PDA

View Full Version : Has a GG ever really done her best to embarrass...

heathr1
05-26-2007, 01:51 PM
you for CDing in front of other GGs?

I, years ago went into a womens' clothes store to look for a skirt and one saleswoman, while another was watching, held a skirt up to me and teased me about maybe wanting to wear one of her own skirts or lipstick while her co-worker laughed her head off.

Wendy me
05-26-2007, 02:35 PM
i don't think she was trying to embarrass you but rather haveing some fun with you.... this has happened to me more than a few times .... i always played along and had some fun too....

Rita B
05-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Can you call a lady a jerk? Ok, what do you call Them?

marie354
05-26-2007, 02:47 PM
My 2nd wifey, (Now "X" wifey), took the only picture that existed of me in something feminine. Her nightie.
When we split up. (My decision.) She proceeded to show it to everybody that we knew.
I tried to play it off by saying that we were just having some fun that day.
I had outed myself to a couple of friends a few years before I met her, so I think that some of them already knew anyway and didn't care.
Anyway... She didn't get the reaction out of everyone that she thought she would. Hehe.
With good friends (and acquaintances) it wouldn't matter anyway.
:hugs:

kerrianna
05-26-2007, 02:49 PM
you for CDing in front of other GGs?

I, years ago went into a womens' clothes store to look for a skirt and one saleswoman, while another was watching, held a skirt up to me and teased me about maybe wanting to wear one of her own skirts or lipstick while her co-worker laughed her head off.

I sometimes wonder about motivation when women make jokes like this. I prefer to think they secretly want to see guys crossdressed.

Embarrassment is an unusual thing. Although it can be triggered by others, it really does come down to whether you allow yourself to feel that way. Sometimes the best thing to so is to embrace it and show that you don't feel ashamed. It can be a good excercise.

I bought a pretty bonnet recently at a grocery store of all places and the two cashiers thought they would make the guy blush by putting it on his head instead of in a bag. I just beamed at them and said "I think it brings out the colour in my eyes. Thank you." and walked out of the store wearing it. Well, why not? It was their idea after all. :p

battybattybats
05-26-2007, 06:11 PM
It could be playful, it could be mean, it could be a missunderstanding or a missjudgement.

It all depends on her intention and how she expected/hoped you might react.

trannie T
05-26-2007, 06:55 PM
I was in a lingerie shop another customer asked if I was buying undies for myself. I just stood there embarrased. When she left the owner of the store gave me a pair of panties. Now I would look the woman in the eyes and say "Yes I'm buying a bra, I'm a crossdresser." And she would be the one who was embarrased.

GypsyKaren
05-27-2007, 01:30 AM
The other day I went into a gas station to get some smokes, so I politely asked the girl for two packs. She gave me a dirty look, got them for me, then asked " is that all, SIR?", and she made sure to do the sir thing in an extra loud voice so everyone in there would notice. I said that would do it, gave her an extra big smile as I paid her, and after she thanked me after giving me my change, along with another dirty look, I said to her "thank you very much, SIR!", and walked out with a smile on my face. She thought she'd embarrass me, instead it made my day, to bad, so sad.

Karen

kerrianna
05-27-2007, 01:35 AM
The other day I went into a gas station to get some smokes, so I politely asked the girl for two packs. She gave me a dirty look, got them for me, then asked " is that all, SIR?", and she made sure to do the sir thing in an extra loud voice so everyone in there would notice. I said that would do it, gave her an extra big smile as I paid her, and after she thanked me after giving me my change, along with another dirty look, I said to her "thank you very much, SIR!", and walked out with a smile on my face. She thought she'd embarrass me, instead it made my day, to bad, so sad.

Karen

:heehee: Way to go Karen. You rock! :hugs:

Sandra
05-27-2007, 03:13 AM

Karen

Way to go
:happy: :happy:

Take note doing what Karen did does embarrass them more and it shows them up for being the ignorant people they are

Brianna Lovely
05-27-2007, 03:33 AM
She gave me a dirty look, got them for me, then asked " is that all, SIR?", and she made sure to do the sir thing in an extra loud voice so everyone in there would notice.
Karen

I've had this happen a few times too, including yeasterday at a large store. Then again, I've had SAs stumble with their words, not knowing what to call me.

I think most people, who are not trying to give you a dig, will just say "thank you, have a nice day".

Karen, I think you handled it rather well, good for you.

Rhea
05-27-2007, 03:38 AM
Good for you! :)

Suffice to say, that lady was a bitch. :P

Phyliss
05-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Happened to be at the local Fashion Bug on Saturday with my sister. Hadn't really planned on shopping, was actually looking for a lawn mower blade at Sears, but I just can't walk by a F.B. without going in. Anyhow as it turned out I picked up a pair of jeans and some shorts, while heading to the register we passed by the rack of bras and noted this one: http://fashionbug.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/fashion_bug_product_page?nav=Intimatemisses&item=0881227&pagesize=3 , one of the most ugly things I've seen in awhile. We were both commenting on it while I was holding it and one of the girls at the register commented, with a smile and twinkle in her eye, "Oh that would look so cute on you."
For starters, 4 years ago I wouldn't even have been in a F.B.
Second if I was I wouldn't have been anywhere near the rack except for a quick look from a safe distance
Third I wouldn't have been with my sister
Fourth I would have MELTED from embarrassment
NOW, I held one up to myself and asked her if she really thought so and do they have one in my size of 36B. All said with a wide eyed smile on my face. Putting it back on the rack I headed for the counter and said to her, "Honey, you can't embarrass me anymore, I'm sooooo beyond that now a days"
When I pulled out my Platinum F.B. card with my name on it, I think she "got the idea". I know she fully understood while she was ringing up the items, and I metioned that the blouse my sis had was hers and she would be paying for it but the rest was for me.
Now, I know she was just trying to be "cutesy funny" with her comment and I don't think she realized just how hurtful it could have been to a novice CD who had just spent 1/2 hour getting up the nerve to walk into the store.

Sheri 4242
05-27-2007, 05:04 AM
i don't think she was trying to embarrass you but rather haveing some fun with you.... this has happened to me more than a few times .... i always played along and had some fun too....

I absolutely agree, Wendy!!! Many times I have had a SA or a cashier look at an article of clothing I was buying and say (usually in a playfull manner), things like, now that's your color, or that will really look good on you.

My standard response is a very pleasant, "I thought so, too," or other like comment. And you know, 999 times out of 1,000 that ends it and we all part company with a friendly chuckle.

I sometimes wonder about motivation when women make jokes like this. I, too, prefer to think they secretly want to see guys crossdressed.

This may be true, too, in certain cases. This really happened when visiting The Gap at an Atlanta Mall: I found a beautiful spring skirt at this Gap a few years ago -- a must have item. Anyway, I found my size and was walking around with it, browsing other areas of the store, when this SA approached, complimentd me on my good taste, then asked something to the effect of could she help me find a couple of tops (that would go with it) to complete my wife's outfit.

I was swept with a wave of boldness, so I looked her straight in the eye, and with just a bit of a grin I said, "What makes you think this is for my wife -- why wouldn't it be for me; my wife has already completed her personal shopping in here today."

Well, she made a few mildly humorous comments ("well, that will really go well with your complexion and coloring," and "I'll bet you will really look sassy in that"), then, with a very sweet smile on her face, she said she would really love to help me pick out some tops to compliment the skirt -- that if I didn't know my size, or if there was a question about size, she'd make sure I could try them on and she'd be happy to give me her best advice. And, she did help me "above and beyond" -- couldn't have been nicer. She even brought a couple of other skirts over for me to see -- and here is where it got better -- I think she absolutely knew I wasn't interested in this one particular skirt (just wasn't my style), BUT she insisted I try it on and let her give me her opinion. I truly think she did this just to see me in the skirt!!! And not to ridicule me or have some jollies, but rather I think she really was into the whole thing and truly wanted to see me crossdressed. (I'm not a vain person, and I could be wrong about this, but had I not already told her my wife was in the mall, I honestly believe she would have asked me to her place for a fashion show as it was close to closing time and she was really into helping me.")

Hey, it's all in "attitude" . . . and with most of the SAs we run into, especially those who are college-age at stores like The Gap, Old Navy, Aeropostal, etc., they do want to see us CDed, happy, and looking good!

Joy Carter
05-27-2007, 07:31 AM

Karen

I think a nice big smile would have been in order here Karen.:hugs:

I was all but assaulted in Penny's years ago (mid 80's) when I asked what brands of panties (yes panties :eek:) I should buy. Three younger female SA gave me loud verbal responces. Trying to embarrass me. One was "Panties Are For Girls". But I stood my ground and an older SA helped me and we ended up in a conversation about CD's. Ah, that was Cirtifacates of Deposits.:heehee: BTW I bought several pairs at a cost of just over thirty dollars. Do you think the store didn't want my sale ? Dam right they did.

I haven't had problem one since then. Maybe it was the way I presented myself at the time. I may have had that guilty nervous look. Now I get "Your Wife Is Lucky To Get Somthing This Nice". I'm sure that most think a big guy like my self just doesen't look the type to be buying things for himself. It must be the "Yetti" resemblance I have.

We will always face this kind of comments and negativty. But the more we are out there. The more people get to know we are just people trying to make our way in socitey. The more we are going to be accepted.

JenniferR771
05-27-2007, 08:01 AM
I hear you Joy,
Well I had an experience. But I enjoy mild humiliation. Told the manager lady at Salvation Army thrift store, I was so embarrassed, but my wife wanted me to pick out a dress, underwear and accessories for Halloween outfit. She thought it was a great idea and explained how her 16 year old football-playing son had gone in drag last year. And she had him looking so sexy. With her grinning assistant taggaing along--she soon had picked out a matching outfit with coordinating earrings, necklace, and shoes in my shopping cart. Then she took me to a big circular rack of bras, "Hold out your arms." She slipped a lacy white bra on over my shirt and snapped it in back.
I turned red and felt like everyone in the store must have been watching. I quickly stammered, "This one is f-fine." Ended up buying all that she suggested. Took a couple hours till my nerves calmed down.

Dana921
05-27-2007, 08:24 AM
I have never had anyone ask or suggest that what I am buying is for me! They always say your wife or girlfriend will like that or something similiar. Makes it easier to go shopping in drab in a way but does confirm that I am not viewed as very feminine! Guess just one more confimation that the body and brain landed on seperate sides of a fence that allows one to see the other side but not go there!:sad:

Dana

livy_m_b
05-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Once at Penney's in the lingerie department, a saleswoman decided to embarrass me by following me around and saying in a very loud voice "May I help you, SIR. May I help you SIR?" I replied, "Yes, I'll have one of these, and one of these, and...." - She ended up having to follow me around carrying my purchases. :)

Morgan3705
05-28-2007, 09:14 PM
From what I understand, you could have had those two women fired for their comments. Sales people are not allowed to do such things to customers, weather male, female or somewhere in between.

Sarah W.
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I've never had a problem with sales clerks or store staff. Most assume I am buying things for my wife. In fact, I've noticed that this assumption is a bias that extends well beyond women's clothes. Case in point, I was shopping for some items at Babys-R-Us recently for one of my kids and the sales clerk gave me a gift receipt. I told her I didn't need it, as these weren't gifts, to which she responded "then who are you buying them for?"... Duh! Was it really so shocking that a Dad was shopping for his own kids?

Also, although I'm am painfully aware that prejudice exists everywhere, I have to admit I find it shocking to hear stories like this! Afterall, regardless of who you are and what you are buying, you are a paying customer! If I ever encounter this problem that will probabably be one of the first things I would point out.

Seville
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Heck, now that I've become an exhibitionist, Let 'em all
come over and look and laugh at me. I'll call over
as many as I can myself! :heehee:

I'll turn it into a learning experience for them so that the
next time a C/D come in, that sort of nonsense won't happen.:thumbsup:

Dixie
05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
To date I can answer NO, never had that happen.:D

trannie T
05-29-2007, 12:18 AM
While I've had a few negative experiences while dressed the positive experiences I've had far outweigh the negative.

MsJanessa
05-29-2007, 06:20 AM
I bought some fake nails last week and the sales girl asked me jokingly if I was going to do my nails---I smiled and said I was---she looked a little embarassed and didn't say anything else except have a good day.

MsJoann
05-29-2007, 06:36 AM
When faced with a SA who doesn't know how to control her emotions....you can politely respond with, "I can have you fired for your comments". Drop your purchases, go to another store and that would have them trembling for days!