PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a "femme" role model

Rita B
05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
For me, I guess my mother was always my role model. She was beautiful, I mean movie star beautiful and the most sophisticated and aristocratic lady that I have ever known. She just might not fit in this world of hip hugger jeans and grundgy T shirts because she was always dressed to the nines. She was also talented with her hands and had so much class. Although she was my adoptive mother, ( I was adopted when I was 2), I always accepted her as my natural mother.

I know that she was aware of my attachment for feminine things for I raided her bureau drawers enough when I was a teenager. There is no doubt that she wished that I had been a daughter instead. She was possessive but not in a mean way. Like she so much wanted me to join the priesthood so that she would always be "the" woman in my life. Thank God I did not. There have been enough scandals and I can understand why. She did not approve of my first wife, although later after a divorce, she really liked my SO who was also a very classy lady. There have been many times that I resented her for having contributed to my feminine nature, but then I still have to admire her for being such a WOMAN!

I would like to post a picture of her when I am able to.

kay_cd
05-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Does Rosie O Donnell count?

Oh! my! Just kidding, just kidding. :)

Kate Simmons
05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
My Grandmother. She was an independent woman who was full of gumption, way ahead of her time. If anyone has ever seen the two characters "Tugboat Annie" and "Ma Kettle", she was kind of a combination of both. Anyway, that is who I patterned my femme self after.:happy:

Annesah
05-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Isadora Dunkan (the dancer) and so much more.

Dixie
05-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Stevie Nicks

Kiera20mi
05-18-2007, 06:11 PM
My Gf / SO lol she is an awesome girl

SandyR
05-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Lita Ford!

Hugs.

SandyR

Z. Teoni
05-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Nicole Kidman for me.

Rita B
05-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Nicole Kidman for me.

I must agree with you What would it be like to look like Nicole Kidman

In my dreams, Rita

Hermione Simpson
05-19-2007, 12:39 AM
given my name, most people would think i'll say emma watson who plays hermione in HP, of course she's one, but my other one is melanie c (ex spice girls) as she's had loads of ups and downs but she's always came back stronger, oh and my mum of course

Sheri 4242
05-19-2007, 01:51 AM
My wife! She is an awesome GG!!! Feminine w/ a touch of tomboyishness -- a girly girl with sense and sensibility, intelligence, style, poise, and composure!!! A wonderful spouse!!! She's the greatest!!!

After my wife would be Cher, but not b/c of her associations with the transgendered community . . . and not because anybody has ever said I look like her, which I don't. It's b/c, if you know her full life history, she has faced so much, yet come out on the top of her industry (music and movies), and her persistence towards her goals and her use of her talents just keep getting better, spanning five decades. Cher is an inspiration to following one's dreams and accepting change with age, showing that it life can get better and better!

After Cher, I'd add Michelle Pfeiffer. A beautiful person who projects such femininity -- cute, seemingly fun-loving and loving.

vivianann
05-19-2007, 03:21 AM
Dolly parton is my role model. However I met a woman named Vivian 26 years ago, who suspected my femminine side and tried to get me to wear dresses, but I was too scared to at the time, I sure regret not letting her dress me up.
She was a beautiful blonde bombshell. She did tell me if I would wear dresses that I should go by the name of Vivian, so I did adopt her name. If I were to become a woman I would want to look just like her in every way. I kind of do look like her in the face when I get a makeover.

Ekatcha
05-19-2007, 03:33 AM
Kaywinnit Lee Frye. Corny Im pretty sure, but... such as it si:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaylee_Frye

Kelsy
05-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Audry Hepburn for me, she was the definition of femininity.

Jennifer

KrissyTN
05-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Rita Hayworth for me! Hey, and we share the same birthday too! :)

Krissy

Rita B
05-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Audry Hepburn for me, she was the definition of femininity.

Jennifer Wow, you sure picked a good one. I still love to watch her movies on TCM channel. You are so right

Hugs,

Rita S

marie354
05-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Since the first thing that I tried on was a pair of my sister's panties, I have to say that she was a role model for me. At least at first. Actually several women and TG/TS/CD, whatever, have had an influence on me as well as some men too. And where I am today? A happy camper to say the least.
:hugs: