PDA

View Full Version : CD reality show

joann07
05-25-2007, 10:45 AM
After reading the thread about MJ the movie star (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59277), it made me remember a TV show on TBS (Superstation) I saw about 2 years ago.
This show was called "He's A Lady". Does anyone remember watching or hearing about this show?

It was one of those typical "voting off" (A la Survivor) reality shows, along with fashion consultants as judges, and the contestants were, of course, males. For the entire show, they stayed in a studio all decked out in femme and they had to dress 24/7, live, and experience life as a female.
There were various activities or challenges that they had to do and if one of them got immunity they got to do something as a guy (i.e. Going to the race track, flying a plane, etc.) while everyone else had to stay in femme. Some of their activities were to go shopping, going to beauty/charm school, doing arts and crafts, learning how to dance, walking the catwalk at a fashion show, learing how to cook, caring for a newborn, and being in a wedding as a bridesmaid. The males were of various backgrounds and body types, but most were athletic and fit.
There was one male (country boy) who looked beautiful and completely passable. I thought he was going to win it all, but during the Q/A session, in the final, he screwed up his answer and so the short stocky (wrestler type) male ended up winning the $250,000 prize. He looked pretty, but his body type made him too easy to spot. However, just like the real beauty pageants, the Q/A is the one decides who wins. He had a great answer, which the judges loved, so they picked him over the other two.
It was a very entertaining show that I watched from beginning to end. The whole time I was wishing I would've been a constant because I would've LOVED to do all the things they did.
I was surprised that they didn't do a second one. I guess the Nielsen ratings weren't that great.
Oh well. I enjoyed it.

Dixie Darling
05-25-2007, 11:26 AM
The name of the program on TBS was "He's A Lady". My personal opinion (based on overall appearance, mannerisms, style, etc) was that Albert should have won the contest - HANDS DOWN.

For those who might have missed it, here's a link that will take you to a TBS website where you can see the contestants, some video clips from the program, contestant backgrounds, and some photos from the show.

http://www.tbs.com/shows/hesalady/

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

pantyhose46202
05-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I too loved the show. Is there somewhere to see it online or repeats? I wish that they would do it again, I would love to see it.

Jamie

Hermione Simpson
05-25-2007, 11:33 AM
i'm sure that their was an american programme like it shown on channel 4 over here in the uk a few years ago, maybe it's the one you talk about, i just wish they would repeat it so i can be sure

Kathielynne
05-25-2007, 11:42 AM
There was a Russian version as well (yep, Russian!) and one of the contestants could easily pass as Cameron Diaz's sister (as a blonde). I don't know the name (because it's all in Russian text) but you can fnd it on Youtube. I'll check later and see if I can find the link.

Kathielynne

joann07
05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
The name of the program on TBS was "He's A Lady". My personal opinion (based on overall appearance, mannerisms, style, etc) was that Albert should have won the contest - HANDS DOWN.

For those who might have missed it, here's a link that will take you to a TBS website where you can see the contestants, some video clips from the program, contestant backgrounds, and some photos from the show. I could tell that the pressure of the Q/A got to him.

http://www.tbs.com/shows/hesalady/

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

Opps! I got the name mixed up! "He's A Lady" is right. I updated my post.
Thanks you Dixie for the correction.

Yes. Albert should've won it all if he would've had a stronger answer. He was beautiful as a woman and had everything down, including style and grace.
He looked like he was having a great time and made it through to the final with a breeze because he got immunity a few times.
I could tell that the pressure of the Q/A got to him.

Hugs!

SherriePall
05-25-2007, 12:40 PM
I followed it on line at the time because I don't have cable tv. There was another contestant I thought was prettier and more passable than Alberta. Just type in He's a Lady on a search engine and I'm sure you'll find it.

Julogden
05-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I bought a copy of the series on DVD, check eBay. I don't think there's a PAL version though, looks like NTSC only.

Carol:hugs:

Mitch23
05-25-2007, 01:14 PM
my gosh - some of them look absolutely stunning - back to the drawing board i suppose!

mitch

Kate Simmons
05-25-2007, 01:54 PM
my gosh - some of them look absolutely stunning - back to the drawing board i suppose!

mitchDespite what it appears to be Mitch, you have to realize that even "reality" shows are prepared. Even genetic women get about 4 hours of "hair and makeup" before they go on the air. I'm sure these "gals" got no less.:happy:

Valerie Nicole
05-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Was this show about actual crossdressers, or guys who were willing to go through with it for the chance to win a big cash prize? There's a big difference in my opinion.

MJ
05-25-2007, 02:29 PM
omg i too watch the show and Yes. Albert should've won ... about 3 months after the show i came out ... as i could no longer live a lie..great show got me thinking about my life and what if ... well today my only regreat is.. i did not do this sooner

quote :- salandra is right ...Despite what it appears to be Mitch, you have to realize that even "reality" shows are prepared. Even genetic women get about 4 hours of "hair and makeup" before they go on the air. I'm sure these "gals" got no less. that was the fun part getting ready

Stiletto
05-25-2007, 02:30 PM
I thought it was well done. I watched it with my wife and it really opened up some doors for me as far as her accepting me as a CD. Albert certainly had the looks/mannerisms down but I think the guy who won really learned what it's like to be a woman and the experience taught him a lot of things about himself and others. He got the most out of it and because of that I think he deserved to win. The guy who was "Scarlet" looked fantastic as did Alberta. I was hoping for a second season but it never came around.

Karren H
05-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Loved that show!!! Don't know if I'd go so far as calling it reality!! Lol. More or a game show.. Where the guys were tricked into it by their SO's under the guise of a macho man contest.. Had its moments.. Especially the waxing episode... Brought tears even to my eyes.. Hehe

And Albert was a cutie!! The guy that one "Winona" from Wisconsin.. Was not the prettiest but gave a mushy speach about women... Awwwwwww... I would have picked Albert any day..

Wife and I watched every episode... But that was before she found out... Doubt if reruns came on today that we would watch any of it.. But you never know....

Was waiting for a sequal but never happened... They are redoing "The bigest looser" to death!!

Maybe they should combine then!! "He's the Biggest Looser Lady". Take a bunch of largeish guys and make them loose all kinds of weight then dress them up like chicks!!! And then bring in Stacy and Clinton and do a WNTW episode.. Brilliant?? Hehe

What the Biggest Looser Ladys Aren't Supposed To Wear??

:)

Love Karren

Stiletto
05-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Was this show about actual crossdressers, or guys who were willing to go through with it for the chance to win a big cash prize? There's a big difference in my opinion.

No, it was just regular guys. They thought they were on a game show called All American Man or somthing like that. They figured it out pretty fast when they got waxed and fitted for heels! :heehee:

christy26cd1
05-25-2007, 03:47 PM
TBS caved to pressure because advertisers were pulling out because of the moral majority. They had 2 more seasons planned, but didn't do them. Remember, this was the heighth of the Religious Reights reign.

CrossdressinGoth
05-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I remember that show, I watched that all the time. Would've been nice if they had more seasons of it I thought it was cool

joann07
05-25-2007, 04:34 PM
TBS caved to pressure because advertisers were pulling out because of the moral majority. They had 2 more seasons planned, but didn't do them. Remember, this was the heighth of the Religious Reights reign.

Those fargin bastages!
They ruined it. :sad:

LilSissyStevie
05-25-2007, 05:12 PM
This could be a big hit on Bravo.

jo_ann
05-25-2007, 06:45 PM
sequel would have been tough since it was meant as a surprise.. sort of like the joe schmoe show, unless they simply told them in advance what the show was about.

Sally24
05-25-2007, 09:16 PM
That show came on just as i was starting to learn to dress, it was really a funny coinsidence. I acutually taped all but one of the episodes with my digital camcorder. I just haven't gotten around to burning them to DVD yet.

I was sorry that Alberta blew the end. If she had spent some more time on her speech she would have won it hands down. It was good the way it ended anyway thogh. The family that one had been deeply in dept and that money saved them!