PDA

View Full Version : "Why would God make me this way?"

MJ
05-21-2007, 09:48 AM
the television show is on this week here is the press Release

For immediate release May 17, 2007

"Why would God make me this way?"

360 Vision examines the struggles of transgender individuals - and visits a church that embraces themTo view 360 Vision clips, visit www.youtube.com/visiontvcanada

It is a secret they kept from their families for years.

Lisa and Marissa are transgender men - born in male bodies, yet possessing a female identity. They don't want to hide their true selves anymore. But finding acceptance can be heartrendingly difficult.

On its next edition, VisionTV's Gemini Award-nominated current affairs series 360 Vision examines the struggles that transgender individuals experience in their daily lives, and visits a church in Ontario that has opened its doors - and its heart - to this community.

The program airs on Wednesday, May 23 at 10 p.m. ET, and repeats on Monday, May 28 at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Lisa, now 54, spent most of her life struggling with her sense of self: Born a boy named Larry, but feeling like a girl, Larry was married for 10 years and had a son, but never shed the feeling that he should have been a woman. "I was actually very angry at God," Lisa tells 360 Vision's Janet Aronoff. "Why did you do this to me? Why me?"

Marissa was Paul, a police officer in England. Paul guarded his secret from fellow officers, from his wife of more than 20 years, and from his three children. When the truth finally came out, it cost him his marriage and his family.

The price of coming out as transgender can be almost unbearably high: rejection and ridicule, the loss of families, friends and jobs, and severe depression. Help is not always easy to find.

Some churches, however, have sought to reach out. Centenary United Church (www.centenaryunited.com) in Hamilton, Ont., for one, provides a place where members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community can pray together and be their true selves.

"God's love is without condition," says Rev. Wayne Irwin of Centenary United. "It's not dependent on behaviour, it's not dependent on how good we are. God's love is dependent on how good God is."

360 Vision is the only weekly Canadian television program that probes the intersection of spirituality and daily events. Its mandate is to give viewers a compass to help them to navigate the diverse and complex world of belief.

For more news and information on 360 Vision, please visit www.visiontv.ca.

channel guide

Province City Cable Provider Channel
Alberta Calgary Shaw Communications 91
Edmonton Shaw Communications 93
British Columbia Kamloops Shaw Communications 48
Kelowna Shaw Communications 51
Vancouver Shaw Communications 70
Telus 156
Victoria Shaw Communications 84
Manitoba Winnipeg Shaw Communications 51
New Brunswick Fredericton Rogers Cablesystems Limited 21
Moncton Rogers Cablesystems Limited 45
Newfoundland/Labrador St. John's Rogers Cablesystems Limited 21
Labrador City CRRS TV 50
Northwest Territories Northwestel Cable Incorporated 33
Nova Scotia Halifax Eastlink Cable 28
Sydney Eastlink Cable 58
Glace Bay Seaside Communications 58
Ontario GTA Rogers Cablesystems Limited 60
Ottawa Rogers Cablesystems Limited 61
Thunder Bay Shaw Communications 25
PEI Charlottetown Eastlink Cable 35
Quebec Montreal West Videotron ltee 76
Saskatchewan Saskatoon Shaw Communications 51
Moose Jaw Shaw Communications 22
Regina Access Communications 16
Yukon Northern Television Systems 31
Where Available Where Available Bell ExpressVU 261
Starchoice 394
VISIONTV CHANNEL GUIDE FOR MAJOR CITIES

I will up load the program to mega download for everyone to see

the link :-- **sometime thursday after it airs**

Siobhan Marie
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Marissa, thank you so much for sharing that, I'd love to see it. :hugs:

:hugs: Anna x

Toyah
05-21-2007, 11:59 AM
I guess just another reason to supose that God is a myth brought about by those who want to suffer, and make others suffer as well

Denielleinheels
05-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I want to see it...my fiance' watched something similar (if not the same show) a few weeks ago. She said it was very insiteful.

StephanieH
05-21-2007, 02:35 PM
I'd like to see that one as well. Unfortunately, we don't get that channel down here in the deep south, hope it will end up on the internet somehow. Thanks for the news. :D

trannie T
05-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Reminds me of the old story: Two men are talking, the first says, "God made me a homosexual." The second replies, "Do you think he could make one for me too?"

Joy Carter
05-21-2007, 10:46 PM
I guess just another reason to suppose that God is a myth brought about by those who want to suffer, and make others suffer as well

Toyah you haven't read much on the subject. Otherwise you wouldn't make such a comment.:rolleyes:

Melanie R
05-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Merissa,

What you have done with this television documentary is so very important. Hopefully it will educate other churches who in the past have been intolerant and ignorent about transgendered persons. My eyes are still teary after hearing a beautiful couple last Saturday describe to me how they were told never to come on the grounds of their church of 12 years with a restraining order placed on them by the church. This occured because Charlynne began her transitioning from male to female. When you consider how the Pharasees treated and rejected Jesus, one can understand the intollerance of the 2007 Pharisees in many churches.

Hugs,

Melanie

dabs
05-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Mj! You have been very amazing to me these last few weeks! I really appreciate everything you have done for me in giving me the confidance to go out in public! Its a huge step, as many of you can remember! I greatly enjoy talkin to you and look forward to future talk with you! You have been a true inspiration to me and I just can't find the words to show just how much to thank you!

Thanks again TRUELY,
ASHLEY :<3:

Kelsy
05-22-2007, 05:49 AM
MJ

I believe there is a reason for everything. There are no mistakes. We all have a path to follow. To love others as we would want to be loved and to find our place in the sun! Thanks MJ:hugs:

Jennifer:happy:

Tamera
05-22-2007, 05:54 AM
God wanted me to have the best of BOTH worlds.
LOL
Tamera

Teresa Amina
05-22-2007, 06:01 AM
I guess just another reason to supose that God is a myth brought about by those who want to suffer, and make others suffer as well

Gotta be careful with those gods- some have a strange sense of humor :worship::evilbegon