PDA

View Full Version : How long have you used your female name for?

Hermione Simpson
05-24-2007, 04:45 AM
I've been thinking how long i've been using mine for & i've realised that i've been calling myself Hermione when i'm dressed en femme (& some times when i'm not) for 10 years (tha's when the 1st Harry Potter book came out & i fell in love with the name) & was wondering how long have you been using your name & did you use any other names before settling on the one you use now (before i started using Hermione, i use to call myself Claire, after my best friend at school which i now use as my middle name now)

brenya
05-24-2007, 04:53 AM
not very long, and I'm starting to feel like it doesn't fit me so well

Sheri 4242
05-24-2007, 04:56 AM
I started using my femme name sometime during mid-to-upper elementary school. Don't know why I felt the need -- well, actually, I think there is a whole psychology as to why we pick femme names for our female personna, but that's another story. Anyway, all I recall is thinking that my femme side needed a femme name. So, I began thinking about what sounded like it was me -- really me. Some use something close to their male name, but in my case, I went through making very long lists and thinking about what sounded like it was a perfect fit. After 1-2 months I settled on a name that I kept coming back to. And, I kept coming back to it b/c it purely felt right!

Sheri 4242
05-24-2007, 04:58 AM
not very long, and I'm starting to feel like it doesn't fit me so well

That's exactly the point I was trying to make, Daisy. The name has to fit you!!!

Kelsy
05-24-2007, 05:06 AM
for one year!!!!

Jennifer:happy:

Nicole
05-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Since I joined the forum around mid-March. It doesn't quite fit my personality, but I do not want to use my "real" femme name for the sake of privacy, so I might as well keep using it.

Suzie S.
05-24-2007, 05:17 AM
I think it's been about 6 or 7 years since I picked that name. :happy:

Cindyloo
05-24-2007, 05:58 AM
Well...being the newbie I am just a few weeks now. My fem name is Cindy though not Cindyloo. Had to put the loo at the end for this forum. I love my name.

Cindy

MJ
05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
about 3 years.. and it's my legal name now :D

RachelDenise
05-24-2007, 08:02 AM
I've been using Rachel denise for quite a long time now, almost 12 years. Before that I was Kimberly Denise, but there seemed to be too many Kims around me at the time so I went with Rachel. I've always kept Denise.

Patty
05-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Since joining the forum

marie354
05-24-2007, 08:10 AM
I've been Sandra Marie Walker for about 6 years now. Before that, when I first gave myself a female name, it was Samantha Marie C........ (I used my real last name then.)

I may again change my name... I'm not overly fond of Walker as a last name. I may keep it anyway as that was my dad's middle name. (Just to remember him a little bit everyday.)
:hugs:

LindaTS
05-24-2007, 08:52 AM
It's been 40+ years for me. I don't remember just what year it was that I started using Linda.

Stephenie S
05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
All my life, so far.

Lovies

Sharon
05-24-2007, 09:23 AM
I only adopted my name three years ago. My middle name --Michelle-- is the one I had informally used since my teen years, but I decided to remove it from top billing because it was the name of my deceased sister who died in infancy and it just seemed disrespectful, not only to her but my family also. Besides, this name just seems to fit me better.

susie evans
05-24-2007, 09:35 AM
i don't realy remember it's been a long time :hugs

susie

s:

uknowhoo
05-24-2007, 10:39 AM
I registered as Tammi on another site :eek: :D about three years, making it official. I had kinda thought of myself as Tammi (similar to my drab name) for at least a coupla years before that.

JoAnnDallas
05-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I started using JoAnn years ago. I can not remember now excatly when I started using it. I got it from my mother. It is what was going to be called if I had been born a girl.

Mitch23
05-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I had been calling myself Michelle for a few weeks but a dear friend of mine shortened it to Mitch and its kind of stuck with me - i like it and its right for me - so thank you Sammy!

mitch

Julogden
05-24-2007, 12:40 PM
I've been Carol since (if I remember correctly) since about 1976 or 1977. YIKES, 30 YEARS!!!!!!!

Carol:hugs:

Emily Ann Brown
05-24-2007, 12:43 PM
As long as I have been dressing I have been Emily Ann Brown, and very happy with it too.

Emily Ann

Daintre
05-24-2007, 12:45 PM
It has been about 25 years now that I have actually used Jenni short for Jennifer. I think the name suits me far better than the one given to me by my parents.

suzy
05-24-2007, 12:51 PM
I started out as Amanda years ago but there were just too many Amanda's on this forum so I had to change it. I decided on Suzy,....although I prefer Amanda. When I'm dressed I use Amanda...even my PJ's have a "A" on them...:D

Samantha B L
05-24-2007, 01:37 PM
I thought when I was little that dressing in female clothes and being called "Samantha" would be lotsa fun.So when I was a year or 2 out of high school and I had freindships with other people who were TG in one way or another,they always called me "Samantha" which is a takeoff on my real name.Out of apreciation for my parents I keep my real name for Soc.Sec.,Bank Account,State I.D.,Voting and I have no intention af legally changing it ever.But I get tremendous pleasure out of being called Samantha.

Bridget Fitzgerald
05-24-2007, 01:38 PM
about 35 years

Carroll
05-24-2007, 02:52 PM
I have been using it ever since my wife gave it to me, 7 years ago. Before that I played around with Christian. Wife said it just didnt match me

Kathielynne
05-24-2007, 03:42 PM
I've been Kathilynne for about 11 years. Before that I went by a feminized version of my guy name. It was okay, but I wanted a new fresh feminine name. I like the name Kathie and how the spelling could be altered and combining it with Lynne just seemed to make it prettier. I guess when the mood strikes, I'm a real girly girl at heart.

:doll::rose2::rose::be:

Kathielynne

Dixie
05-24-2007, 03:45 PM
My wife named me Dixie, 15 years ago, she has been saying lately it might be time for a name change.:(

RuthieER
05-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I have been going by Mari for about 25 years. It is short for Marriet, the name my parents had picked out for the daughter they always wanted but never had (at least until I came out!). About 20 years ago, I developed a "Little Girl" femme persona, whom I named Ruthie. She became my main on-line persona, in a couple of communities, when the internet came along. Now I have two femme names, depending on who I'm with and who I'm talking to, and the groups are starting to overlap! If I had thought about it, I would have stuck with variataions on Marriet for everything: Mari in the real world, Mattie as the Little Girl, Marriet as the middle-aged on-line doll lady. Oh, well, too late now!

Mari/Ruthie

tall_brianna
05-24-2007, 05:46 PM
All my life practically; and no, I'm not going to reveal how many years that is :tongueout. My sisters called me Brianna as a child - sometimes as a taunt and other times with love. :) I recently thought it was an uninspired and uncreative name given it's close derivation from reality, but... it works somehow. Oh, yeah, I've read Freakanomics and know it's a name that indicates low social order, but eh.

brenya
05-24-2007, 05:55 PM
I thought about using a version of my male name but with a name that starts with a z its kinda hard

O2B Barbara
05-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Always knew I was a Barbara, just never told anyone before. This is a very recent development. My wife evens calls me Barbara or Barbie at times. Love it!

trannie T
05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
I use the femme name 'Judy' when I'm dressed only because a male name seems inappropriate. I never think of myself as 'Judy.' I went through a few other names before choosing the name of one of my favorite teachers. I have used the name for about five years now.

Kristen Kelly
05-24-2007, 07:12 PM
I have been Kristen for over 15 years, used to call myself Teddi, but wanted a name that was not as close to my male name, for dressed I was total different person at one time. Now I am more Kristen all the time.

Seville
05-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Since I joined this forum, a little over 2 weeks ago.

Never felt the need for a fem name. Now I wish I
had done it years ago. It feels
so right.:happy:

SandyR
05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
A long time, probably 10 years or so, Sandy is related to me and the "R" is the first letter of my last name......Oh no, now the cats outa the bag, or the closet or something..... You all made me..........

Hugs...

SandyR

Amy
05-24-2007, 09:06 PM
I hate mine. I honestly don't identify with it, just when I came here I needed to pick a name cause I didn't want to use my real one so that's what I picked.

JacquiUKTV
05-24-2007, 09:25 PM
I've used the name "Jacqueline" for a couple of years now; before that, the female rendering of my male name....other names I just fancied at the time.
I've known three girls/women named "Jacqueline" in my life; they differed greatly from one-another but each had something about them (both physically and as regards their personalities) that I admired. So, partly as an "homage" to these ladies but mainly, I think, because I just like the name....in a undefinable sort of way; it just feels comfortable.....je m'appelle "Jacqui" quand je suis en-femme. And..I just love French girl's names; prefer "Suzanne" to "Susan", etc.

CDTiffany
05-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Cool ?, I have been Tiffany, to a few people, for about a year and a half. (not too many). Growing up, My best freinds sister was named tiffany, i guess i was around 8 or 9, she was so cute, I guess i wanted to be her!
And I never got over the name!!!

So, Tiffany, It is!!!!!!!!

XOXO Tiffany

Susan.
05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I've only used the longer version to sign up with Yahoo about 2 1/2 years ago. Really I just prefer just Pam, which I've been using for about 10 years.

CheriTV2006
05-25-2007, 12:32 AM
I've been "Cheri" since 2001. I used to be JoJo then Stephanie in the 90's. I'm sticking with Cheri because I will always like the Neil Diamond song "Cherry Cherry" to go with it. Cheri.

Taffy
05-25-2007, 12:36 AM
10 years, 3 months, 20 days... That's when I first signed up for the name on iName.com.

alshea243
05-25-2007, 04:18 AM
i think it was when i was about 16 i am 31 now a good friend friend whom waas gg knew about my cd give me the name alshea this gg at the time was 24 when i was 16 the name fitted me so i been using it ever since

kristine239
05-25-2007, 10:42 AM
I've used Kristine for over 30 years and am well known throughout the world by that name.

You can find me at www.transeventsusa.org.

Love Kristine

Kate Simmons
05-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I was Heather while in the closet most of my life. When I came out in 2001, I became Victoria. In September of 2005, I changed my name to Ericka. I've called myself Salandra since the beginning of this year. My personality is an ongoing evolution and each name represents the person I am inside at that time.:happy:

ChanDelle
05-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I thought of myself as ChanDelle since I found out as a child what my name would have been had I been born female. I think capitalizing the C and D work well for me now.

Sarahwithanh11
05-25-2007, 11:39 PM
It's been about 10 years now...wow. I decided I needed a female name, especially since I'd just discovered the internet. I'd always liked the name "Jessica", and didn't know anyone else by that name. "Hyde" is the old Dr. Jekyll stuff...a cliche, but I like it!

christina marie
05-25-2007, 11:54 PM
as long as i have had an idea of my identity, 25 years at least. ok, now i feel ancient!

NatalieBliss
05-26-2007, 09:50 AM
I have been "Natalie Marie Bliss" for about three years now.

Krystenw
05-26-2007, 02:39 PM
My mother called me Krysti until I started the first grade, after that It was shortened to Krys.
My wife calles me Krysten and my coworkers call me Krys. So I guess I'm pretty much stuck with it.
Krysten

KarenNY
05-26-2007, 09:35 PM
My mother gave me the name Karen Marie almost from the start, after she discovered my crossdressing when I was 12 and brought it out in the open (at least between the two of us to start, since it was just my mother and I in the house)... Karen Marie was the name she was going to give me if I had been born female, so it stuck... she missed having a daughter and had had two miscarriages after I was born, and I enjoyed crossdressing, so it was like we met each other's needs at that time of our lives.

During my teen years I did play around with possibly changing my femme name to something else that was a "girls only" name, like Lisa or Melissa or Tricia or Katie, but Karen just seemed to stick, and by then I had a small circle of GG friends who knew my femme side and liked hanging out with me as Karen... so it has stuck with me ever since.

The only time it was really weird was when I had a girlfriend named Karen for a few months in college (and I was primarily in boy mode at that time)... it was hard not to turn my head when someone called her "Karen"! lol