PDA

View Full Version : First time coming out, part 2

MistyCD
02-28-2005, 07:45 AM
sorry for the double post, but I had to make a few changes... :)

As I said earlier in my first post, this is for the newbies....The girls who want to step out in public and are scared, and they are afraid that the little steps that they take may seem stupid and ridiculous. They are not!!!! Sorry for all the detail, but I want to go into detail, and make this a true learning experience.

After my initial coming out, I had more of them.... Sooner or later, when it
comes to shopping trial and error and lots of returns makes you smarter, as
does keeping the sears catalogs showing measurements and corresponding sizes for clothing....

I initially started purchasing my pantyhose from the FW Wolworths 5 and 10 cent stores. For those unfamiliar with wolworths or 5 and dime, this was a small chain of stores that propigated the USA during the early 1900 to about 1990, that sold inexpensive items, clothing, dishes, plastic models, toys, gold fish, shoes etc. cheap. It was a modern day mini mall in one building. During the 1900's thru the great depression of the 1930's most items sold were 5 to 10 cents, hence the name They had pantyhose, and tights really cheap, about 75 cents a pair and sometimes 2 pairs for a $1, where as a department store sold Hanes pantyhose for $7 a pair.
Trial and error and looking at the chart on the back of the hose led me to the
correct sizes. Sometimes I would ask if I could return them if they were the
wrong size. I saved the department stores for purchasing leotards, and slips. I have always loved slips, especially the black, and dark navy blue colored. JC Penny's had a dark navy blue one called a 'dress liner' that I loved but could not get one. I was not too crazy about white ones, the color my mother wore.
The main department store for shoes before shoe town was the Two Guys store. It was like the Walmart of today. You would meander thru the store and happen accidentally (or purposely) into the Ladies Shoe dept.
Now they never had a sign comparing mens sizes versus ladies sizes. But I did
find something odd that I could never explain. I wear a size 10 mens shoe, but as long as I purchased a Sandal, high heeled or flat, I could wear a size 10 womens shoe as well!!!

After Two Guys went out of business, I went to ShoeTown, and again it was out of town for me, so I didn't have to worry about being discovered by the neighbors or friends of the family. Again, when my parents went on vacation, which was once a year, I would stock up on shoes. I usually did my nails to make them pretty and wore nude pantyhose with them. I went into the store wearing long pants and sneakers on, and wandered thru the Ladies section. The shoes were on racks, like payless, but the quality was much better. I would take a pair that I thought would fit and take them up to the sales ladies. I would then ask them if I could try them on. They usually did not have any problem with that, and I took them to the back of the room and sat down and slipped them on. I would then walk around in them looking for those
mirrors that they have to see how good the looked.
Well, one time I was walking thru a shop and I strolled up to a woman, I was
wearing high heels, and I took another pair off the rack and slipped the new
ones on while she stood there looking at me, her jaw practically dropped to the floor. Other times I waited until some women were strolling up and down the isles looking for shoes, they would turn the corner and see me, a guy trying on high heels!!!! :) Oh what an exciting feeling that was !!!

During the same time frame, I went to the local Mcdonalds restaurant, I was in my short pants and I had polished my toenails to a bright cherry red color. I wore my sneakers into the restaurant and sliped into some white strappy flat
sandals afterwards.....Now remember this is part of the small steps that each of us take, that's why the detail.

Well, there was this shop called Rainbow that specialized in low cost women's
clothing. I just had to go in there with my white sandals on and look for some
pretty slips and dresses to buy. So here I am already parked and ready to get out of the car. As I get out and close the door, I spot another car coming. Damn, it's a cop! Now what do I do? Well, I didn't want to get back in the car and draw attention to myself, so I walked to the back of the car and opened the trunk and started rummaging thru all the junk I had in the back. Well, since there were plenty of other cars parked nearby ( hint hint hint....cars help to block views) and people doing the same, I looked like another shopper and the cop drove right by without even looking at me. Whew. Well, I waited a few more minutes and then walked into the store.
Well a few of the teenyboopers started to giggle at me but I did manage to buy a half slip, camisole and a dress for myself. I did not try that on in the store as I was not ready yet. With white strappy flats on and polished toes, the sales ladies knew darn well who I was buying the clothes for....Another exciting adventure, but It continues....
Driving back to grandma's house (sorry no reindeer in this story, LOL) I had to
drive thru a semi industrial area, that was near the NJ turnpike. Lots of ware-
houses, refineries, etc. Well, I saw this pickup truck with a sign on it, and
one person, a young girl was selling hot dogs and drinks on a dirt/gravel parking lot next to a big oil storage tanks of the nearby refinery.
I circled around and decided to stop and get a soda. So I
got out of the car, after parking it at least 50 feet away, so
I had to walk, and be in full view of the girl while wearing my womens shoes.
She was wearing wedge platform sandals on and she sure noticed my shoes. I asked her how much a soda was and bought one. I saw her looking at me feet and I said to her, "I like your sandals, where did you get them". She gave me the name of a store in the mall, and I told her that I had just gotten my new sandals and asked her what she though of them. We chatted for a few minutes. She let me look at her shoes and I even tried one of them on.
Now I have always had a foot fetish concerning womens feet and I really
wanted to kneel before her and beg to kiss them, (yes I know the ground was gravel, but hey sacrifices had to be made) but just right then a big giant 18 wheeler stopped and the driver got out to buy his lunch...Man, what rotten luck!!! I had to leave at that point, and unfortunately I did not see the girl again, only a sign put up by the refinery, Private property, no parking!!!!

More to come... :)

Tristen Cox
03-01-2005, 03:30 AM
That's quite a continuation. You've got alot a lot of courage I must say. Here I am frieghtened to go into Payless and sneak my shoes when no one's looking. Oh but I buy them outright. I just try to pretend I'm not really there, Yes a bit silly yet it works for the two minutes it takes to make my purchase. I don't think my heart is ready to try anything on in the store yet, not without a spare set of jumper cables :eek: lol

*hugs*
Tristen