PDA

View Full Version : Good places/sites to find clothes!!!

SimiCD11
02-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Well ladies, looking for some advice/help/knowledge of places/online sites/etc where i can find some stuff - lingerie, dresses, shorts, pants, tops, etc.

Ebay isn't the best place, granted sometimes you got to pay some, but at times you want to find a good sale or price. Now i know you can hit any type of store, but would be kinda weird (my thought) if i walked into a store, into the ladies section and starting picking out stuff, while i being a dude as you could say.

Suggestions/help/ideas,etc.

Thanx everyone for any help.

Jen_TGCD
02-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Geez, girl!!! No one cares in LA!!! When I was working at Robinson's back in '76, men were bringing me panties to be gift wrapped! As long as you're not shoplifting... they could care less who shops where or buys what! (That excludes Burbank... they are still back in the '50s. :D ) So, just go shopping! Frederick's and Victoria's Secret are good places to start. The downtown stores around Fairfax are good, too. The Studio City area seems to be very Trans oriented, these days.

Online... I like Coldwater Creek... their sales are incredible. www.coldwatercreek.com (http://www.coldwatercreek.com/) Shadowline has some good sales on lingerie and and gorgeous peignoir sets. www.shadowline-lingerie.com (http://www.shadowline-lingerie.com/) Check Tristan's resource list for more sites!

Good luck... and have fun!!! http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Tristen Cox
02-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Jen now I know what happens to so many members. They open my thread and can't stop shopping :p See below for LINKS enter at your own risk :p

Jen_TGCD
02-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Jen now I know what happens to so many members. They open my thread and can't stop shopping :p

Yup! Could be... I spent a couple of months clicking around in there myself!!! ;) :)

Nyx
03-01-2005, 12:36 AM
I bought all of my gear on ebay so far. You get the widest variety, alot of things you might never find in stores. You're right about the cost, however... To me its really the shipping costs that ruin it all. If you buy expensive things, then its good, but if you just want to buy a pair of stockings, which you can get for perhaps $2, you're going to pay between $4 and $10 in shipping, which kind of ruins the bargain. I find that its fine for buying more expensive clothes though.

Robertacd
03-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Now i know you can hit any type of store, but would be kinda weird (my thought) if i walked into a store, into the ladies section and starting picking out stuff, while i being a dude as you could say.

Just walk right in and buy the stuff, nobody really cares. Sure you might get a big smile from the cashier if it is a young girl. :o That just adds to the thrill :eek:

Seriously, you think you are the first crossdresser to ever buy womans clothes while being a dude as you say?

Wendy me
03-01-2005, 01:03 PM
for me half of cding is the shopping i never buy on line ..............i am more a stocker type shopper see it..................hold it ..............love it............................buy it................own it..................shopping is wendy's fav. sport...............

Jiera
03-01-2005, 02:07 PM
I've gotten some good stuff from pierresilber.com, but it's NOT everyday wear. That's where I've gotten my schoolgirl, nurse, maid, etc outfits.

My problem has ALWAYS been finding good shoes, and they specialize in shoes. It's hard to find good shoes in bigger sizes. Generally, you have the choice of "****ty shoes" (hey, nothing wrong with that, right?) or "really big, weird looking clunky shoes."

Tristen's links have helped some, but sometimes a place will say "we carry shoes up to women's 14!" and, after looking at the site, they carry the same pair of schoolgirl pumps that every other site carries.

As far as outfits, I have never done eBay, but I've gotten some great stuff from OldNavy.com, and I scour Amazon.com's apparel section for bargains. "Sort by Price," ladies. $12 jeans, $3 bras, sweaters for ten bucks.

Ji

Richelle
03-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Simi

The stores do not care if you are in "dude" mode. Just be polite about it. If it is a small store, just ask the question if yu can try it on. I found that most do not care, all the want is the sale.

Richelle

confusionatitsbest
03-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Well ladies, looking for some advice/help/knowledge of places/online sites/etc where i can find some stuff - lingerie, dresses, shorts, pants, tops, etc.

Ebay isn't the best place, granted sometimes you got to pay some, but at times you want to find a good sale or price. Now i know you can hit any type of store, but would be kinda weird (my thought) if i walked into a store, into the ladies section and starting picking out stuff, while i being a dude as you could say.

Suggestions/help/ideas,etc.

Thanx everyone for any help.

Hi Girls,

Undercover cross dresser on a mission!!!!! :cool:

Simi,
Did you know alot of men just wander into stores to buy clothes for presants for there beloveds, its far from uncommon. More men than women purchase sexy underwear from Anne Summer shops in the uk. I guess what I'am saying is, is not that unusual to see men buying womens clothes for there partners, most of the girls in the stores don't even bat an eyelid.

Best wishes

Chrissy xxxxx

Ps. I've also found charity shops are good, There cheap and bless the old dears, they don't even consider the clothes are for you.

Fallen Angel
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
wow im a advid buyer on e-bay but i only deal with companys there for shoes clothing wiggs ect most have convertion charts for trannsgenders wich makes things simple i have only gotten a few things from privet people that actualy fit ive also typed in sexy shoes or clothes and the web pages has brought up some great sites as well hope this helps you xx