PDA

View Full Version : Hair!

Monica Thames
02-28-2005, 06:32 AM
I feel a bit guilty about asking advice when I've not really offered much to the board yet, but I'm selfish like that. ;)

Because I am a poor student (sorta), it's becoming increasingly evident to me that I shall not be able to purchase a wig any time before hell freezes over, so I've decided to go the alternative route: using my own hair.

I'm after something fairly unisex (not something that'll get me beat up in the streets), but I simply suck at choosing styles, so I thought I'd pose the question to you lot and see what I could find based on that. I dunno how good you lot are at hair which doesn't come from a store, but any advice would be nice.

I quite like having my hair longer than most guys; I find it more comfortable. My problem is my hair's quite fine, and I suffer from an irritating double crown, so styling's pretty tough. Attatched should be a pic of me so you know how my face is shaped.

I hope it's not out of place for me to ask this here, but I'm getting desperate for something good for my head for both of my genders.

DanaJ
02-28-2005, 08:57 AM
I would suggest seeing a professional hairdresser. Even though you say you are poor, it wil pay off big in the long run. Just tell your stylist what you want, and they can create something for you and show you how to maintain it...

DanaJ

Maddie Knight
02-28-2005, 05:31 PM
I agree with dana, go to a good hairdresser and tell them what you want they will be able to cut your hair so you can wear it girly or manly. don't be embaraced to tell them they have probably hear it all befor.

Amelie
02-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Wear a hat, like Boy George wears.

Priscilla1018
02-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Wear a hat, like Boy George wears.

Amelie Jeez, :rolleyes:

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Priscilla1018
02-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi Monica,

I once had hair halfway down my back. I bet I upset a lot of guys when they passed me on the highway and saw the full beard. I am now growing my hair back again after shaving my head for a number of years. I agree that a professional will give you the look you want.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla