PDA

View Full Version : Connie and Carla

Julie
03-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Okay, so I'm anal and have no idea what category to put this in. Forgive me. Anyway, here goes.

So, my wife brings home a DVD called "Connie and Carla" and says her friend at work thinks I'd like it. (God, I hate all the 'help') I load it and immediately see two girls who have a desire to perform. The scene changes to years later when the now women are failing miserably as performers. Things happen (see the movie) and the two end up as drag performers. Kind of like Victor/Victoria but it's two rather than one.

I have to admit I loved both ladies. They have a lot of talent and can sing and perform like WOW! I was jealous. The ladies realize phenomenal success and build up a fan following that takes a dive joint and makes it into one of the premiere clubs in the area. This is all due to the fact they are perceived as men dressed as women.

Oh, yes! The wheels are turning here!

I sing. But I have a very masculine voice (Barry McGuire, Melvin Franklin, Barry White, Bill Medely) so I am wondering how to handle this. I do a "Mack The Knife" rendition that would look funny if Julie sang it. I have to raise my voice to do it but thankfully the octive range is tolerable. I've always lived to sing but now I have to contend with singing in a female voice? God doesn't make this easy.

Anyway, I will approach Kieth about introducing karaoke at Escapades and tell him I'll kick it off with Mack. Now I have to find that perfect Bobby Darren look.

Life is fun. I can't wait!

Oh, sorry! Back to the movie. The girls become the hit of the town and when they confess they are women, no one believes them. Some day!

Speaking of that, Jacki came out to a friend recently. She showed her friend a lot of pictures then showed the one below. Her friend said, "Now that's what I like to see. Women and men together,"

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/1-05/fireplace1.jpg
Jacki then told him they were all male. :eek: He didn't even recognize his friend at the far right.

Tristen Cox
03-01-2005, 05:07 AM
I know I've already told you this Julie but if I didn't actually know you, I would not believe that was you in that photo, much less a (gaawd I hate saying this word) ...male. You look stunning, even radiant. I'll keep my eye out for that movie. Sounds fun :) Good news for Jacki as well :eek: And hope you get the karaoke off to a happy start. Speak to you soon (~ GO TO BED ~ LoL!)

Love
Tristen

Ashleigh
03-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Julie, you just keep looking better and better.

donnie123abc1
03-16-2005, 04:12 AM
Very nice. I'll have to see the movie. Sounds like it ought to be good. Funny how women and dress as men and get away with it. But if a man dresses as a woman than there must be something wrong with him. Double-standards!!!! Hate 'em! I dress female all the time. Don't wear dresses, not to many real women do anymore, at least not down here. When I go out I blend in like everyone else, I'm not living to attract attention to myself. People who really know me call me 'Sir" those that don't call me 'Miss". Doesn't matter to me either way. Thats life...we live it!

Dawn Marrie (Thats Who I Be !)