PDA

View Full Version : APPRECIATION is what fuels our JOY,

Lovely Rita
05-24-2007, 01:24 PM
I can remember when I could not dress as or when I wanted to but could not because of the common circumstance many CDs find themselves in.

I remember not having any woman's clothing. I remember not having the opportunity to dress even if I had something to wear.

In the early days I had to wait for the opportunity to come knocking. Some times no one was home and I had a few hours to steal for myself.

In those moments I was happy just to slip on a pair of nyons and nothing else. I was greatful for those times, even if they were too short and limited in what I could wear.

Today, I have a very supportive SO. I have a full wardrobe and countless pairs of hosiery, shoes, dresses, wigs and make up. I could easliy start to take it all for granted but I don't. I think back to the early days and it enhances my appreciation of what I have today.
Thinking back and remembering how alone I was in this state of confusion. Cross Dressing was completely Taboo and I had no one to share or relate this experience to for fear of the hate and rejection society and even my own family would throw at me. Today we have so much support for one another. I don't take it for granted.

I work at making sure that I appreciate every moment, every feminine thread and fabric I can wear and enjoy. I make a special effort not to let it become hum drum. I do not let my mind for an instant take it for granted.

I used to dream about this and I cannot let it be less than a dream come true.

Today, I want all of us to think back to those harder days. If some of you are still going through them, I hope it will get easier and that you will be blessed with the ability to live out your dreams.
:love:

Eva Diva
05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Someone has been positively giddy recently. :D

Lovely Rita
05-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Someone has been positively giddy recently. :D

Hey Eva

Websters dictionary defines giddiness as:

Dizzy, 2. Causing dizziness 3. Not serious: Frivolous, Silly

I think gleeful would describe me better. Definitely Joyful:D

Phyliss
05-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Rita, your post could not have been timed better. With no need to "go to work today" I decided to dress and accomplish some house work.
While my wife may not be "supportive" at this time, she doesn't forbid me to dress. (as long as I'm careful about who is around) So, I spent the morning dressed up while doing the household chores.
I can so appreciate the place I'm at right now with my "dressing" not that long ago the very idea that I'd be able to wear just panties was an impossible dream. Ever so slowly I'm climbing "that mountian". One of these days I'll get to the top, if I never do, that's ok, I'm enjoying the trip so far.

susie evans
05-24-2007, 09:00 PM
rita allways glad to here your comments:hugs:

susie

brenya
05-24-2007, 09:02 PM
still in those tough times :(

Karren H
05-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Rita's always like that.... and we love her for it!!!

What harder days?? lol

Karren

Eva Diva
05-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Hey Eva

Websters dictionary defines giddiness as:

Dizzy, 2. Causing dizziness 3. Not serious: Frivolous, Silly

I think gleeful would describe me better. Definitely Joyful:D

Rita

Dictionaries are not to be trusted. :D Idiomatic usage is rarely included in standard issue models. Google "positively giddy" and you'll see a synonym for "very excited". Perhaps "so happy as to be near dizziness" would be a better, if wordier definition.

How about "happy above beyond the call of duty"?

marie354
05-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Rita, you are so right. It's good to look back and see what I didn't have then. I used to purge every couple of months. (*shudders at the thought*) Now I have a really nice wardrobe started. Two dressers & 1-1/2 closets... All mens clothes gone except 1 pr. jeans & 1 pr. sneakers.
I guess I've come a long way.
(I think I need to go shopping tomorrow... I need a new summer dress.)
:hugs:

Dixie
05-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Remember the days when my wardrobe was limited by what was my wife's that would fit me, now I have my own girl things!!!:D

Gerri Paul
05-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Lovely Rita, I have a Question for you..What is it like for your SO to kiss you when you are dressed? Or make love?? Do you think that your SO has lesbian tendencies? I know it's personal but i've always wondered how that works? Looking great Rita.. Gerri Paul rzuess_55@yahoo.com

Lovely Rita
06-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Rita

Dictionaries are not to be trusted. :D Idiomatic usage is rarely included in standard issue models. Google "positively giddy" and you'll see a synonym for "very excited". Perhaps "so happy as to be near dizziness" would be a better, if wordier definition.

How about "happy above beyond the call of duty"?

Yes.......I think I like that one.......Yes that one will do quite nicely:love: