PDA

View Full Version : An update and a surprise first outing!

Nicole
05-24-2007, 03:59 AM
The analogy linking transgenderism to "a second adolescence" is correct. When I first joined this forum, I was in kindergarten. My enthusiasm was over the top. I felt nervous and excited and depressed all at the same time. My first few (now cringe-worthy) posts reflected an explosive emotional state. Too much girlyness and smilies and rambling thoughts all over the place. I couldn't help it. It was all I could do to hang on to my (then crumbling) reality.

Today I feel like a 3rd grader. No more emotional histrionics. I do my homework every night, I can tie my own shoes (or is that buckle the heels?), and I make passing grades. I'm a good little student. My enthusiasm has not convinced the older 5th and 6th graders to hang out with me, but at least they watch my back.

Now that I have a routine that seems to be working, the next step is embracing the TG community in a greater capacity and going out once in a while. My supportive wife is on board with this. In fact, she is taking me out for a surprise pedicure this weekend, en femme! I am SO excited! This is the perfect stepping stone for the two of us to take!

Still, there is much work to be done inside and out. I am not certain of where I fit on the TG spectrum, and as a couple we are also figuring out where Karen can exist without jeopardizing our union. It will take more soul searching and real-world experience to find out. Right now my guy/girl modes are "compartmentalized" for different occasions and that seems to be fine for now. This "second phase" is going about as well as I would ever have imagined it. :D

kerrianna
05-24-2007, 06:07 AM
Oh you lucky girl! You're being taken for a pedicure by your lovely partner. En femme no less! How absolutely thrilling. :happy: Enjoy every second hon. :hugs:

And get them to put a couple of little gemstones on a toe or two. Carol had it done last summer and I couldn't stop looking at them.

:heehee:...you've given me an idea for a birthday present to ask for.

Glad to hear you're making some passing (omg, pun not intended) grades. Enjoy as many moments along the journey as you can, hon, because life's not always about the destination. We all end up at the same station anyway. It's how we get there that counts.

You must post pics of your pretty toes later. :D

:hugs::love:

Holly
05-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Karen, I'm so thrilled that things are going well for you and your wife. It shows that there is a commitment on both your parts. If you've never had a pedi before, well, you're going to LOVE IT! Just for the record, I think third grade is a bit harsh on yourself... maybe more like junior high:D. You are seeking to find those elements that make up the whole you and reaching out to make friends and more fully explore the world around you. Thanks for letting us be part of your adventure.

Di
05-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Congrats....and I'd agree with Holly I'd say junior high:D. And there is no rush or race on figuring out what works for you and your partner...just enjoy:hugs:

Kate Simmons
05-24-2007, 09:41 AM
You piqued my interest when you first joined. I was saying to myself let's see how this gal proceeds. I know the feelings are not easy to cope with sometimes. I had a rapid spurt about 4 years ago but it was necessary to really get in touch with myself. You do have to be careful though as it can totally take you over if you are not ready. I think you are doing well. Just be patient and it will come in time. It can be wonderful but sometimes scary at the same time.:happy:

JoAnnDallas
05-24-2007, 12:00 PM
I think I was the same way you were when I first join the forum back in 2005. Then this pass weekend, I went on my shopping spree by myself, and even enteracted with others and used my fem voice. I have even gone out with other CDers. So I guess I'm at least a teenager now, about 13-18. Old enough to dress seniably, use makeup, high heels, and perfume. Even if I do look a lot older and try to act older. LOL

Julogden
05-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi Karen,

Congratulations on your journey so far. It's great that you've been blessed with a supportive wife.

Good luck in the future and have fun!

Carol:hugs: