PDA

View Full Version : Weekend outing for JoAnn

JoAnnDallas
05-21-2007, 10:31 AM
This is a long post, so bare with me.

This has been some weekend for me. It all started back last Tuesday. My sister is moving to Houston, TX, so wife and I have been helping her pack. So last Tuesday, they decided to have a garage sale this past weekend. Wife said she would stay at my sister’s house Thursday evening and Friday evening, to help in the garage sale. It is about 45 minutes one way so wife thought it would be easier just to stay than the travel back and forth. This meant that I could let JoAnn come out of the closet for a couple of evenings.

Thursday Evening:

Wife and I had been to WalMart the previous Monday evening and she noticed that they had some new skorts. So I went over in drab mode and checked out the skorts. As usual they had them racked along with matching tops. I kinda like this approach, it makes it easier. I found a really cute skort, beige in color and a matching beige colored top. I decided that since I was getting a new outfit, new earrings were in order. I wander over to the jewelry section and found a great pair of clip on earrings that went great with the outfit. Also picked a new watch, since my other fem watch had stopped on me a while back. It is cheaper just to buy a new one, than to get the battery changed out. LOL. I am walking back toward the front and I pass by the shoe department. Then the little voice in my head said, “New outfit needs new shoes”. So I stop and browse the shoes and find a nice pair of 2.5” black pumps that just said, “Buy me”. After putting the shoes in the basket, I remembered that I some more baby wipes and makeup. Remember girls, I am wandering around in drab, holding clothing up against me, trying on low heels, buying makeup and no one is paying any attention to me. Twice I had a female WalMart SA walk past me. Once while I was looking at the skorts and once while I was trying on shoes. Also other customers are shopping around me too and none paid any attention to me either. I saved the best part for last. I get up to the checkout and start putting all these items on the conveyer. The checkout girl, who looked about 30 something, picks up the skorts and says, “Cute skirt”. I looked at her and said, “It is a skort”. She looks closer and then notices the matching top. She then says, “Oh, nice top”. So I decided to have a little fun and out myself, so I replied that I hoped it fit, I had loss some weight in the last few months. It sinks in what I just said, and she looks at all the fem items and then smiles backs at me. She says, “You still have great fashion sense and if it doesn't fit, I sure you can exchange it”. As she continues to ring me up, she chats away like I’m just another female customer. As I start to leave, she then says, “Have a nice evening, dear”. I replied, “You too sweetie”. By this time it is getting late, so when I got home, I start supper, try on the skort, top, and heels, they all fit, then change into my nightgown, take the price tags off everything, and settle in and watch some TV before bedtime.

Friday Evening:

I get a phone call at work; wife wants me to bring her some more clothes. It seems a car hit the mirror on the driver side and broke it off, so she needs to take the car to the Toyota dealer to get it fixed. So gather up items, and go over to my sister’s house and spend the night there. No JoAnn time tonight. LOL

Saturday Evening:

So after helping with the garage sale, packing boxes, and etc, I leave for home. I am scheduled for an early morning Instrument flying lesson Sunday. Now I have a chance to get all dressed up, so I shower, shave, put panties, pantyhose, and bra on. I then put my makeup on, blush, and powder. Once that is all dry, I put the skort and top on, then the wig, earrings, watch, and lipstick. I walk into the bedroom, sit down and put my new low heels on. Walk back into the bathroom where the full-length mirror is and look at myself. I pickup my purse, put my cell phone, keys, and billfold in it. Check my hair and makeup one more time and open the front door and step out. I decided to take a stroll around the block. I walk pass a man getting something out of his car. He looks up at me, nods his head and smiles. I look at him and smile and keep on walking. I make the block feeling really great, so I decided to take some pictures of me in my new outfit. Then its take off the makeup, put my clothes away, on with the nightgown, and to bed.

Sunday Evening:

It just so happens that my Tri-Ess group is having their board meeting from 2-4, so I decided that after I finish flying, I’ll mow the grass, take a shower, get dressed in my skort and top and go to the board meeting. No sooner that I land and wife calls on cell phone, she has accidentally disconnected my sister’s VOIP phone system and can not get it to work again. Also she needs me to take down some curtain rods. So I go home, get my tools, and drive over to my sisters. I figure out the VOIP phone issue and take down the curtain rods. Then we go out to lunch, come back, and I finish up packing the garage. So going to the board meeting is out. I leave late in the afternoon, drive home. As I am driving home, I notice I need to fill up the SUV. So when I got home, I mowed the grass, took a shower, got all dressed up in my new skort and top, full makeup including perfume, new heels, watch, and earrings. I drive over to my favorite Shell station. Get out and start filling up the SUV. My conference level has been going up over the last couple of days, so when I was finished filling up, I reached into the SUV, got my purse and walked to the convenient store part of the Shell station. The only other time I have been around others was HEF 2006. Then too it was a CD convention, so I was around other sisters. Her I am all by myself, so it’s seeing if I pass or not time. LOL So I slowly walk to the store, open the door, go in, and a Hispanic gentleman was at the counter talking the attendant. They stopped talking; both looked at me, and then went back talking. Pass 1 for me. I walk to the back, get a cold water, and walk to the counter. The Hispanic gentleman is leaving and the attendant gives me his full attention. He rings it up, says it’s $1.09, I give him $2.00, he gives me change, and says, “Have a nice evening MAMM”. Pass 2 for me. As I turn to go out, a GG comes in the door. I stop and we stare at each other, she quickly scans me from head to foot with her eyes, I do the same, and we both then smile at each other. We walk past each other and I exit the store. Pass 3 for me. As I approach my SUV, there is a gentleman putting gasoline in his car. He glances at me and then goes back filling up his car. Pass 4 for me. I get in my SUV and as I drive home, I’m on cloud nine.

Girls, I used everything that I learned from all my sisters here on the forum that have gone out and interacted with other people. As I walked from the SUV to the convenient store, I told myself, “You can do this, just be yourself and act like you do this all the time”. It works; I even passed when the GG checked me out.

Monday Evening:

I need to check with the wife and see if her car is ready or not. The Toyota Dealer did say it might be Tuesday before they had it ready. If so then the saga will continue. There is a Payless shoe store with a ROSS right next door to it that I would love to check out en fem. LOL

Emily Ann Brown
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
WAY TO GO SIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily Ann

Karren H
05-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I concure with Emily!!! You da Woman!!

Love Karren

lindsaycd75
05-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Congrats. and if your Toyota dealer is like ours it will be wendsday lol The only thing that kept me from buying a toyota when i bought my truck this weekend was the dealer.

JoAnnDallas
05-21-2007, 01:23 PM
We must have gotten a good one. It is a 1997 Corlia with almost 290,000 miles on it. Still orginal engine and transmission. It is now starting to show signs of coming to it's end without major major investment, so we are starting to look at trading it in on a new car.

JoAnnDallas
05-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Just found out that wife's car is not ready yet, but wife and sister are coming over and bringing some stuff to store in our garage, like we really need that. Since it takes me a good 40-45 minutes to get all ready and they may not get there until after 7PM, I may not get a chance to goto Payless or Ross, since they close at 9PM. Oh well there are always the convienent stores LOL.