PDA

View Full Version : What if? (you could lose the desire)

Kate Simmons
05-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Okay, Late Bloomer asked what you would do if you had the chance to be a woman. Fair is fair. What would you do if you had the opportunity to completely lose the desire to look or feel like a woman forever and could just be a "regular" guy? This would make everyone happy including most importantly you and your SO. Would you do it? Think about it before you say:"No!".:happy:

soccervixen
05-17-2007, 01:27 PM
I think I would do it - would certainly be easier on the budget and cramped closet space! Would make life less fun, but also ultimately less confusing, and would simplify relationships, which even in the best of circumstances, can be tricky to navigate.

Meanwhile, I am buying more high heels!

Dixie
05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I would say NO in a heartbeat, as we both like things just the way they are!!

Michelle 51
05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes i think i would but part of the deal would be that the memory of how good it feel's would have to go with the desire.It would make life a lot more simple for me anyway Justabit

Alice B
05-17-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't think it would make much difference. I'm generally a happy person to begin with. I only started CDing in the past few years and while I very much enjoy dressing up it does not make me happier than when I 'm not dressed. It simply allows me to express myself in yet another way. Don't get me wrong. I love to dress, but if it was completely taken away, I'd be fine.:love:

Daintre
05-17-2007, 01:34 PM
OK, I should jump in here and say that I would jump at the chance.....but you know, there are times when this being a CD is emotionally rewarding. Da*n it all, things are never cut and dried..I am staying as I am.:straightface:

Karren H
05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Only if I could have larger muscles and a bigger ................. Never mind......

:D

Yes

Love Karren

VeronicaKate
05-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Well life would be much easier. Yes, at this moment and time I would have to say yes. I am too high in the fog and realy have not found my way, so yes as a cop out, quick fix to feel normal, Hmmmm what is normal. The..... Urge ....takeing .......over. Damn this question. I realy don't think I could ever give up some silk panties with lace, cute little skirt and blouse with a nice set of boots. Who could give all that up. ahhhhhhhhhh.

Alex!
05-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Yes, I would without question. Crossdressing is fun for .00009 percent of my life, and comes with a pricetag that I find burdensome. If I could take a pill and make the urge to dress as a woman go away, I would take it without hesitation.

Marla S
05-17-2007, 02:13 PM
What would you do if you had the opportunity to completely lose the desire to look or feel like a woman forever and could just be a "regular" guy? [...] Would you do it? Think about it before you say:"No!".:happy:
The point of being is to be (become) centered and in touch with yourself.
Whether this means to be a "real man" a "real woman", a TG, or whatever doesn't matter.

linnea
05-17-2007, 03:31 PM
As with other fantasies that I've responded to, in this situation, I would take the opportunity if my memory of crossdressing would go with it. I would not want to feel tantalized but unable to crossdress. I would not want to lose the desire without losing the knowledge too. This may be splitting hairs, but it's a fantasy question.
I don't say this because I feel burdened by my desire to crossdress. I say it because I would want to have a "clean break" from crossdressing--if I'm going to change at all.

Kimberley
05-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Okay, one way or the other with no knowledge of the other side of the fence; in a heartbeat.

Knowing my true gender all my life, I just got the wrong bits and pieces.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Joanne f
05-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Well i can only assume that if i was a woman i would still have the desire to feel like one and enjoy dressing like one, but if my body and brain was completely opposite to what it is now i guess that i would want to feel and dress like a man.

joanne

Teresa Amina
05-17-2007, 03:55 PM
:eek: Nooooooooooooooooo!:eek:

SherriePall
05-17-2007, 04:00 PM
NO! I have been doing this too long (in its various stages). I have seen the other side and like it there too much to not go back again, even if it is not as often as I would like.

Toyah
05-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I have to say no because to be honest being s CD has no baggage for me its just fun.
I guess it is kinda expensive but so are most hobbies I cannot think of any hobby that would make me feel so good:D

kerrianna
05-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Okay I'll think about it.NO!

TerriM
05-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Realistically the only right answer for me is Yes. The strain that my femme side has put on me over the years was at times very stressfull. With trying to manage a family, two jobs and a trying to squeeze in time for Terri has been a difficult task. But this question is like the question I asked myself for a long time of " Why am I like this?" I stopped asking years ago and that gave me some peace. It was like asking why was I born with 2 arms? There are a lot of questions in our lives that we never find the answer to and to keep seeking them is sometimes self destructive.

Yours Terri

Kate Simmons
05-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks for your honest answers I was just curious as several folks had hinted at that in the past. For myself, I would have no regrets one way or the other, as myself, having walked on both sides more or less. As Marla said, being in touch with your central or core self is the key, appearance and actions notwithstanding. However,some of us seem to need the dichotomy. I would like to retain the experiences I had as my femme self, even if I decided to continue on as a guy.
In my present circumstances, a change will be coming in that direction anyway as I really never developed my guy self growing up and it was just a fabricated character because inside, I was always a girl. It's easy for me to be Salandra, much more challenging to be my guy self and I am up for it.
The other wrinkle is that my SO and I are not together because of the CDing. If she were to acquiesce and give me another chance, I would take that choice--you betcha, in a "New York" minute with no regrets because Richard is what makes her happy and I have always loved her.:happy:

Leah B
05-17-2007, 04:17 PM
It's like asking us what we we do if we weren't ourselves. What if I could be reborn as the son of a rich and successful senator, as if my current family never existed? What if I could be a champion heavyweight boxer? These things would be nice, but they're not me.

I'm PROUD to be a tranny! It makes me better than the "normals" (though they would probably disagree). It's a difficult path, but I'll be damned if it isn't rewarding.

Just don't ask me later when I'm having a hard time with it. I like this answer better than the one I might give then.

stormrider
05-17-2007, 04:22 PM
No, I deal with "guys" all day, every day and I AM NOT A GUY!!!!!! I tried to be macho once and it didn't work. I suck at the things a man is good at and it took a long time to realize it. Why beat that dead horse again? I love my feminine nature and how I look at the world. I would rather be a girl inside than a boy inside, even if I can't be what I want on the outside.

Michelle

Randy
05-17-2007, 04:37 PM
I have to admit that when I first read the post, I immediately answered YES! I would love to be free of this burden.

Upon further reflection, I have to say that I would still say Yes.

One other hand, if I knew back then what I know now, I might take a pill that just takes me back to the time when I was first on my own. There are so many more things available to us now and shops freely accept us shopping for our things. I'd like to be back at 20 years old, and able to express this more freely and completely.

On the other hand, I am now mid 40's and have a family. I can't pursue going any further with them around and I love everything about them. For now, I'll settle for quite frustration and the status quo.

DeeInGeorgia
05-17-2007, 04:44 PM
I have always had a lot of baggage that contributes to my crossdressing. If I had the opportunity to dump the baggage also, would I? Would I be willing to be a "NORMAL" guy?

1) I thought girls would appreciate a guy that didn't treat them as a sex object. Life has shown this to be false. Girls just want to have fun, which at late teens, early 20's is parties, drinking, sex, according to 85% of the population.

2) If I treated girls/women well and respected them and remained chaste until marriage or near marriage, I believed that God would reward me with a loving and pretty wife. Reality - 28 y.o. virgin and only that soon because I went to a dance club with friends of friends after a friend's wedding and one drunk girl took a liking to me as a one night stand. It took another two years before I met my future wife. God does not seem to reward the chaste.

3) Being used by women the way men used women - Being a godd square dancer, girls/women would go out dancing with me because I was a good dancer, and not because they liked me. Do you know how painful it is to look into someone's eyes during a dance that you asked out because you were interested in her and see that she has no interest in you. And that was after the several weeks to get to know her and get the courage to ask her out.

4) God made me somewhat effeminate, nearly no adams apple,minimal facial hair until later in life, wonderful full head of hair, which led to being called "Ma'am" often when the hair was long, being thought 5 years younger than I looked when my hair was short (women mostly like someone a bit older than them, they do not take an interest if you look younger than they are).

5) Finding a wonderful wife that would touch you and allow you to touch her, something you were denied as a child, and then have her take all the touching away from you, resulting in a chaste marriage.

Catain Kirk was wrong, a civilized person cannot act like an uncivilized person. Miracles are for "Good" and making me "Normal" would turn me into a person that treated women badly, I would divorce my wife, find a trophy wife and a girlfriend on the side. My whole attitude would have to be changed. My past would have to be forgotten. Without the past forgotten, I would become even more evil. I would be trying to make up for lost experiences. And yet, that would be what most of society considered "Normal".

From another viewpoint, if my wife was 100 pounds lighter, very beautiful and a sex maniac, which is what it would take to take away the pain of lost experience, ie the need to crossdress, without changing my basic personality, she would not stay long with the type of person I am (kind, accepting, etc.) and I would again be alone.

So how can I answer the initial question? Only by not having any memory of my past can I make a decision, for with my present knowledge, while my reality is not setting exactly plumb, I could not stand to wish to become the person who is a normal man, that treats women so badly, even if that is what they want. And if my personality did not change, but the crossdressing went away, I would not be normal, I would not have any escape from the loneliness, and pain from the past and lack of physical affection. I would go crazy and die.

For me right now, dealing with my crossdressing and the situation I am in is bringing me closer to God. Our lives develop as the sums of our experiences, and mine are dircting me to crossdress.

Dee

MJ
05-17-2007, 04:52 PM
ok my turn NO i like me just the way i am

RobertaFermina
05-17-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm not DONE with this thing YET!

I am gaining insight into myself and the feminine, and women, *AND MEN* and how our whole culture hangs together (and how it might better hang together) !
I am practicing ways of being that are more, joyful, creative, and loving that I cherish.
When I can actualize all these states of being (and those yet in store) as a Guy, then, AND ONLY THEN, am I ready to let go of THE URGE!

THE URGE *DOES* cost me in many ways that I cannot fix without going 24/7, which I am not prepared to do. So I could imagine leaving school, once I have acquired my degree.

Grasshopper is not ready to leave the Monastary !!!

:rose: Hop! Hop! :rose:

Kate Simmons
05-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Understood "Grasshopper" I'm kind of stuck in the middle here as I actually have the opposite "problem".:happy:

Rita B
05-17-2007, 06:21 PM
The desire never leaves. Once the crossdressing bug has bit you ( I mean dressing up to go out en femme and have cd friends etc. not just putting on a pair of panties at home) you are a crossdresser for life. You may for the sake of a relationship or children forsake your inner desires, but it never leaves. Everytime I saw a pretty lady I wished that I were she, or saw some pretty clothes, I wished that I could wear them, or walk by a make up counter in a mall, and wish I could get a makeover. It can be a real dilemma.

renee99
05-17-2007, 07:53 PM
If it was driving me to behave compulsively and riskily then I would like to be rid of it.

For me that's not the case.

The only way I would want to get rid of it is if it was also replaced with a turn-on that is easier to share with a GG. What would be the point if I got rid of it and then nothing turned me on. I'd rather be weird than anhedonic.

I don't know who I'd be if I didn't have a natural attraction to girly things though. Maybe it's better than the alternative. I can be a heartless and calculating S.O.B. of a man after all. Maybe it's a good thing that side of me has less chances to come out.

Mary Morgan
05-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Salandra, Your proposition includes a statement that "This would make everyone happy including most importantly you and your SO." I suppose it is hard to argue that one shouldn't jump at the chance to be happy, and make everyone else happy in the process. On the otherhand, I am happy being a CD even though it may not be an ideal situation. I have found many other issues in my life to be less than ideal, but they have not prevented me from being happy. My Dad use to say, "if you can't do what you like, like what you do". I guess I really like what I do, and who I am.

Seville
05-17-2007, 08:54 PM
No, crossdressing has made me a complete human being.

To go back to 50% would be a tragedy.

Dixie
05-17-2007, 09:00 PM
...monkeys fly outta my.....what if... I don't want to think about the what ifs, I want to focus on the here and now, is that selfish?? Hope not.:hugs:

Stephenie S
05-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Ok, I'm in. I have thought about this ALL my life. I did a pretty good imitation of a guy for years and years. I didn't like it and I don't like it now. The answer is no. NO!

Steph

ToyGirl
05-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I have always had a lot of baggage that contributes to my crossdressing. If I had the opportunity to dump the baggage also, would I? Would I be willing to be a "NORMAL" guy?

1) I thought girls would appreciate a guy that didn't treat them as a sex object. Life has shown this to be false. Girls just want to have fun, which at late teens, early 20's is parties, drinking, sex, according to 85% of the population.

Dee

I used to think the same thing and like you I later figured out I was wrong. It's almost irony that my last two boyfriends treated me poorly yet i stayed with them for probably too long, mean while I have angelic male friends that would treat me like a princess and yet im not attracted to them.

Though if i had to live the boy section of my life again i wouldnt change much and would continue to treat women with respect.

I remember growing up and one of my male friends passing out when he was drunk. His Girlfriend was a stunner and i really did like her, that night she came onto me and i told her no, I would not be with her because she was dating my friend. Of course the next day her Boyfriend found out and they actually teased me saying I was gay etc. He said if he was me he would have took advanatage of her.

Lifes so confusing sometimes.

To the original question, it's hard for me to answer being TS, but if I enjoyed being a boy and was capable of fitting in (looked more masculine etc and wasn't sensitive etc). Then yes I would, because this path is not something i'd wish on anyone , including myself.

Stephenie S
05-17-2007, 09:16 PM
See? Men are dogs.

Stephie

Nicole
05-17-2007, 09:19 PM
The point of being is to be (become) centered and in touch with yourself.
Whether this means to be a "real man" a "real woman", a TG, or whatever doesn't matter.

Well said, which is why I would not take the magic pill. Nor would I want to be a genetic female. I am happy being who I am: A genetic male with a predominantly feminine soul.

The more I discover the person who I truly am, the happier I will be. There is no going back... only forward. Even if it is in heels. :happy:

Dixie
05-17-2007, 09:20 PM
They can be dogs, and then again, they can be Gurl Dogs!!:heehee:

Charleen
05-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Let me think as you asked. HHHHmmmmm......NO!!!!!

JacquiUKTV
05-17-2007, 09:58 PM
If..........

Roxi Loh
05-17-2007, 10:34 PM
But no...I think this is more intriguing and more fun...

Cindyloo
05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm like Alice. It would not make any difference since I am happy dressing or not dressing. I crossdress to express my feminine side. Still a man and will remain that way.

sterling12
05-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh no, not me! I have come to terms with my CD, I know the pleasures that it can bring. Would never want to lose the desire. Years ago they put me on Paxil for a short while and it destroyed my libido. Then I was depressed AND impotent!

Losing my desire to CD would be a similar thing, I would lose my "gift" and I would also be super depressed. Probably it would make me suicidal.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Bridget Fitzgerald
05-17-2007, 10:56 PM
No, rather die

Tee
05-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Yes, i would like it to go away, so that i can spend more energy and time on other parts of my life.

i am trying to start a family with my wife, and i love her for many of the things she do. Cding takes energy and i wish it can go away forever... and ever.

Tanya83
05-18-2007, 12:26 AM
No second thought. Of course! I wish I didn't love it so much!

faltenrock
05-18-2007, 03:03 AM
Interesting question - who didn't ask this before just for himself/herself??

I've been dressing for about 30 years now, with ups and downs.

In recent years I've come to accept my CD desire, the fun and excitement that it can give. I don't give a dam anymore about what other people might think of me. I'm one with myself, sometimes more sometimes less.

Today I love the crossdressing - not alwayes, but most of the time.

My wife would be happy about the special pill and be the first to buy it for me - that's for sure.

Jennifer_G
05-18-2007, 05:27 AM
Today I'd say yes, but it all depends on how I'm feeling.
I suffer with awful depression and my mood can be a bit of a rollercoaster.

Today Yes I'd give it up. Ask me next week though and the answer could be NO. I'm just confused !!!

Suzie S.
05-18-2007, 05:44 AM
What a tough question. :rolleyes: I could never 'conciously' push a button that would erase any desire to crossdress or express my feminine side. I enjoy it too much, and it's deeply a part of who I am. So my answer is no.

KatieC
05-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Be a "regular" guy? No. I abhor how "regular" guys treat women. I'm not too keen on how "regular" guys treat each other, either.

I was raised to be a sensitive guy and a gentleman, and a sensitive gentleman I would want to remain.

It's not the "feminine" aspects of my personality that I'm conflicted about. It's the need to express those parts of myself by dressing that I'm still struggling with. There would be a lot less stress in my life, if I could keep my personality and outlook on life, but lose the urge to dress.

-KatieC

AmandaM
05-18-2007, 11:09 AM
I would take either one. Although, I think I'd prefer woman at this point. I think ending the confusion either way is best.

suzy
05-18-2007, 11:13 AM
No! I am happy right where I am.... I would be missing too much if I had to give up one side or the other....:D

Michelle04240
05-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Nope. I am happy with who I am, and really enjoy the other side of me.

Some build cars in the garage, some build model trains..I dress

I am happy, my wife loves me, life is good.