PDA

View Full Version : Out with Painted Fingernails First time

jeri1973
05-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Last night my wife and I were talking about painting nails. She let's me paint mine at home but never out and about. She was painting her's and she suggested that I paint mine any color. I chose a blue, one of my favorite colors. As we were getting ready to run some errands this morning I got the remover going to remove the polish and she said to just leave it, she liked it. Pedicures, Panties, Earrings, Womens shorts, capris and jeans, I think she is coming around.

Just thought I'd update you all. I posted a couple of pics of my fingernails and rings.

have a great day,
Jeri

Girly Sara
05-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Love the colour, hun...a sorta turquoise colour, right?

Have fun!

Sara xxx

Mitch23
05-19-2007, 01:05 PM
my wifes only just noticed that I'm wearing clear varnish! I've had it on for nearly 4 months! I think she would have noticed your blue a little quicker!

mitch

Dixie
05-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Nice!! Acouple of shades lighter and it would match the paint on my Falcon!

Katrina
05-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Thats a cool color!

Wenda
05-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I have never thought of blue! Interesting! go girl!

Rachel Morley
05-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey, they're really nice! Great color and nice girly hands too :happy: My wife likes my nails to be painted too. She likes them to be really quite long and with a French manicure. Although in the week (because I am work) we used to remove it, but now she's taken to giving me and American manicure (ivory not white tips) and suggested I leave it on all the time - even at work. This week was my first week doing this and so far no one has noticed. :worried: I used to just have long shiny clear - but not anymore. :D

Eva Diva
05-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I have a bottle of the same blue. I just have trouble matching it with anything in my wardrobe.

Angie G
05-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Well that is goog news Jeri but don't get carried away hun :hugs:
Angie

Timberley
05-20-2007, 12:56 AM
My girlfriend painted my toenails once, almost the exact same shade. But she wouldn't let me show it off.
The next morning I had planned on going to the pool. For some reason I did't remember or see the blue nails, just threw my socks and shoes on and ran out the door.
Well, got to the pool, pulled my socks off, oh no! I was already there, and figured what ever, bee-line for the pool and get my laps done. Then I realized I had forgotten my goggles also, (it was a rough morning). Well, jumped in the water and shortly after one of the lifeguards came over, she noticed I didn't have my goggles and lent me hers.
After my laps, I got out to return her goggles, and was sitting in the life guard chair at the end of the pool. So I walked down, painted nails and all, thanked her and left. I am sure she noticed, they were bright metallic blue! But she never said anything.

My girlfriend also gave my a french manicure look on my fingers one time. But she made sure to remove it before she left, as I wanted to leave it on for work the next day.

:0)

Opie!
05-20-2007, 04:13 AM
I've been keeping my nails painted various shades of red for the past several months. I used to get questions "why are you wearing fingernail polish" to which I respond "I think it's pretty, don't you think it's pretty?" usually I get a no in response, but it pretty much ends the conversation. One person suggested I should do my toenails too, so I showed her that I already had, and that was the end of it.

I got some new purple stuff, and I absolutely hate it, it's thin, and looks like a purpleish red depending on the light in the bottle, but get it onmy nails, allow it to dry... ugly purple, like I'm a little too cold, oh well, it was only $.71 so it's not like I'm out a big amount.

I always tended to shy away from the blue, but looking at your fingers, I may just have to reconsider 8*). Very nice!

Rhonda Jean
05-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Your post brings back memories!

Soon after we were married, my wife and I started doing our toenails in matching colors. I wore the toenail polish 24/7, but when we/I polished my fingernails it was for in-home only...or so I thought!

One morning we'd just done our nails and she decided she wanted to go out for ice cream. I said, " I can't. I just did my nails!" She said, "Tha's O.K. with me!", so off we went to the Ice Cream Shop. I wore my nails very long then, too, and I'll never forget admiring my long red fingernails and matching toes on public display for the first time. Very exciting!

On a similar note, I've see several guys, particularly high school and junior high age (but some even older) openly wearing fingernail and toenail polish in public. None of them have been otherwise crossdressed. I've seen reds and blues, a few black. Two of the younger boys were with their mothers (apparently). When I've been able to get close looks, their nails are really well done. I'd suspect they were done in a nail salon. Cool trend!

JoAnnDallas
05-21-2007, 01:37 PM
One time when I came home from my monthly nail salon visit, she noticed that my nails shined a little. She asked if I had clear nail polish on and I said "Yes". She just shook her head but she did warn me no color on figures, toes are OK, since I can wear socks and cover them.

kerrianna
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Your nails look great! Love that blue colour. I bet them being blue more people will think oh he's just being flamboyant rather than he's trying to be girly, like if they were pink. But we should all just keep doing it more and more until the world gets used to it! :p

I love the "because I think they look pretty answer". And yours do look very pretty. :thumbsup:

LisaCMW
05-21-2007, 07:47 PM
That's my favorite color too! I had my toenails painted that color for a little while, then my car got painted the same color...
Your wife sounds like a great person, I'm happy for you.