PDA

View Full Version : Female Intuition

Di
05-21-2007, 08:47 AM
I always tried to tell my children...always go with your gut instinct...that little feeling you get.....men try to reason it away when it happens............and from the very beginning I tried to get Sher be aware and not to reason such things away...be aware of her surroundings ect. We have been running around over this long Victoria Day holiday a picnic at the park...fireworks, down at the yacht club just two girls running the roads. Last night we were taking pics...I was just into the camera...not paying attention.....Sher said...........there are two guys over there and I have an uneasy feeling.............well she was right............we have had lots of guys approach us this was the first scary time............they were watching us...started to come over to us...when we went back to the car they went back and got in their car and started following us..........So girls always be aware of your surroundings and ALWAYS listen to your feelings.....and don't reason it away.

Dixie
05-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Here here, the truth well spoken. I'm glad you guys are allright.:D:hugs::love:

battybattybats
05-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Intuition can be wrong too... I've known GG's who have ruined their lives by ignoring reason and only using intuition.. but it's better to be safe than sorry so I don't ignore it, I just don't let it rule me.

Kate Simmons
05-21-2007, 09:11 AM
I always listen to my feelings Di. Like you say, they are usually right the first time.:happy:

Karren H
05-21-2007, 10:34 AM
See... I knew you were going to say that.... :D

Hey your talking to an engineer here... So I don't have gut feelings..... Its require by law that I calculate all possible outcomes and look at things for all possible angles....

And I don't put myself in situations I can not escape safely from... And I choose my venues carefully because of that... Ohhh and I carry a hockey stick or two in my truck!!

But its always good to have someone looking out for our well being and reminding us!!.

Thanks Di!! Your too sweet!!

Love Karren

Jenny Beth
05-21-2007, 10:54 AM
On one of my very first outings with my wife I thought we were being followed and it scared the hell out of me. It turned out to be nothing but it opened my eyes to being aware of my surroundings. Unfortunately many of us get our first outings after dark in less traveled areas and this is where trouble can easily happen. I'm happy to hear that you two were able to move on without incident.

Rebecca_Annette
05-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Well spoken Di,

be we CD's or SO's, or anyone else, always be aware of what is around us! The World is an intolerant place sometimes. A scary place a lot of times.

and, hey!

Always wear clean underwear, and "trust me on the Sunscreen".

suchacutie
05-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Listen you your feelings. They might just give you the time to need to apply the logic we should all use in making serious decisions!

tina

Cindyloo
05-21-2007, 02:57 PM
I agree with you Di. I have a very good intuition and pay attention to it carefully.

TxKimberly
05-21-2007, 05:06 PM
. . . that military teaches you. Always pay attention to your surroundings and whats going on in them. ALWAYs listen to your gut and your instincts. So if it's good enough for the US Army, and its good enough for Di, it's good enough for me!

Kim

I always tried to tell my children...always go with your gut instinct...that little feeling you get.....men try to reason it away when it happens............and from the very beginning I tried to get Sher be aware and not to reason such things away...be aware of her surroundings ect. We have been running around over this long Victoria Day holiday a picnic at the park...fireworks, down at the yacht club just two girls running the roads. Last night we were taking pics...I was just into the camera...not paying attention.....Sher said...........there are two guys over there and I have an uneasy feeling.............well she was right............we have had lots of guys approach us this was the first scary time............they were watching us...started to come over to us...when we went back to the car they went back and got in their car and started following us..........So girls always be aware of your surroundings and ALWAYS listen to your feelings.....and don't reason it away.

Sonia_cd
05-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Yikes!!! Now that's scary and unnerving! Glad to hear you and Sher are ok Di.:hugs:

Completely agree with you on trusting instinct and gut feeling. The few times I've disregarded it, the consequences have not been happy. I'm a corporate attorney and still find that instinct serves me better than cold logic so many times.

Take care you two...
Love,
Sonia

Alice B
05-21-2007, 05:21 PM
You made the right decision and I'm glad it came out well. Did you try to contact the police and give them a description of the other car?:hugs:

Di
05-21-2007, 06:53 PM
. . . that military teaches you. Always pay attention to your surroundings and whats going on in them. ALWAYs listen to your gut and your instincts. So if it's good enough for the US Army, and its good enough for Di, it's good enough for me!

Kim

Thanks ladies for your replys ...I always try to pass on stuff we ladies have ingrained in us................And Kimberly...hon you made me giggle...thanks:hugs:

NatalieGirl
05-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I agree completely, Di. There have been several times when I disregarded my gut instincts, and I always regretted it later.

Stlalice
05-21-2007, 07:18 PM
What Kimberly described is called in the military "situational awareness" and it is one of the most highly prized character traits of any that the military looks for. For a very simple reason - it tends to keep you alive. One of the best rules of thumb is if something in a situation doesn't feel or look right then it's NOT right and raising your alert level makes sense. ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings and whats going on around you.

Each of the last 2 years it has been my sad duty to read the list of names of trans folk who have died violently in that year due to hate or prejudice - It is a depressing and somber service we hold on or close to Nov. 20 each year called Transgender Day of Remembrance aka TDOR - my private dread is that one day I'll end up reading the name of someone I know from here or elsewhere. Be aware - be safe - You can still have loads of fun! :2c:

Kerry Owens
05-21-2007, 07:25 PM
True, if the situation does not feel right...it isn't! Pay attention that little feeling it's time to cut and run, and survive!

Jodi
05-21-2007, 07:36 PM
I learned very early inlife to trust my gut instinct. It has saved me many times. Yes, I also reason, but my instinct is first and foremost.

As a retired Army combat arms officer, I completely agree with the "situation awareness" stated above. I commanded line combat troops in the far east, and my gut instinct is the reason that I am here today.

I still rely on my instinct when out enfemme. Some of my cd friends think I am paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

Jodi

rose382832
05-21-2007, 08:01 PM
glad to hear that the two of you made it out ok. other than that how was home for the long weekend? went to rainbow mountain, much safer.

Eva Diva
05-21-2007, 08:24 PM
A long time ago, someone taught me to always avoid trouble when possible, but when it's necessary, drive the threat to helplessness. Just because I'm in high heels, that doesn't mean I won't knock your chicklets down your throat if you mess with me. I'd rather be arrested for assault and battery than take a beatin' from some goobers. :D

If I had a lady with me, I'd have to consider other options.

JacquiUKTV
05-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Being a "yin-yang" person myself, as regards both my gender-identity and the way I play my game of life (musician/electronics eng.) : there have been not a few moments in the past when "he" said "yes" and "she" said "no". I'm not talking here about "being out" but about other situations in my "straight life"...to do with business etc. The simple factual truth is that when I've allowed my male logic to override my female intuition I've (we've) usually....in fact, truth to tell, ALWAYS..... been wrong. So...older and (I hope) wiser, my vote is for intuition every time.
Thank you for this thread Di....:hugs: Jacqui.

trannie T
05-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Much of the time "intuition" is little more than observation and experience. If you are aware of your surroundings you will automatically come to conclusions regarding your safety, call it intuition if you wish but it is based in logical thought.

Joy Carter
05-21-2007, 11:00 PM
It's really to bad we live in world such as this when two respectable ladies can't go out. :worried:

brenya
05-22-2007, 12:44 AM
gut feelings are an amazing thing and they can save your life, if anybody is interested I'm reading a book rite now on the subject, I highly recommend it http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Fear-Gavin-Becker/dp/0440226198

GACountrygal
05-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Intuition is the best thing to rely on.

The few times I havent followed my insticts had dire consequences (one being a bad auto wreck)

Situational awareness will save your life and its something that needs to be part of everyday doings.

Di, its great to hear you and Sher are alright!!

Oh, and I figured out why Sher looks so familiar! She looks like Rachel Ray!!

:hugs:
Nic

faltenrock
05-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Yes Di GG,

I'm alwayes on my own, when out dressed. In fact, I think I'm extremely watchful, paying attention to everything surrounding me. I don't want to get into a bad situation. If something dangerous or strange will happen to me, I know I'll be in a strong male mode.

Kelsy
05-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Thanks Di

I afraid I have always been alittle nieve when I comes to intuition. I have never really been afraid for my saftey of course that is in male mode. As a gurl should I be more careful??:sad:

Jennifer

Kerry Owens
05-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Absolutely if you're in gurl mode, do not take chances with your life. Pay attention to that little trouble detector and if goes bing....leave!

Lanore
05-26-2007, 07:04 PM
One of the things I love about feeling female inside is the way I react to every situation. I don't try and put a male or female label on it. I know I'm more female than male and that's good enough for me.

Lanore

Fab Karen
05-27-2007, 01:40 AM
I've always had a good intuition. At moments of something being dangerous ( whether mild or deadly ) the feeling has come on strong ( "don't go that way/ don't do that" ) and even when unsure of what direction I need to head to get somewhere, if I move the wrong direction, I start feeling it before I can see evidence. It's best to listen instead of asking yourself why you're feeling it.

MoonBaby GG
05-27-2007, 01:10 PM
gut feelings are an amazing thing and they can save your life, if anybody is interested I'm reading a book rite now on the subject, I highly recommend it http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Fear-Gavin-Becker/dp/0440226198

Oh yes! That is an excellent book. My martial arts instructor gave it to me as an "assignment" several years ago. :thumbsup:

Morgan3705
05-28-2007, 09:23 PM
In the job I had in the military (bomb squad) we listen to those feelings all the time. (Especially in Iraq these days) One instructor once called it our "Spider Senses", after Spiderman.