PDA

View Full Version : I am now on a new level

JoAnnDallas
05-23-2007, 09:35 AM
In my last post, I said that after buying a new outfit the night before, I got all dressed up in my new outfit, went to my favorite Shell station and filled up the SUV. I then crossed over to a higher level of CDing by walking into the store and buying a bottle of water. I consider this to be my first real public outing. Yes I did go to HEF2006 and have been to Tri-Ess meetings, but here your with others like yourself and there is something about safety in numbers and you do tend to get lost in the crowd. This time I was on my own. No other CD to support me. As it turned out, I PASSED, even PASSED a GG test. That is she looked me over and I looked her over and then we smiled at each other. Well the next night I did the same thing at a 7/11. Again I PASSED. I even watched from my SUV to see if there was any reaction and could not detect anything different. Then last night, I deceided to take it up another notch. I got all dressed up and arrived at a local PayLess Shoe Store around 7PM. It was still daylight and as I walked to the store two ladies with two little kids walked in in front of me. One of the attendents looked up and said "Welcome ladies". As I was looking at the shoes another attendent walked by and said "let me know if you need any help". I smiled and in my fem voice said "thank you". This was the first time I used my fem voice with a non-CDer. I walked around trying on shoes, miggling with the other customers. Once I even said "Excuse me" as these two ladies were blocking the alise. They both looked at me, let me pass, and went back to their chit-chat and shopping. I found the cuties pair of 2.5" slingbacks. I tryed them on and as I was looking at myself in the mirror, one of the attendents walked by and said, "Oh, those are so cute and they go great with your outfit". I looked at her and said "they do don't they". She smiled and went on her way. So I bought them. I was in the store for over 30 minutes and again I guess I PASSED, since no one paid any attention to me and I did not detect any wide eye expression or any negitive comment.
So I have now offically gone out shopping en fem and it felt great. I can not believe how much I have advanced my CDing over the last 2 years. I can say that all the advice, support, encouragement, and praise I have received from my Tri-Ess sisters and all of you here on this forum and other forums played a major roll in helping me achieve this level of CDing.

Thank you all very much....

Dixie
05-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Uh Oh We've created a Monster!:heehee: You go gurl!!!!:drink:

TxKimberly
05-23-2007, 10:07 AM
DOH! And another Tgirl is set loose upon the world! Jo Ann, those first steps you just took are probably the hardest. Now that you have done it and know the world doesn't come crashing down on you, your going to have a lot of fun!
Next thing you know you will be getting your car stuck on curbs or towed! LOL (Sorry, a little humor at my own expense there)

Kim

Emily Ann Brown
05-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Or maybe for Miss JoAnn to dress at lunch in the company handicap bathroom stall ?????????????????

Emily Ann

RobertaFermina
05-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Welcome Into the Daylight, JoAnn !

Nobody got hurt, somebody had fun, and you have the shoes to prove it!
There's a name for Joy that comes with Fear ....... EXCITEMENT!

May that excitement (and reliving it) tide you over until the fear (or edginess) relaxes and you find GRACE, the simple joy in being yourself, wherever life takes you.

With Joy and Admiration,

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Karren H
05-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Or maybe for Miss JoAnn to dress at lunch in the company handicap bathroom stall ?????????????????
Emily Ann

Hey!! I heard that!!! Everyone wants to be a comedian!!!

That's great Joann... This level's getting kind of crowded though... Maybe we should push Emly off.. See what happens when she hits ......

Hehe

Love Karren

faltenrock
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Congratulations,

I alwayes rememberthat special feelings, because every time I go out it's the same new old wonderful feeling. That's one great thing with CD, most emotions that we experience change after the first few times, but getting out dressed is just great.

Doreen

Mitch23
05-23-2007, 12:37 PM
attagirl!!! i know exactly how you feel because that is just where i am at the moment. doesn't it feel great when you can mix and mingle and just enjoy the experience. you may have times when it doesnt go so well and you dont feel great about yourself but the more you do it and the less you'll care - you stop feelinglike a guy in a dress and start feeling like a girl! Unfortunately i didnt find any shoes - i like yours by the way.

When i was last out i had a conversation with a GG who didnt read me at all and i passed 3 Big Issue Sellers (you prolly dont have them in the US) and got 2 x Big Issue, Miss? and a Big Issue, Sir? Not a clean sheet but on the way!

mitch

JoAnnDallas
05-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Karren Hutton said

That's great Joann... This level's getting kind of crowded though... Maybe we should push Emly off.. See what happens when she hits ......

As tweety bird once said, "Did the mean old putty tat fall down and go BOOM".

Dixie
05-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Give her a year and she'll be postin' up pics like Karren, I think we might even get to witness a little friendly rivalery.

Jenna1561
05-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Way to go girl! Being out and about is great; you spoke to several people, found a cute pair of shoes and had fun. That's a success in anyone's book.

Jenna

Brianna Lovely
05-23-2007, 01:21 PM
How wonderful for you Joann. It's so nice to be out, just being yourself and being accepted by those you meet.

Rita B
05-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey, it's good for the economy. More TGirls shopping yea!

Rita

Rachel Morley
05-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Awesome news JoAnn YGG! I have climbed back on the horse after my recent "non nail salon event" and I went out for the first with me en femme on my own! However, it was only to Walmart, and I used their self checkout... see.... I'm not even in your league :D

Sheri 4242
05-24-2007, 12:28 AM
JoAnn:

Major congrats! You have entered a realm of wonderful liberation! As Roberta said, "welcome into the daylight."

Not to worry, Karren . . . IMHO you "are" our resident comedian and are without equal! This site wouldn't be what it is without your wit and wisdom!

Carin's Wife GG
05-24-2007, 12:29 AM
it must make you feel so wonderful to do this!

Louise.

Cindyloo
05-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Congrats JoAnne. I'm impressed that you were able to go out and mingle with non cd people and even talk with them enfemme.

Cindy

Alice B
05-24-2007, 01:09 AM
That's great that you are getting out and feel free to do so. I have yet to make that step, but I'm getting close. You give me strength, so thank you.:hugs:

TxKimberly
05-25-2007, 02:40 PM

Hehe

Love Karren

ROFL
Kim

joann07
05-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Bravo JoAnn!
Again, its great to hear about another outing like this.
Now that you've jumped that hurdle, its a piece-of-cake the rest of the way.
One thing I gotta warn you about going out, is that its soooooo addictive. :heehee:
Lookout ladies! JoAnn has arrived. :thumbup:

Congrats!

JoAnnDallas
05-25-2007, 03:58 PM
It has taken me two years to get to this level.

From taking a walk around the outside of the house. (House sites on cornor of block), to driving around neighborhood, to filling up SUV, buying a new outfit at Walmart (in DRAB), to buying bottle of water in convienent store, to buying a pair of shoes at Payless Shoe Store.

Back in 2005, I don't think I would have believed that I would be buying shoes in a Payless shoe Store with other customer around me en-fem. LOL

next adventures.......most likely a Ross or Kholes. Since both are like mini-department stores but not as crowded. Then something like a Walmart or Traget. Then the brass ring.....THE MALL....

joann07
05-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Great! Take it one step at a time.
I remember when I first officially went out, not too long ago, I was with an experienced CDer. She took me under her wings and brought me to the thrift store, the Mall, and to a restaurant. I was a little bit nervous, but I had a great time. She was very encouraging and made me feel confident in myself.
After that day, I've gone out solo several times and now I'm not that nervous anymore.

Best of luck on your new adventures.

MichelleGray502
05-25-2007, 10:32 PM
way to go Joann you are well on your way lov, it's gets easier the more times you do it lov keep up the great work lov.

Alice Torn
05-26-2007, 01:09 AM
As there is the fun, and positive, there are the not so enjoyables, ying, and yang, night and day, two sides to a coin, sweet, and bitter. My first outing, was driving , going to three gas stations, at night, in a strange town. Great! The next night, I got followed by a cop, when I was walking late, then pulled over, in my car! The next day, dressed all day long, walking around several towns. One guy called me sir, and had me jump start his car. He told his kids not to look!! You had a positve experience, but, be prepared, they will not always be so positve. Maybe most of the time. That sounded exciting! Easy does it, though!

Kristen Kelly
05-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Sounds like you should have bought a pink pair of running shoes for you are off and running. 95% of my experiences with the public have been positive, and confidence and the feeling you belong there helps alot.

Mitch23
05-26-2007, 09:19 AM
As there is the fun, and positive, there are the not so enjoyables, ying, and yang, night and day, two sides to a coin, sweet, and bitter. My first outing, was driving , going to three gas stations, at night, in a strange town. Great! The next night, I got followed by a cop, when I was walking late, then pulled over, in my car! The next day, dressed all day long, walking around several towns. One guy called me sir, and had me jump start his car. He told his kids not to look!! You had a positve experience, but, be prepared, they will not always be so positve. Maybe most of the time. That sounded exciting! Easy does it, though!

even those experiences are part of that learning curve - looking back on them they are so funny!! I can picture you en femme in the bonnet of this guys car with the kids cowering in the back!!

mitch