PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Shots

kay_cd
05-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow, I have had a dream come true. My GF not only accepts my feminine nature she actively supports it. She is forever coming up with ideas to make me be and feel even more feminine and usually calls me Kay. Anyway, she sent me an email this morning asking if I would consider doing a glamour shot make-up and photo shoot.

Has anyone ever done this? If so how was the experience?

TIA,
Kay

Angie G
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I wish :hugs:
Angie

Ashleigh
05-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Is your GF a photographer? If so great. Lighting will make or break a photograph - especially a portrait.

Wow, I have had a dream come true. My GF not only accepts my feminine nature she actively supports it. She is forever coming up with ideas to make me be and feel even more feminine and usually calls me Kay. Anyway, she sent me an email this morning asking if I would consider doing a glamour shot make-up and photo shoot.

Has anyone ever done this? If so how was the experience?

TIA,
Kay

Lisa Marie
05-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Your lucky wish I could find a g/f who would dress me up and everything else. I think Glamour Shots costs alot of money. I dont know if their Cd friendly or not. I wouldnt mind doing it myself!

Cheryl T
05-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Have passed by the Glamour Shots studios and dreamed...
Discussed it with my SO and it may be something for the future.
Not as yet, so no experience to relate.

Stephenie S
05-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Years ago I did this. I found that for me, it was a waste of money. But I sure looked good for a photo. That was the problem for me. I wanted to look good for the world, not just for a photo shoot. Makeup and posing have a lot to do with how good you look in photo. Step outside looking like that and you look like a clown.

Lovies,
Steph

Sheri 4242
05-19-2007, 01:28 AM
My wife would be fine with me going to Glamour Shots -- as long as it was in a safe environ. Actually, we've talked about this a number of times. Unfortunately, we have held off -- sort of waiting to find the right GS location. Where we live, such is absolutely a "no go" b/c of its small town atmosphere! (I'd be outed to the entire city before the shoot was halfway through. The stories I could tell on about where we live -- for example, a guy we know took his secretary to lunch, and before they had placed their order, his wife was calling (from their home) wanting to know who the blonde was that he was eating with. (It was Secetary's Day or his goose would have been cooked!)

Can we all say "Peyton Place." Sure we can!!!

Anyway, doing Glamour Shots is a dream to look forward to -- just gotta find a GS where it is okay and where "everybody in town and their brother" won't know, re your neighbors, business and professional associates, etc.

Laurie909
05-19-2007, 01:40 AM
I think Glamour Shots costs alot of money

Most assuredly. I had it done several years ago (you can see the results in the photo section). Anyway, the initial cost is not much, where they get you is when you go back to purchase the photos. They have several different packages that go into the hundred of dollars!

As for me, I didn't think the photos (or the make-up) were all that great. And I did like the poses the photographer put me in. All in all I was disapointed with the experience.

carolinewalker_2000
05-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Lucky you to have such a supportive GF; go for it!

vivianann
05-19-2007, 04:19 AM
I had a makeover at a glamour shots about 12 years ago, I called around until I found a glamour shots store that was more than willing to do a makeover on me, I reserved the whole store for about 2 hrs and the ladies in there had alot of fun making me over, I really enjoyed the experience. the photographer lady really enjoyed doing the photo shoot, and even got a little handsy with me, and even asked me on a date, unfortunately I was married to an unsupporting wife at the time, and I turned her down because I did not want to cheat on my wife. I would do it again. If I were you I would do it especially since your wife wants you to, that would be a great experience for the both of you, then you two can go out on the town as two women. GO FOR IT!!!!

Paulacder
05-19-2007, 05:22 AM
Seems like all the Glamour Shots Photo stores in this area have closed up.

Sally24
05-19-2007, 05:51 AM
My daughter did a Glamour Shots layout for her graduation from high school. They really did a fabulous jub with her and the pictures came out great! She could have walked out of there with the makeup on and looked good in any lighting. I don't know how well they would do with a male face.

terrigurl
05-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I think I am on their permanent mailing list, because I get frequent emails inviting me for a makeover and photo session. Most of the time, I think I look really good after the woman does my makeover. I have had the same girl for several times, and she knows me really well. I took about 3 or 4 outfits and 2 different wigs. Each time I changed, she brushed out my wig again. The difficulty I found was the weird poses they put me in. I felt like I was a contortionist. It is really hard to smile when you are in pain! I ended up buying a sheet of photos each time, but have never been thrilled with the photos. Once I wore a really cute dress, another time a skirt and top, and still another jeans and t-shirt. The photos unfortunately were not nearly as good as I had hoped, because I wasn't smiling very much.

Terri

P.S. The makeover alone is almost worth the time and money.

Amanda Harriman
05-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Well it wasn't Glamour Shots but a similar kind of place.

I called a small glamour studio to see if they would take a crossdresser, do the makeup and take the pictures. The girl on the phone was very friendly and seemed a little suprised. "You have such a masculine voice," she said. After making the appointment, she told me to bring some favorite outfits and wigs with me. The appointment was for a month later- a long anticipating month.

When the big day finally came, I gathered my clothes together, gave them a good ironing, and put them on hangers. I walked into the studio and was greeted by a very pretty blonde girl. She took my clothes and directed me into a changing room. In the room I took off my t-shirt and put on this tube top that was used for the makeup portion of the session.

After I got changed, I headed to the chair. I sat infront of a mirrored wall lined with brushes and makeup stands. She immediately started her work and made small talk all the time. She asked if I go out often, how I do my makeup when I do it myself, and what my favorite brand of makeup was. The process seemed to take a long time just to get started. She got to one point where she told me to close my eyes and keep them shut so that she could put on liquid eyeliner. After the eyeliner I had to keep my eyes shut until it dried. While waiting, I suddenly felt a brush across my lips- she started the lipstick. It was terrific to have my eyes shut and feel her painting my lips. When I finally opened my eyes, the makeup was done. After the makeup, she worked on styling my wig and then she sent me to change.

I put on my bra and stuffed it with water balloons. I don't remember exactly which bra I wore, but it was at least a 40G. For my first outfit, I chose a red satin blouse, black knee length skirt and black pumps. While walking over to the photo room they fed me compliments and commented about the nice shoes. We spent about 10 minutes posing and taking pictures. It was quite a learning experience to see how modeling poses really were. The poses are quite unnatural but they look good in pictures.

After the first set, I changed into an off-white satin top and they changed my wig into an up do. It wasn't a bad look! More pictures and poses. The photographer, Simone, told me things like "arch your back" and "stick out your chest, it's all about the boobs." And if you look at the pictures, you'll see that they are right! They took some of the best boob shots I've done.

After the shoot, we went into a previewing room and I chose the pictures I wanted to have printed. It was really nice just sitting there with them in the darkened room still in complete drag. The whole experience took close to 3 1/2 hours and was well worth the money for the day.

Dixie
05-19-2007, 04:54 PM
That is a fantasy I have yet to share with my wife I would love to have some glamor shots made.

vivianann
05-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Amanda, those are very beautiful pictures of you. I like the sexy legs shots and the boob shots.

featherelizabeth
05-19-2007, 07:23 PM
always wanted to, never had...(sigh)

Wenda
05-19-2007, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=Amanda Harriman;869203]I called a small glamour studio to see if they would take a crossdresser, do the makeup and take the pictures.

Holy crap Catwoman! is that your pic? Wowzer. Well worth the money!!

Karren H
05-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Never have but always wanted to.... Have had friends do it and they loved it... great photos too!!

Karren

JenniferR771
05-19-2007, 10:19 PM
I did it! It was for Halloween, (right!). They sat me next to a 12 year old girl and her mom. But it worked out well. Costs about $30, but it is more this year. I got only the proof photo, because i didn't want to spend a couple hundred more for the pics. They also have a few outfits and jewelry, feather boa, funny hats, sequined tops. I think it is a locally owned franchise. Last year i was at a different mall in semi dressed mode-- wig, heels, slacks, lipstick, they read me quick. I talked with the girls. They didn't seem to know much about CD, but were ready to go, if I had wanted. They gave me a brochure and price list. They have special sales at times.

Look at the link Glamour shots dot com

CherylKCCD
05-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I also did Glamour Shots several years ago. The girls were very friendly. They were surprised that I actually showed up for my appointment. Most CD's, men, make an appointment and then never show up. That's why they charge a fee when you make a reservation. It's a small fee, but they hope you'll show up if you have an investment. I was fairly nervous at the beginning being in the chair next to a lady having her make up done also. Once the makeup and hair were done and I was dressed, my heartrate came down and I was able to enjoy the photo session which included 3 poses.
Most of the clothes they had were way too small for my size 14 body, but they had plenty of boas,wraps, scarves, jewelry, etc. They had instructed me to bring at least 3 outfits and my own wigs.
I bought about $300.00 worth of pictures which I used to mail out to my CD friends until snail mail became a thing of the past. As for the cost, you need to decide how badly you want to be made over in a mainstream shop where anyone from the general public could come in at any time. Everyone has their list of dreams and this was definitely on mine.
Cheryl