PDA

View Full Version : It might be time for a break (could be permenant too)

rachel_rachel
05-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Well, this week has been full of surprises. A few not so good ones, the main one that sticks out is a parking fine.. $107.00 hamburger and drink.

The main one is that my wife and i have trying to concive since i played in my cricket side's premiership. How else does one celebrate a win?

Anyway, she was late, and a trip to the doctor's confirmed it.... Yep she's pregenant.

So anyway, Here's the deal, when she does have this next child she will be stopping work, that means it doesn't matter how early i get home now i won't be able to dress up. The only opportunity i may get is fancy dress parties where all my friends already expect me to turn as a woman.

So this could mean the end for me in a dressing sense.

Happy days though, i'm gonna be a daddy. (again)

Daintre
05-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Congratulations Rachel, having a child is the most heart warming event is a persons life. Your dressing will certainly take a back seat for a while, you can only wait and see what happens, good luck.

Holly
05-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Rachel congratulations on becoming a parent (again). Maybe it's time to have a talk with your wife.

GACountrygal
05-19-2007, 02:16 AM
Congratulations Rachel, having a child is the most heart warming event is a persons life. Your dressing will certainly take a back seat for a while, you can only wait and see what happens, good luck.

Rachel congratulations on becoming a parent (again). Maybe it's time to have a talk with your wife.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Congrats!!!! :hugs:

Nic

rachel_rachel
05-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks to those who've replied.

My wife is fully suportive of my dressing, (well she has come around, and hasn't left me)

What i mean by her being home full time is that we just will not have the money to have 3 kids in care. The eldest is at school and currently is care outside school hours, the youngest one (2 yr. old) in in care fulltime so therefore childcare rates being through the roof as they are, something will have to give, 'cos 3 in fulltime care ain't gonna hapen.

Not being able to dress up won't really bother me anyway i wouldn't imagine, i know for a fact that if this one is a girl, i will mellow a touch.

It's not like everything will go striaght out the door to the nearest Salvos shop.... that aint happening.

But like i said, me dressing up could well be a thing of the past.
But while i'm still able to do it..... by geez, look out, here i come!!!

Again, thanks to those who've sent their regards.

TxKimberly
05-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Rachel,
Congrats! After having our Son 18 years ago, my wife and I took no birth control and had no children. We had a miscarriage about 15 years ago and then nothing . . . all quiet . . . no babies . . . :-(
About five years ago I was eating lunch with a couple of engineers from a company I was visiting for a repair. One had twins and the other had triplets, both were the result of invitro fertilization. I started laughing and joked that maybe I should run before I "caught" it. I kid you not, that night my wife called me to tell me we were pregnant! I was in my mid thirties and scared to death, but at the same time very happy!
Well, my daughter is now three and a half and she is the light of my life. In no way shape or form do I regret that her presence has made it impossible for me to dress at the house. Having a happy little critter yell "pappa" and run up to hug me with a huge smile on her face beats the hell out of being pretty any day.
Also, there are alternatives. You can always rent a hotel room once a month or so. I find this to be a good idea any way as I can get a room close to where I am going out. I then have no worries about the neighbors seeing me, the daughter seeing me, or making a long drive home with a few drinks in me. It's a win-win, and when I get home the next day I hear a little squeal, "Pappa", and get hugs! It just couldn't be any better than that . . .
Kim (AKA Pappa)

Wendy me
05-19-2007, 10:15 AM
way to go on your new family member coming ... hey it seams like your not going to dress again .... trust me some how you will find a way ....

Wenda
05-19-2007, 10:43 AM
I went to Mexico in 2003 to teach English with 5 days notice, took a suitcase and a carry-on. I didn't miss any of my 'stuff', not the Dodge Dually, the camaro, the cedar strip canoe, etc. None of the stuff that I had worked hard to aquire. The only thing I missed were my 4 kids and my girlfriend.
A friend died in his 40's, and I told his wife that, as a father, I could say that your life has been a success if you leave one good child behind, and he left three marvellous boys. She cried and thanked me.
Children are a blessing.
After I got married, it never occured to me to dress and dressing went into complete remission until 3 years ago. When I went into remission last fall, I packed most of my stuff into suitcases and stored them in the basement. Left some favourite shoes, lingerie etc in the closet and one drawer. At the moment, I don't have the dedication to dress fully. I wear my 2" 'work' heels when I am doing renovations, and wore my favourite #9 breast forms while painting last night and woke up with them this morning. As long as you don't traumatize anyone, don't sweat it.
I see you are a cricketter. Canada is the only part of 'the empire' that doesn't have a pro league, but we are into hockey, so to get someone to focus on priorities here, we would say, "Keep your stick on the ice and your eye on the puck!"

Dixie
05-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Congratulations but do not give up. My wife and I slowed it way down after the kids but our oldest is 12 and we are back up in a higher gear than ever before.

Shelly Preston
05-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Congratulations to you and your wife

I hope you dont have to give up completely

but I am sure the new family member will more than make up for any disappointment

Angie G
05-19-2007, 05:55 PM
The 3 best thing that eveer happend to me was my wife my 2 kids and my 7 grandkids congartulations hun and do what you must if you go from here we will miss you but you can visit us from time to time :hugs:
Angie

Alice B
05-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Having children will be one of the most wonderful events in your life and will bring you joy and emotional tests for years to come. If your wife is supportive you will still be able to dress at times. In fact you might be able to make a game of it by playing nurse (in costume) to your wife and playing house maid once in a while. You wait on her and let her tell you what she wants done. Discuss it with her and enjoy.:love: