PDA

View Full Version : Who, what, where, when & how

DawnL
05-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Has anyone else ever sat down and try to write a personal history as it pertains to crossdressing. I have started to do this and I am surprised at some of the things that I remember that happened, well, many years ago. Things that by themselves perhaps didn't seem all that significant but when put together formed a pattern. I wouldn't be able to post what I have written it would be way to long a post but I may try to put it on a blog or something and post a link. I found it interesting, revealing and informative.

Dixie
05-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Yes trying without much success. I keep remembering earlier incidents, like when my babysitter used to dress me like a girl to play house. She also told me I had to keep it a secret, I guess that's why I have hidden so long, but remembering that has helped me get over some of my fears and venture out.

susie evans
05-21-2007, 10:25 AM
not to worried about my history i'am trying to get more time in the futcher :heehee:got to pick up the pace :hugs:

susie

Karren H
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Good idea.... I've written down small pieces.. As part of my blog and some posts... Thinking more along the lines of a book deal and maybe a made for TV movie (pun intended).

:D

Love Karren

Rita B
05-21-2007, 12:22 PM
One of the very few advantages of getting older is that your memory for things that happened a long time seem to really come into focus. Like you can't remember what you had for breakfast, but the past comes flashing in like it was in 3D. It's truy amazing because I can recollect things that happened when I couldn't have been more than 3 years old. One thing in particular I remember is the scent of the women in my family. I loved being around them because they all smelled so nice and they were so soft and gentle. Yes, I think I could write a book too. I have done some wild and crazy things. Tell you about it someday. . .

Hugs,

Rita

lindsaycd75
05-21-2007, 01:00 PM
still working on it, what started out a a single page respned to a post on here is turning in to an autogbiography

DawnL
05-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Karren, PLEASE let us know when the book (with pictures) and the movie comes out. We will all want an autographed copy.

Linday & Rita, I know what you mean I started out to just put down some notes and the things I remembered surprised me. I am known for a poor memory. Took a memory course long time ago but kept forgetting to go.

Andi
05-21-2007, 06:04 PM
My adult children have repeatedly asked that I write down my life experiences/stories they find funny/interesting. I've started to do this but will certainly leave out the parts about me and TGing. They wouldn't find that part very funny. They'll never know about that part of Dad even after I die unless my wife tells them but I'm positive she won't.

The memories are fresh, vivid and still feel good as others have said about themselves. I just can't write them down for anyone to find except the girls in this forum. Lucky You??????

Sonia_cd
05-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Good idea.... I've written down small pieces.. As part of my blog and some posts... Thinking more along the lines of a book deal and maybe a made for TV movie (pun intended).

:D

Love Karren

Off topic I know....But Karren, can I audition for the role?? :D

Love,
Sonia

Toyah
05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
I really dont live for the past so its not for me.
I tried a to do list once you ought to have sen the state of it after 3 days:eek:

Karren H
05-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Off topic I know....But Karren, can I audition for the role?? :D

Love,
Sonia

Well sure as long as you want to play the male me (Cameo's...) becasue for sure I'm playing the female me and maybe all the other female parts as well... Ok maybe most of the female parts... hehe

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
05-21-2007, 07:08 PM
I've thought about it maybe once or twice. Problem is, for me it would probably more hysterical than historical. You wouldn't believe it. I looked pretty bad in those early days.:eek:Harpo Marx had nothing on me for sure.:heehee:

rose382832
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I've thought about it maybe once or twice. Problem is, for me it would probably more hysterical than historical. You wouldn't believe it. I looked pretty bad in those early days.:eek:Harpo Marx had nothing on me for sure.:heehee:

ive met you salandra and there is NO way you could look like any of the marx bros.:hugs:

Kate Simmons
05-22-2007, 07:14 AM
ive met you salandra and there is NO way you could look like any of the marx bros.:hugs:Thanks Rose but you've never seen me when I wake up in the morning. Definately not for the faint of heart (even as Sal).:heehee:

Gayle
05-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Seems a good idea. Despite being 64 I still look forwards rather than backwards. I have memories but will have to use records like who I was working for and when to fit in the memories.

Gayle XXX

Kathielynne
05-22-2007, 08:30 AM
I kept a diary of my adventures for years beginning with my first time out in the big world. It's at least 100 pages long. I documented what I did, where I went, what I wore (in detail), what happened, etc. Someday, I hope to write a novel about my life which will include some of these stories. I've had an interesting life so far.

"You only have two options, having fun or freaking out"

Choose fun!
:heehee:
Kathielynne

yms
05-22-2007, 11:06 AM
It's funny, but those memories, no matter how long ago (I'm into my 50s now) are some of the most vivid and detailed I have.

Good question!

Yvonne

sparks
05-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Yep thought about and still possibly going to follow through with it. I thought a journal would help ease some of the tension I go through and get some of these thoughts free from my head.
Also I was considering letting my wife read it as I go. Maybe she can gain alittle understanding and maybe forgive some of my actions.

DawnL
05-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I appreciate all the comments. My intention starting this project was not to write a novel or autobiography. I simply wanted to know if there was something in my childhood that led to me feeling the way I do or is this just the way it is. It was, and is, basically just for my own well-being.