PDA

View Full Version : only partially crossdressing

Saralee
05-24-2007, 06:53 PM
I've never really been crossdressed all the way, I mean completely trying to look female. I've thought about it, but I'm just happy to wear a few items of womens clothing and I wouldn't have the know how to put on make up. I think it's awesome though and I'm impressed how nice you all look. But, I just like the feeling of womens clothes, maby underwear, stockings or a nightgown even if my appearance isn't really female. It's how they make me feel inside. I think I've seen the term "drab" here on the message boards, is this when you dress as a guy but maybe wearing some womens clothes but not really identifying as a woman or having other people identifying you as female? Does anyone wear womens clothes only if they can go all the way with dressing as a woman or would you still wear a few items in drab for those times when you can't go all the way and need to look male? Hope that isn't too confusing.

Michelle04240
05-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Drab=Male mode, male clothes. My underwear is made up of 100% panties, so I am always dressed to some degree. When I am not dressed up all the way, I will sometimes wear what I can get away with. A shirt, bra, even womans jeans. Depeds on where I'm going and how cold it is lol.

O2B Barbara
05-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Don't have an answer for the definition of drab. I do try to dress so not as to raise questions. I am trying to get more items that I can wear at anytime. Wife even bought me a very nice bracelet that is a Chakra stones for luck, heatly, safety, etc... She said if anyone asks to tell them it from my wife and is for safety, health.... Can't wait to start wearing it full time.
Just knowing the items I am wearing, drab or otherwise, came from the womens dept feels great.

Dress as comfortable as you wish, this for you and you alone.

kerrianna
05-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi Saralee, I very rarely go all out myself - mainly due to time and energy constraints. Also I would just be doing it for myself as I live in a small community and even if I could pass well, someone would recognize me eventually.

So I'm almost always partway.

I take drab to mean in all make clothes, but when I think about it I usually underdress even in that situation. The only time I don't is when I have very physical work to do and I don't want to accidently out myself. To me that's drab.

Enjoy whatever you like doing. Everybody has their own reasons and likes/dislikes about CDing. You might find one day you want to give going all out a try. It's a lot of work when you're not practised in it, but I'm sure a lot of the girls will tell you it's totally worth it. I'm taking my time and building it slowly. To me how I feel inside is the most important thing...although I must admit there's a great rush to seeing a transformation in the mirror. :D

trannie T
05-24-2007, 07:24 PM
I doubt if there is a dictionary defination of "drab" so it can have several meanings. To me "drab" means male outer clothing. You can be in drab wearing male underwear or "underdressed" wearing women's underwear.
I have no idea for the term to use when I wear women's jeans and present myself as entirely male.

Saralee
05-24-2007, 08:16 PM
I doubt if there is a dictionary defination of "drab" so it can have several meanings. To me "drab" means male outer clothing. You can be in drab wearing male underwear or "underdressed" wearing women's underwear.
I have no idea for the term to use when I wear women's jeans and present myself as entirely male.

Do you think it's considered drab if your wearing women's jeans and those that see you don't know the difference but only you know and can tell they are womens? Other people probably just assume they are mens but you would know they are womens and they would still make you feel effeminate. I don't know for sure which women's jeans can pass for mens but I'm sure some work pretty well. It doesn't matter to me about wanting to pass as a woman but I just want to enjoy the clothes. I had seen another thread about how often do you wear women's clothes and some said only a few times a month. I understand it's difficult to find the time and privacy to fully dress as a woman but do you still want to wear some items even if you can't go all they way? I think that is the situation I'm in. Sorry I'm not very good at this posting, but trying. Thanks for listening.

Seville
05-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Even though I'm retired now and have all the time in the world,
I still only dress basically neck-down. Heels, of course, PH, and either a
skirt set or preferably, a Hawaiian dress with hoop earrings.

Really enjoy sitting in the yard dressed nearly everyday.:happy:

Good Times!

Rachel Morley
05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
I never completely wear guy's clothes. The nearest I get to it is panties, a bra, women's jeans/pants and a unisex top or shirt ..... even at work.

Outside of work I go for the "girly boy look" meaning I wear my bra and panties, plus I look like a girly guy who's wearing (somewhat) fairly obvious women's clothes (sometimes it's more obvious than others). No one says anything. I assume that people think I'm either a little bit strange, or perhaps they think I'm gay as people who don't understand, often tend to think that an effeminate dressed guy must be this way. I don't much mind what they think. :happy:

soccervixen
05-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I, too , at this point never fully dress, with a wig, makeup, etc. From th neck down for me (though I wear L'Oreal mascara most days). I don't think I will ever present as a female, but I enjoy what I enjoy when I can enjoy it! I always wear panties and femme sleep wear, women's clothes and shoes when the house is empty. And it feels just great!:happy:

AllieSF
05-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi Saralee,

I like to dress completely with wig and makeup because it completes my transformation. However, I recently bought a denim skirt (all my other ones are more dressy) and am now wearing that around my house in the afternoon and enjoy just doing that. It looks good with my male polo shirts too.

thea
05-24-2007, 09:44 PM
One common interpretation of "drab" is that it's an acronym standing for "dressed as a boy" (taken from "drag" for "girl"). What you describe is called underdressing, where you might wear underwear designed for women, for example, but you wear men's clothing so people don't see your feminine items. Why a person dresses that way doesn't matter, it just describes how the person is clothed. If you're wearing women's jeans, I'd call that androgynous, dressing so people can't tell you're crossdressed but you know, so you're dressing the way either gender presents.

Deanna2
05-25-2007, 04:22 AM
Isn't being partially crossdressed a bit like being a bit pregnant.

Karmen
05-30-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm partially crossdressing almost every day. I wear panties and pantyhose a lot. Sometimes I also wear some light makeup.

joann07
05-30-2007, 03:29 PM
When I'm in male mode, the majority of the time I'm wearing pantyhose.
But in femme, I go all out and fully dress.

KimberlyS
05-30-2007, 05:16 PM
SaraLee, how ever you crossdress is up to you and no one else. It is unique to you, what you wear and how you want to wear it. You do not need to be like any other CDer unless you want to be.

IMHO, I am crossdressing most days and it does not matter if I am wearing one feminine clothing item or more.

Ruth
05-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree with Kimberly, it's your choice, dress as much or as little. But since you're asking what we do, I only dress if I can do the lot - dress, shoes, wig, make-up etc. But it's just my way, it's no more or less CDing than anything else that goes on.

linnea
05-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Drab=Male mode, male clothes. My underwear is made up of 100% panties, so I am always dressed to some degree. When I am not dressed up all the way, I will sometimes wear what I can get away with. A shirt, bra, even womans jeans. Depeds on where I'm going and how cold it is lol.

Me too. I always wear panties, and whenever possible I wear other women's clothes--bras, jeans, tops, stockings, a camisole, etc.

Amy07
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
How you dress, Saralee, is totally up to you. Read through the forums, and you will find lots of fine, different folks that are crossdressers. I prefer to dress in comfortable but femme clothes (bra, panties, heels, tights too) usually without makeup most of the time. Like you said, it feels wonderful inside. A great stress reliever for lots of us. Makeup is lots of fun, but I am not great with it. Read on!

Lynette
05-30-2007, 07:30 PM
I just dress in lingerie panties girdles and stockings
Lynette:happy:

Tallie
05-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Isn't being partially crossdressed a bit like being a bit pregnant.

Being partially crossdressed for me is not like being a bit pregnant. I am like Saralee in that various levels of dress makes me feel good. Sometimes it is just panties and other times I need to put add a bra, pantyhose and a skirt.

Tallie

Z. Teoni
05-30-2007, 07:57 PM
I feel the same way Saralee. I do not dress that often and when I do it is usually only partially --usually lingerie. I had more desire to dress when I younger but even then I did not go all out. Part of it was that my time and wardrobe options were limited and I just did not have the desire to go all out dressing. If the Internet was around when I was younger it may have been a different story for me though. I just love coming here and reading the posts and looking at the pictures.

Mitch23
05-31-2007, 03:03 PM
I never completely wear guy's clothes. The nearest I get to it is panties, a bra, women's jeans/pants and a unisex top or shirt ..... even at work.

Outside of work I go for the "girly boy look" meaning I wear my bra and panties, plus I look like a girly guy who's wearing (somewhat) fairly obvious women's clothes (sometimes it's more obvious than others). No one says anything. I assume that people think I'm either a little bit strange, or perhaps they think I'm gay as people who don't understand, often tend to think that an effeminate dressed guy must be this way. I don't much mind what they think. :happy:
I do girly boy too. shaved legs and 3/4 trousers, nail varnish, jewellery, panties underneath, man bag. Still Mitch in everything but the makeup and wig. People think I'm wierd but they like me!

mitch

Sarah-Anne
05-31-2007, 03:16 PM
I am a bit of both. When I am alone or just with my girlfriend, I like to dress completely as a woman, from shoes to make-up, and occaisonally I might go for a walk round the block for a bit of fun, but I don't dress in everyday life. I do, however, wear feminine things from day to day. I have some girls' trousers (not jeans, but smart pinstripes), a couple of girls' white shirts and I always wear panties. I also wear knee-high pink socks under my leather boots! My hair is just above shoulder length, cut in a very feminine style. I think men look better with long hair, but I wanted it to be a bit more feminine than the usual "hell's angel" style! The other important thing is that whenever I sleep with my gf I wear girls' sleepwear, such as a pink nightie or satin pyjamas, or a cami and shorts. I always seem to feel more feminine at night when I am relaxing.

Stephenie S
05-31-2007, 03:21 PM
On this forum, DRAB means dressed in your male clothes and presenting as a male. Perhaps it does come from DRessed As a Boy, but it also has a dictionary definition: dull, monotonous, and cheerless. Quite appropriate, huh?

Steph

Marla S
05-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Does anyone wear womens clothes only if they can go all the way with dressing as a woman or would you still wear a few items in drab for those times when you can't go all the way and need to look male? Hope that isn't too confusing.
Well, I wear neither drab no do I go all the way, despite wearing 90 % women's clothes. I neither try to pretend to be a woman nor do I pretend to be a drab-man.

My Ex calls it fag-outfit (She is soo understanding :devil:).

Girly Sara
05-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Hi ya,

I mainly prefer to be fully enfemme and glammed up. However, this doesn't occur as often as i'd like it. However, i'm wearing at least 2 items of women's clothing in male 'drab' every day, i.e. panties, trousers/jeans. In order to make me feel even more girly, my nails and toe nails are french manicured, my eyebrows are thin and defined and i often wear mascara (even to work)

Sara xxxx

JoAnnDallas
05-31-2007, 04:05 PM
I wear panties everday, sometimes I will also wear pantyhose and a cami. I have acrylic nails that are longer than my fingures. Occasionaly I have also worn some light makeup, powder and flesh colored lipstick. My eyebrows are waxed thin and I color them using a eyebrow pencil to hid the white hairs.

JamieTG
05-31-2007, 10:20 PM
I also very rarely dress up all the way but prefer the androgonous look. I wear girls shorts, jeans, jewelry, ect. but its still obvious I'm a male. Thats the way I feel on the inside; that I'm somewhere in between, not all male nor all female.

Jamie