PDA

View Full Version : FtM TG on TLC

GACountrygal
05-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Hi Yall,
Just thought I would let yall know, theres a program on TLC right now, 2am EDT USA and part of it is a FtM TG(TS?)
Just thought anyone up might wanna know!!! I plan on watchin it, even though I should be in bed :heehee:
Nic

GACountrygal
05-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Well dang that was short lived.
It was basically a 5 minute blah. It was interesting though, gave a short version of how he figured out he was a FtM tg and that he was on a rub on type Testosterone gel and the effects of that. Very interesting, but I had just hoped they would do something more in depth. Oh well.. its something at least!!!
Nic

GACountrygal
05-17-2007, 01:13 AM
erp, ok I guess its not done, theres gonna be more "snipets" throughout the show....

Nic

bi_weird
05-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Well darn, too bad I wasn't up. That wouldn've been good to see. Thanks for the heads up though.

Taylor105
05-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I have never heard of rubbing T gel on yourself?? Does it do the same thing as the shots?

CaptLex
05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry I missed it, Nic. :sad:

I have never heard of rubbing T gel on yourself?? Does it do the same thing as the shots?

Yeah, Taylor, some people prefer the patch or the gel to the shots. But you have to apply it more often and be careful not to transmit the T to people you may touch. Also, I've heard that wherever you apply it can get hairier than other places on your body (don't know if that's true).

xsideburnsx
05-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Sorry I missed it, Nic. :sad:

Yeah, Taylor, some people prefer the patch or the gel to the shots. But you have to apply it more often and be careful not to transmit the T to people you may touch. Also, I've heard that wherever you apply it can get hairier than other places on your body (don't know if that's true).

Wait? what? Where would one get these "patches" or "gel"? I'm assuming from your doctor?

CaptLex
05-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Wait? what? Where would one get these "patches" or "gel"? I'm assuming from your doctor?
Yeah, Jacob, you need a prescription, just like you would for the shots. And they're more expensive than the shots because they cost more to produce.

xsideburnsx
05-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, Jacob, you need a prescription, just like you would for the shots. And they're more expensive than the shots because they cost more to produce.

Damn! Well slap me silly then.

Well that sounds really cool that they are offering another alternative away from the shots. I can handle the shots just fine, but I imagine they would be a total pain in the ass to do often.

CaptLex
05-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Damn! Well slap me silly then.

Well that sounds really cool that they are offering another alternative away from the shots. I can handle the shots just fine, but I imagine they would be a total pain in the ass to do often.
What do you consider often? My shots are every two weeks and I know some guys do them weekly. I think the gel is a daily thing and I'm not sure about the patches, but I think it's more often than the shots too. There are advantages and disadvantages to all the options, but the cost is the big one for me. The shots are a lot cheaper and since I pay out of pocket, that's what I have to go with. I'm used to them now, though.

xsideburnsx
05-17-2007, 11:30 AM
What do you consider often? My shots are every two weeks and I know some guys do them weekly. I think the gel is a daily thing and I'm not sure about the patches, but I think it's more often than the shots too. There are advantages and disadvantages to all the options, but the cost is the big one for me. The shots are a lot cheaper and since I pay out of pocket, that's what I have to go with. I'm used to them now, though.

Weekly is often to me haha. It's like "Oh great...shot time again"....I take daily meds so I don't know what I'm complaining about. Swallowing pills is different though.

Yeah I would probably get the shots if I could afford it. I mean it'll probably be the option I could afford.

GACountrygal
05-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah it was very interesting, and it actually gave me some insight (which I thought I had but didnt really) into tg/ts issues. Enlightening for sure!

The T-gel was a daily application. I hadnt even heard of something like that before, so ya learn something new everyday!

I dunno if they have anything about it on the TLC website, but I was impressed they aired it, even though it was on at 2am.

Nic

Taylor105
05-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I must be in a mood today but I got a laugh out of the thought of accidentally transmitting T to someone from a patch. I can just see my ultra fem sister waking up one morning and screaming when she looks in the mirror and sees she is starting to grow a mustache. Darn it. I shouldn't have hugged her so much!! LOLOL

pocoyo
05-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Hahaha Taylor!

Mmm imagine just rubbing gel on and soon being a man lol!
Cool :D
I heard it's not as strong/effective as other ways though, and takes longer to be effective. Doh. (Might be different on different people though...! *looks hopeful* lol)

Adam
05-18-2007, 11:06 AM
well my personnal opionon is i wouldent go for the patch or gel as these go thu your liver twice where as the shots only go once so liver damage and stuff is hugher risk.

the gel also stinks and takes time to dry give me T shots anyday less health risks and less mess

sorry thats just my thoughts on it

Taylor105
05-18-2007, 11:10 AM
That settles it for me. Taylor doesn't do "stinking". I like to smell sexy! No patches for me.

xsideburnsx
05-18-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree. Shots it is. Screw smelling like rotten ass haha. :lol:

Taylor105
05-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I agree. Shots it is. Screw smelling like rotten ass haha. :lol:

LOL