PDA

View Full Version : Oscar night dress up

Linda Mattson
02-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone:

I've always believed that with all the glamour of the oscars it is inly fair (and fun) to make this a "dress up to the nines" nite.

I love the ritual of spending most of the day primping and painting for the show.

I'll have a nice hot perfumed bath around 3:00 PM...shave from head to toe....give myself a facial and change into my peignor and do my nails....have late brunch around 5:00PM...then start to do my hair.

Around six I'll change into my undies and start to paint my face and sip a little wine....by 7:00PM my face is done except for lipstick....flip on the Joan Rivers "red carpet" pre-oscar fashion show and I'll start getting dressed.....as the opening of the show begins I'll spritz on some heavenly perfume and finish with the first of many lipstick applications...grap my evening bag and slink down to my den and enjoy the show.

Try it ....you'll love the overwhelming feeling of feminity and femaleness.

Linda

Here is some shots from earlier oscar nites.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/melanietg/album?.dir=/4630&.src=ph

spaskinstyle
02-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Hello Linda,

I don't think we've met Linda but I wanted to say Hi cause I can tell you are my kinda gal that's for sure. What a great idea. I've been watching the Oscars for years and it never occurred to me to get dressed up and do the deal myself rather than sit and watch and wish. How wonderful an idea.

I think my favorite shot of yours is the black dress and the pink jacket. I'm going to be sure and prepare for the next big event - I'm sure it will make any Gal feel great.

Thanks for the tip.

Love to you and yours,
Theresa

Jan W
02-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Absolutely lovely pictures Linda. You have obviously spent the time and effort to perfect your look. Time very well spent!

Especially love the white chiffon

Love,

Jan

PS Keep the photos coming!

ToniB
02-28-2005, 04:50 PM
I haven't watched the Oscars, but seen the advance pictures in the UK papers today. Does anyone feel like me, I want to wear all the sumtuous dresses! It would be nice to have a body like some of the actresses, then I could show a good cleavage too. I also liked the completely backless blue one (but how could you wear a bra?). Can't wait to see the rest in tomorrows papers!

ToniB

Kate_Uhler
03-01-2005, 04:47 AM
Linda,

you you you.. are sooo glamorous.. you win BEST picture... *smile*

you do such a good job... you always set the bar higher so thanks for the inspiration.

kiss+hug,
kate

ToniB
03-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Well, I wasn't disappointed with the pictures from Oscar night, Renee Zellweger and Salma Hayak wore mermaid dresses, which looked very tight at the knee (wish I could have seen them trying to walk in them), Beyonce looked like she'd been poured into hers, Halle Berry was swathed in delicious satin (I can just feel that swirling around my legs), and it was Hillary Swank's dress that had no back in it. Now which one would you all like to have worn?

There was only one problem, all of them were so long that I couldn't see their Manolos, or Jimmy Choos. Oh you guessed, I'm a shoe fetishist as well!

ToniB