PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean? (TG terminology)

O2B Barbara
05-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I am fairly new to the forum and I have to say it is the best thing for Barbara since her wifes first gift of a skirt & blouse!

One thing that has been a bit hard is to pick up on the terms used here for our unique, and wonderfull way of life. Has anyone put together a dictionary of terms? If not I will volunteer to do so and place it where all can get at it.

One of the things I haven't seen here is the difference between HER and HIR. These were used in Helen Boyd's book to differentiate between a genetic girl, HER and a mtf, HIR.

Any other terms?

Karren H
05-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Nothing's is set in stone..... we are her's or gurls or girls.... or guys in drag... lol And one person's definition is different than anothers for sure.... Sometimes even an insult.... But we all have fairly thick skin... goes with the hobby I guess....

:D

Love Karren

Fab Karen
05-27-2007, 04:27 PM
I think because that phrase hasn't been widely used.

Kate Simmons
05-27-2007, 05:06 PM
I dunno, sometimes I think we make up this stuff as we go along. As was said, nothing is "set in stone" at least as far as I'm concerned anyway.:heehee:

Valerie Nicole
05-27-2007, 05:27 PM
I've often wondered about this sort of thing. I actually have a question of my own. I understand what "crossdresser" means, and I'm pretty sure I know what "transexual" means...but what are transgender and transvestite? These terms have always confused me.

Wendy me
05-27-2007, 05:32 PM
look here.......http://www.urbandictionary.com/

Wendy me
05-27-2007, 05:41 PM
and when you don't understand our Friends across the pond.... look here,....http://english2american.com/dictionary/a.html

Rita B
05-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Nothing's is set in stone..... we are her's or gurls or girls.... or guys in drag... lol And one person's definition is different than anothers for sure.... Sometimes even an insult.... But we all have fairly thick skin... goes with the hobby I guess....

:D

Love KarrenThank you for changing your pic. very nice as always

Rita