PDA

View Full Version : Dressing, driving and tolls

Kristen Marie
05-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Last night was a beautiful night in Boston. So, I decided to head out. I usually dress at the place I go to, but the wife and kids were away this weekend, so I started my journey at home in the cover of darkness. Like so many of the gals on these boards, dressing and driving is sometimes the first step at venturing out on our own so I'll share a few thoughts.

I got fully dressed and spent extra time with the make-up and hair, picked a short dungaree skirt and low heels. I parked my car close to the house to minimize neighbors seeing and made my move. Got to my car and after my heart stopped racing, I was off. I was much more conscious in my own neighborhood and after I got out of my town, pulling up to traffic lights and sitting waiting for the signal to change was not a scary as I thought.

During my trip, I practiced flicking my hair off my shoulders, checking my make-up in the mirror and other little girly things. (And, I tossed in a set of guys clothes in the back seat because I have read posts about being stranded when the car breaks down)

I then decided to drive into downtown Boston using the Mass Pike - a toll road. This would be my next test. At both tolls, I calmly pulled up, paid the toll to the gents, they gave me a polite thank you and I could tell they never suspected anything. I did have a lot of leg showing and that may have helped!

I then spent about an hour driving all around Boston around 11 PM. Clubs were in full swing and people were walking everywhere. And while I never got out of my car in Boston, I felt like I was part of the scene and actually enjoyed being the first car at the lights in the busy downtown area.

It was sooo much fun. I love little steps like this because it pushes back little boundaries giving us more space to be ourselves. I am looking forward to doing this again.

TxKimberly
05-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Kristen,

This is exactly how I got started. By the way, just a couple of weeks ago I was going through those same tolls! :-)
Hey, if you want a really neat group of girls to hang out with, look up the Sisters of Boston. They are a real nice and fun group of girls that get together once a week. I can just about promise that they will drag you out of your shell real quick and you will have a ball doing it.

Hugs,
Kim

Mitch23
05-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Last night was a beautiful night in Boston. So, I decided to head out. I usually dress at the place I go to, but the wife and kids were away this weekend, so I started my journey at home in the cover of darkness. Like so many of the gals on these boards, dressing and driving is sometimes the first step at venturing out on our own so I'll share a few thoughts.

I got fully dressed and spent extra time with the make-up and hair, picked a short dungaree skirt and low heels. I parked my car close to the house to minimize neighbors seeing and made my move. Got to my car and after my heart stopped racing, I was off. I was much more conscious in my own neighborhood and after I got out of my town, pulling up to traffic lights and sitting waiting for the signal to change was not a scary as I thought.

During my trip, I practiced flicking my hair off my shoulders, checking my make-up in the mirror and other little girly things. (And, I tossed in a set of guys clothes in the back seat because I have read posts about being stranded when the car breaks down)

I then decided to drive into downtown Boston using the Mass Pike - a toll road. This would be my next test. At both tolls, I calmly pulled up, paid the toll to the gents, they gave me a polite thank you and I could tell they never suspected anything. I did have a lot of leg showing and that may have helped!

I then spent about an hour driving all around Boston around 11 PM. Clubs were in full swing and people were walking everywhere. And while I never got out of my car in Boston, I felt like I was part of the scene and actually enjoyed being the first car at the lights in the busy downtown area.

It was sooo much fun. I love little steps like this because it pushes back little boundaries giving us more space to be ourselves. I am looking forward to doing this again.

well done girl - another step along the way. i have a toll bridge to negotiate to get into plymouth so that was my first big test too!

mitch

Eileen
05-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Kristen you are starting on a wonderful journey! It is so nice to hear about another girl getting out and enjoying herself as the girl she is.

Eileen

Lilly 40C
05-27-2007, 10:58 AM
I've been out driving at night while dressed too. What a nice feeling!!!! Since I have an attached garage I don't have to worry about seen by people I know. I drive a convertable and so far have keep the roof up while driving dressed but, some night I'm ready to go to a different town put the roof down and just enjoy the feeling.

Lilly

Holly
05-27-2007, 11:13 AM
What fun, Kristen! And judging from your Avatar and profile pictures, I see no reason for the toll agents (or anyone else) to suspect you are anything other that what you are presenting. Well done!

Rachel Morley
05-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Tolls are an excellent way to safely interact with someone else when en femme if it's your first time. You don't even have to speak, or if you do it's only to say hello, or have a nice day! It's a great confidence booster when you are just starting to go out.

Rita B
05-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh you bring back so many memories of Boston and Jacques and well never mind. . .That was a smart idea to bring boys clothes along in case of an emergency. Why did I never think of that? Was I that sure of myself? Although I remember that late one night after going out clubbing with my TS roomie, I needed to pee real bad. It must have been around 1:30 am and the highway was pretty deserted. I was lucky enough to find a spot where I could get off the highway a bit. What a picture standing there in my high heels with my pantyhose rolled down and holding my dress up in the air. All I needed was for a cop to pull up and flash his lights on me. (didn't happen) Anyway, I have Speed Pass now so I can't give the tollbooth collectors a little thrill any more. Boston, i love you:love:

Rita from new england and cape cod and the islands

Karren H
05-27-2007, 11:51 AM
My first tool booth was on the WV turnpike, on a 6 hour enfemme drive to VA...... snuck up on me sooo quickly... And I didn't have correct change so had to pick the lane with a girl in the booth... She smiled and took my money and gave me the change.... "Have a nice evening, Maam"..... "You too" I repleid in a not so fem vioce... wow..... Felt really great for sure!!!

Love Karren

Angie G
05-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Good for you Kristen must of been a real rush:hugs:
Angie

Sally24
05-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi Kristen, great seeing you at First Event 07. Hope you can come by Sisters some week and we'll take you into Boston. It's great and Ashley is always finding new places to go. This week they went into the luonge at the new Jury's Hotel.

I'm happy you're getting out more. Try the drive-up window at Dunkin Donuts or McDee's!

Girly Sara
05-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I've been out driving at night while dressed too. What a nice feeling!!!! Since I have an attached garage I don't have to worry about seen by people I know. I drive a convertable and so far have keep the roof up while driving dressed but, some night I'm ready to go to a different town put the roof down and just enjoy the feeling.

Lilly

Hi Lilly, like yourself i have a convertible. However, i'd never personally wear a wig with the roof down...unless it was glued to my head! lol

Sara xxx

emmicd
05-27-2007, 07:51 PM
I virtually have no chance to dress up and if I did I could never envision going out dressed up.

I do venture out partially dressed but never creating a stir.

It seems the act of going out is important but it is sad that you get all dressed up only to be hidden in your car.

It is a very safe idea to have your safety net of male or androgynous clothing just in case you need them.

It would be quite embararsing to be pulled over by a cop to have him or her ask you What's with the dress?

emmi

joann07
05-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Excellent! Yeah. I had the experience of going through tolls through the Orlando area and it was fun. When I paid, the attendants did have any issues.
The next thing you should try is the drive-thru at a fast-food restaurant.

Miss Terr
05-28-2007, 12:07 AM
The next thing you should try is the drive-thru at a fast-food restaurant.

Ventured into town first time lastnight.
They dont have tolls around here, so I ordered a frosty shake from the Wendy's here.
I had to do more talking than I expected since the lady didnt get my order over the intercom.
But all went well.

joann07
05-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Ventured into town first time lastnight.
They dont have tolls around here, so I ordered a frosty shake from the Wendy's here.
I had to do more talking than I expected since the lady didnt get my order over the intercom.
But all went well.

Great!
Its always fun to go through the drive-thru.
When you're hungry, you gotta eat.

cindi51
05-29-2007, 10:47 PM
I dress in the car many times even though I never get out dressed. When I get to a toll booth I go for the lanes where you toss quarters in the basket.

I once got a drive through Lunch. I'm sure no one mistook me for a lady as I had no makeup on, but nothing was said and I was miles from home.

vikki2020
05-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Wow Kristen, I could have written the same post last June.My first time out in years,and drove all over the north side of Chicago.Drivig around Wrigley Field, it was like Mardi Gras, so many people walking around.{no game, it's just a big party spot]Being in front at the lights,and no one reading me,gave me a big boost!It wasn't long before I was out of the car--go for it!

cdcheryl
05-30-2007, 12:04 AM
I used to be a toll collector on the turnpike (I wont say where) i used to love seeing all the leg shots and I on occasion spotted the tvs and cds and i used to admire them for their guts and determination. So keep going through yes we used to talk but could not alwaays tell the difference.

Billijo49504
05-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Fantastic, glad you had a good experence.. We don't have any toll roads in MI. But if we did, I'd enjoy going thru one. Oh, the wife and Billi went to see Shrek3 today, and we had fun....BJ

MsJoann
05-30-2007, 07:00 AM
I remember my first night out driving...wow the adrenaline rush!
I have an attached garage, makes it easier. (feel like batman leaving the cave).
My problem was always with that 2 minute drive out of the neighborhood without being seen by a neighbor walking out on the road.
I used to leave without my wig and once safely away, I would pull into the parking lot of the Hilton and put on me wig and make final adjustments...then head down the interstate.
Step-by-step have come a long way. Nowadays I just leave home with wig on and if I get caught by a neighbor, I am prepared with a good storyline as to why I am dressed. (be prepared with a good alibi).
All this certainly starts with baby steps and progresses.
Good luck....I am taking bigger steps this summer as well.