PDA

View Full Version : out in public

Rebecca C
05-27-2007, 11:48 PM
well i finally decided to go out in public dressed i am tired of being dressed up and sitting around home . i thought this is the only way to find out if i really pass or not. i had recently bought a new wig from this hair dressing specialty shop in my drab mode . i had asked the lady in the store if they style wigs and she said of course they do , so i went to my car and brought it in she said it was a mess and would take a couple of days to style it . this was on a friday so i told her i would bring it back on tuesday and leave it with her for the week , she said that was ok . well tuesday came around and i got all dressed up , i was wearing tan pantyhose, black leather looking mini ,pair of black pumps, nice v neck top, breast forms and black bra, and of course my new wig . as i arrived at the store i was scared as heck as no one has seen me dressed before in public. i worked up enough courage and got out of the car and walked in with my wig to be styled in my hand . the lady asked if she could help me with something and i said yes, i was here last week and asked if you could style this wig for me . she said are you the same guy that was here on friday and i said yes i was , she said i would never have guessed you were the same person . she told me i looked amazing and the wig i bought from her was perfect for me , she just smiled and shook her head i dis belief . i asked her when i could pick up my other wig she said it would be a couple of days , and with that i said thank you and left . when i got back to my car i was shaking so bad i just sat there for a few minutes , what a absolute thrilling experince . i will be going out more now after that positive experince .

NarakuAulonocara
05-27-2007, 11:51 PM
:happy: Good to hear you had a positive experience. I've got to try going out sometime.

joann07
05-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Congraduations! The first time is always nerve wracking, but you got through it and boy was it fun. For now on, it should get easier and you won't be as nervous.
I can't wait to see that wig once its ready.
You gotta show us some pictures.

Holly
05-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Rebecca, she must have been stunned into silence at your beauty. You are gorgeous. Enjoy yourself on your future outings.

Jenna1561
05-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Rebecca, you do look great. And you probably talked more in that one encounter than I did in my first 3 or 4 outings all put together. Congratulations!

Jenna

Mitch23
05-28-2007, 12:47 AM
another fledgling flies the nest - well done girl!

mitch

Rebecca C
05-28-2007, 12:48 AM
thank you ladies for the nice compliments i will be taking some new photos soon , i might wear the same outfit again to go and pick up my wig . i will take some pics then for you , i have puchased 4 new wigs in the last month and i need to wear them and gets some pics for you .

Kaitlyn Michele
05-28-2007, 01:01 AM
rebecca

i know the feeling!!! i'm happy u got to do that and i hope you continue to enjoy your time as a girl!!!

Eileen
05-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Rebecca the first time is one that does bring on the shaking knees, but it is such a wonderful experience. So glad yours was all positive. You do look great and hope you have many more enjoyable feminine days!

Eileen

Dixie
05-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Rebecca you look lovely, soo glad that your first trip out was such a positive one.:drink:

Rachael Warren
05-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry girls, but passing is a state of mind, none of us can really pass 100%, not even post op transsexuals (and I have met a few now).

I go out regular now and don't aim to pass, I just do the best I can and aim just to be myself.

Looking good is only the tip of the iceberg, there is so much more to master, the walk, the mannerisms, the voice (I haven't even gone there yet), most won't give you a second look if you have the look right, but walk past a pair of teenage girls and they will spot ANY flaw! (Happened to me this Saturday night!)

Don't concentrate on passing, concentrate on confidence, I'm me and I'm dressed like this, sod you if you don't like it! ;)

I don't hide what I am and that helps a lot, I consequently don't attract too much attention.

Lots of girls ask me to dance though! ;)

TxKimberly
05-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh boy, your through now! The front door is gonna be SCREAMING at you every time you get dressed now. LOL
The rate we're going, the CD's out there are going to outnumber the GGs! lol
Kim

Victoria Anne
05-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Rebecca, my first trip out was to the wig shop to have it styled as well,nearly the same as you but I did have my wife there for support and that did make it much easier,the trip to the park afterwards was nice to. That little voice you keep hearing in the back of your head that keeps saying "lets go out" will only get louder now and it will get easier or so I keep hearing,I've not yet been able to get out a second time yet.Not trying to hi-jack your thread, all the best Rebecca

Ruth
05-28-2007, 04:41 PM
You look good Rebecca, and yes the first time is special!!
Love,
Ruth

Rachel Morley
05-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi Rebecca,

I'm glad you had a good experience on your first time out. You look pretty and that cleavage in your avatar and also in your profile pic is outstanding! I'm green with envy. :D

racquel
05-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Well done girl.You look great.:thumbsup:

espaniola
05-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi, there.

Your eyebrows and nose look very feminine. If you don't mind my asking, did you have them done by a surgeon, or are they natural?

Sincerely

Carla O

Rita B
05-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Going out for the first time is thrilling. Much easier if you have someone with you though! Not so scary.!

Rita

Glenda58
05-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Rebecca the first time the hardest each time you go out it will get better. I'm not saying every time will be great you will have a bad trip out we all do but one bad to twenty good are good odds. Just enjoy yourself. And congrats on your first time out.

MsJanessa
05-29-2007, 06:29 AM
My experience with wig shops is that they are very T-Girl friendly---we tend to be their most frequent customers

Michelle_NY
05-29-2007, 07:26 AM
you are gorgeous gf. I am sure you will never have any problem in public, XO Michelle

MJ
05-29-2007, 07:56 AM
another fledgling flies the nest - well done girl!

mitch

aww i was going to say that :D Lol

thank you ladies for the nice compliments i will be taking some new photos soon , i might wear the same outfit again to go and pick up my wig . i will take some pics then for you , i have puchased 4 new wigs in the last month and i need to wear them and gets some pics for you .

t-girl rule 101 never wear the same outfit twice to the same place
people will think ... poor girl as nothing to wear ...
well done welcome to great outdoors

JoAnnDallas
05-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Rachael Warren....I have to agree with you, but I have seen many GG's that don't pass 100% either.

Congrads on you adventure. I know that feeling. Your heartrate is racing, it's hard to breath, and your hands shake. At the same time the thrill of being out dressed, in the public, and being accepted. I think we can safely assume that most if not all wig shops have TG customers. Now that you have gone out, you will find it will become easier. Just be yourself, don't call attention to yourself and enjoy each and every adventure.

Rebecca C
06-01-2007, 10:46 AM
with all the positive comments it has given me more courage to go out dressed again. this time i was in vancouver bc. i decided to go to a shop i was at last year this time dressed as rebecca. i had to park about half a block away and walk down a very busy street in the middle of the afternoon , i was nervous again but thought o well nobody knows who i am anyway . i get out of the car pay the meter and start heading down the sidewalk , head held high and felling like iam just another lady on the sidewalk . i passed about 10 people and no problems , i got into the store and was greated by a very nice sales lady asked if i needed any help . i said to her in my not so female voice i would like to just look for a bit , she said just ask if i needed any help. i looked for about 10 minutes and found then found the wigs , she asked i would like to try some on and i said yes immediatly. i picked out about three and she took them to a dressing room for me to try on i then picked out one to buy. i came back out and showed her the one i wanted , i then went and tried on some boots and shoes . but i did not have enough money and said i would like to come back another day for shoes and boots she said that would be fine . i paid for my wig and left the store , as i was walking back to the car i realized i was fitting in pretty good ,so i slowed my walk down and just enjoyed the sunny day and the wonderfull clicking of my heels on the sidewalk . what a great feelling being out dressed as a woman and fitting in fairly well , this has been a dream of mine for a long time and i am going to continue living this dream as long as i possibly can . i forgot as i was driving back home i had to stop at a intersection for a red light . i just happened to look over to my right and there was this guy on a bicycle looking at me,he gave me a very nice and big smile nodded his head and gave me a nice wave . the light turned green so i had to go , it sure seems to me now that i am passing fairly well after this last little outing. take care will keep you posted on more outings .

joann07
06-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Bravo! Rebecca.
Isn't going out so much fun? And its soooo addicting.

Good to hear that you had another wonderful day out.
Like you encounter at the traffic light, I had a little fun with a trucker the other day (See my earlier post: A friendly honk! http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59737)
I've gone out twice this week and possibly going out again this weekend.
Keep it up girlfriend!!! :thumbsup:

Karren H
06-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Ata girl!! And sure got that right.... Once you've been out enfemme, pass or whatever, sitting home all dressed up just doesn't cut it anymore!!

:)

Love Karren

Mitch23
06-01-2007, 12:05 PM
great to hear your ongoing adventures. I've not been able to dress for nearly 2 weeks because its half term, but your exploits are whetting my appetite for my next experience which will be next monday. there is truly nothing like the feeling you get as you realise that you 'belong' and can do girlie things. is it called empowerment?

Sam-antha
06-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Girl, it is wonderful to know that you have got yourself, dressed,through another door, a shop door going in, or a car door getting out. How are the shakes doing now ? Missing them I bet.
Do not forget to get some clothes as well as wigs.... full marks to you, both of you, now you can live together.
Huggzzes
~Samm

samcs
06-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Great story. Please keep them coming so us that can't venture out can live through you. Kudos

stephanie66
06-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi rebecca

You did very well on your first time :thumbsup:, i used to only dress up in the house but eventually i decided to dress up for the 1st time in public only a few months ago. I went to a club here in edinburgh with my wife and i was totally nervous as my friends saw me for the 1st time as stephanie, i was admired by few and since then i have done it a few times more :happy::happy::happy:

jaimecdww
06-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Congrats! you look amazing! If I tried that in FL this time of year i would melt away.

J