PDA

View Full Version : US compared to UK experience

sandcastle
05-20-2007, 08:58 PM
What sort of differences for the average CD have people found for the two sides of the pond?

I don't have a lot of direct knowledge, but what about for starters:-

- Does the average GG have longer hair in the US? or have I just watched too many TV imports?
- I understand more are circumcised in America - does this cause problems when tucking, etc?
- More open roads to dress & drive?

hope my prejudices aren't showing.:happy:
Sandra.

marie354
05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure that there are really any differences in any people no mater where they are from, but I'll try to say something here. (As gabby as I am, I gotta say something...)

Long hair & women... I'm sure it's a personal thing... Sex, religion, whatever... Makes no difference.

Next... It makes no difference... It's not the size of the wave...

Lastly... There are country roads everywhere... Just look for them.

What can I say... People are everywhere, and they can do anything they want.

Most of the world is now basically free. (Well mostly.) The others (hopefully) will catch up.

Eva Diva
05-20-2007, 09:34 PM
What sort of differences for the average CD have people found for the two sides of the pond?

I don't have a lot of direct knowledge, but what about for starters:-

- Does the average GG have longer hair in the US? or have I just watched too many TV imports?

Without traveling to your side, I can't answer. Long hair is very common on younger girls, and tends to get cut shorter by 30.

- I understand more are circumcised in America - does this cause problems when tucking, etc?

:eek: Never thought about that one. I can't imagine that it would be a problem. When you've been that way all your life, you're used to things bouncing around inside your shorts, so I can't see any issues.

- More open roads to dress & drive?

I'd say yes. Maybe it's more important that with all this area, it's easier to get away from home and anyone who knows you. And with so many people moving around all the time, it's hard to know your neighbors, so a new face is no big deal.

hope my prejudices aren't showing.:happy:
Sandra.

No problem - that's why they call it the World Wide Web - we get to talk to people from all over the world and learn from each other.

Rachel Morley
05-20-2007, 11:38 PM
I was at one of our Sacramento Delta Girls Tri-Ess socials last night and one of the girls was lamenting about how she would love to go to London because quote: "crossdressing is really big over there, and in London especially, it's really common". This made me smile because I'm British and I go to London on a regular basis, and I have also been to New York, Las Vegas, and I go to San Francisco all the time yet I personally didn't see any difference between any of these locations. There are crossdressers there but they are not that visual as you might think when you are out and about walking the streets. I'm not sure there's any difference really. :2c:

What do others think? Am I just deluding myself? :happy:

Mitch23
05-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I've seen no evidence that crossdressing is big over here. I cant speak for london but here in the southwest there are groups that meet in the larger population towns such as plymouth and exeter but our rural population dictates that most keep their heads down and quietly get on with it.

mitch

Ruth
05-21-2007, 03:15 PM
You can find pretty well anything in London if you look around for it but I wouldn't say it was a hotbed of crossdressing. Brighton, however, is probably the UK capital for all things transgender.

Nigella
05-21-2007, 03:21 PM
This is not meant to offend anyone, but why compare the US and the UK, it is where you live that matters.

How things are in differing areas, be they a different town, county or even country, it will have very little impact on how things are for you.

I live in the "sticks", but it has not prevented me from being ME, I personally dont care how things are elsewhere, we all have difficulties of one sort or another.

Anyone remember the saying " the grass is greener"????

MJ
05-21-2007, 03:22 PM
You can find pretty well anything in London if you look around for it but I wouldn't say it was a hotbed of crossdressing. Brighton, however, is probably the UK capital for all things transgender.

and thats were i am heading when i get back :D

julie w
05-22-2007, 11:55 AM
get on a plane and check yourself !. I am in the uk at least once a year ,it all depends where you are and how you look when dressed ,some you will spot a mile away some you will not , and also who you run into , I would feel more comfortable out in nyc than brighton I was in brighton in february and there
were gangs of youths around the town center I think if I was dressed and walked buy they would off said something , it all comes down to planning where you go, there are bad places everywhere

sandcastle
05-23-2007, 08:30 AM
I really liked New York when we went there.

An en-femme night there with my SO - meal, see a play and back to a hotel - would be a little fantasy of mine.

Sandra.

Dasein9
05-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Eh, anyone have any experience of FTM's in England? I'm flying in to London and taking a train to York the first week of July. There's a gender conference, and I'm presenting a paper.

Am planning to travel en homme and so made sure I was dressed properly when I got the passport photo done.

Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated, particularly about trans issues, but other travel advice would be good too. For instance, my stomach can be touchy, so is anyone going to mind if I bring a bunch of energy bars, in case the food doesn't agree with me. (Am staying on a university campus, and so the food may well be lousy.)