PDA

View Full Version : I am real happy for cd's who have supporting SO

Rita B
05-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Haven't taken a head count, but it seems that about 70% of the members claim to have a wonderful relationship with a supportive or at least tolerant SO. That is great! What a shift in attitutes over the past 20 years. I must admit that I did have some wonderful relationships with gf's at the height of my cding days. I still can not understand why I had to marry someone who would not be supportive.

I have tried very hard to be "straight". I have been the dutiful husband, grandfather, whathave you. Still at heart I am a crossdresser. It is pure joy just getting ready to go into my femme role. I savor every aspect of it from the shower and shaving and preparations. The careful application of the makeup, the dressing up, putting on the wig and doing the final combing out and adjustments and looking at the final result. OK! So it's not Michelle Pfeiffer that is staring back at me in the mirror, but I still think that it looks a whole lot better than before I started. It is so wondeful to feel nylons on your legs and the swish of a skirt or sexy lingerie. I love it and I miss it.

It's not so much that I need my wife to hold my hand and help me dress and help me with makeup. Heck ,I could do that before I got married. I just wish that she would allow me to go out maybe once a month as Rita to get together with other crossdressers which I love dearly, no questions asked. I think that crossdressers are wonderful people and it would be so nice to be able to get together and share.:love:

Rita from New England

uknowhoo
05-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I can sympathize about the unsupportive wife thingy. :hugs: While she does have her moments, my wife is generally rather intolerant of the whole CDing thingy.:( Further, I would venture a guess that the % of us married CDers whose wives are for the most part understanding would be a good bit less than 70%. I seem to recall a poll thread on the topic a while back. You may wish to search the archives, if you're curious. Good luck and take care Clas..., um, Rita! :D xoxo Tammi

rose382832
05-25-2007, 05:32 PM
i am so sorry that your wife does not understand, or maybe support you, but dont give up hope. she may come around in time if you make her see that it is still you and that you do not want to trade her in for another guy.she maybe feeling that she isn't up to parr and that is why you want to do something else.

Michelle 51
05-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah i agree with tammi my wife is still so so and if she had a choice she would rather it went away and i think a lot of So feel that way .They accept it but given a choice would help pack all the skirt's, dresses,heel's pantie's etc and take it to the curb.Not all of them but a lot would i think

Leah B
05-26-2007, 10:35 AM
I think the majority of them would get rid of it if they could. And most of the ones that would keep it didn't start out that way (Compare Carin's Wife Lousie Before and Loise After).

Holly
05-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Rita, I'm one of the 70% you speak of. I could not ask for a kinder lover or a better friend than I have in my wife. We respect the needs of one another and both do our best to fulfill them. Like you, I don't need my wife to help me dress or put on makeup... but it is a whole lot more fun when she does! I'm pretty confident that the majority of girls who have problems with wives or SO's participating with them or giving them the coveted "green light" to be out and about more would discover that they tend to invest most of their time and energy into their CDing. Being more aware and participatory in her needs as well would almost certainly bring about a change in attitude. :2c:

Krystenw
05-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey, I gotta agree with Holly.
My wife is fantastic and I can't tell you how much she does for me. But I can tell you there isn't anything I won't do for her as well. She never helps me with my makeup but I prefer to do thay myself anyway. She does like doing my nails for me and helps me pick out clothing.

Over the last month or so she has started to let me go anywere I like. But if we go anywhere with me in a skirt or dress, she has to check me over to make sure I look OK before we leave the house.

In fact we were at the Mall the other day and while we were eating, she comment that when I went anywhere that I at least had on pantyhose and a girdle to cover things up and my stomach wasn't hanging out over the top of my skirt.

She has even bought us several matching outfits and loves to go out with me dressed alike.

So just as Holly said. It can't always be all about me. If you don't cater to her as well, don't complain if she isn't too keen about the way you are dressed.

Krysten

Dixie
05-28-2007, 07:07 PM
My wife dressed me up on our 4th or 5th date, how lucky can a gurl get. :heehee:

Tiffy
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Yes my wife is supportive and encourages me to dress daily. She says I have a better temper whne dressed.

Tiffy

faltenrock
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey, youi're all so lucky...

Wished, I could just back some years...

Doreen