I get into a lot of interesting conversations with some of these folks, especially about why I CD and what I get out of doing it. Helps to "de mystify" it sometimes, you know?:happy:

donnapink
05-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I would like to know where this camp ground is located? I have never been
camping but maybe I could pitch a tent there. Good luck with your wife and
the drag show I hope its not too campy. I would go but try to gently let her know that crossdressing and Drag show are not equal.

TerriM
05-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi
My wife of 35 years is also semi-non supportive. She has known for 25yrs and still doesnt want to see Terri. But she doesnt fight me on going out when I can. One of the responses said it. Is it worth your marriage gong to a drag show? I would love to go to a cd event with my wife, but I doubt it will happen. Balance is the key.

Yours terri

Samantha B L
05-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi Tommi,I like drag queen shows and fashions if they aren't too clownish or dapper.But as a couple of other girls have suggested,are you sure it wasn't a Truck pull or some other type of event being announced?In conclusion,I don't blame you for being a little belated at being deprived of a few hours enfemme with some nice CD/TG/TS activities and entertainment.I know I'd be beside myself,so to speak.But it would also be irate and agressive to press the point.Samantha

serinalynn
05-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Drag shows have little to do with CDing. Explain to her you aren't looking to be on display so to speak.

Emily Ann

I agree with Emily Ann, I think drag shows just show guys just dressing for the show and only for the show. I only want to portray my self as a respectable woman. A respectable crossdresser, I believe, will leave a drag show to those drag queens who will not advance womanhood one bit.

paulaN
05-16-2007, 06:38 PM
I have a camper but I have not traveled with it very much. I was staying at a big campground that had lot of activities. one weekend they had a dog show. I have to say I have never ever herd of a drag show at a campground. I do know that some owners try to keep things interesting to it's membership.
I tend to spend most of my camping time getting away from everything, except mother nature. I have in the past had a few drag shows of my own though.
Woooooo Hooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea Nicole
05-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Come on...
Those red-neck campers are into whittlin', tractor pulls, chaw spittin', cow-tippin' and Jack Daniels .......
I really can't see a drag show in that environment ....

Kate Simmons
05-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Come on...
Those red-neck campers are into whittlin', tractor pulls, chaw spittin', cow-tippin' and Jack Daniels .......
I really can't see a drag show in that environment ....Yew don't know me too well, do you Andrea? Mah specilty is a'keepin' those dang revenuers away from the 'stills out'n the woods thar' and pointin' 'em towards the drag show.;):cheers::happy:

Seville
05-16-2007, 08:24 PM

Emily Ann

I feel the same way. No way would I particpate,
supportive or non-supportive SO.

Andrea Nicole
05-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Are you sure this "campground" isn't in Cali ...
I could understand it then ...

kristytv
05-16-2007, 08:42 PM
ok, when i go camping , im am kristy , justin stays at home, why does it have to be about rednecks with camping? i got a camper , its very enjoyable. and i have had some interesting things happen while doign so, none are correct to talk about here though

michelleupnorth
05-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I would make sure you are at the right drag show. I'm thinking a couple of cars racing side by side down a track or road. you could always check it out first and if it happens to be that and you aren't ready to show the world put on your ball cap and cowboy boots chewn tabacco and have a hooten tooten good time

Paulacder
05-17-2007, 05:34 AM
Haveing camped for many years I have found that camp ground activities are geared for children. I have ben to many Drag Shows as Paula and it seems odd that a camp ground would have this type of entertainment. But then we stayed at a Nude Camp Ground once so who am I to say it's odd.

:heehee::heehee::heehee::love::heehee::heehee::hee hee: