PDA

View Full Version : Loosing Weight Without Trying

Glenda58
05-28-2007, 07:35 PM
I have been loosing weight because I changed what I eat not the amount. I started eating more fruits and veggies and less chips snacks and breads. Today a put on a pair or shorts that I had bought last summer and I couldn't keep them up and they were a size 10. So I just got back in with some new ones a size 4:D. Plus I bought 2 bikinis so I can sun myself out on the deck. Can't wait till tomorrow to get out there.
Just had to tell someone. Sitting here in a Red Bikini now. I can't believe how good it looks and feels.:happy:

Dixie
05-28-2007, 07:43 PM
My new 2 months ago skirt is now too big on me not that I'm complaining. It feels great when you lose it doesn't it?

kerrianna
05-28-2007, 08:02 PM
I have been loosing weight because I changed what I eat not the amount. I started eating more fruits and veggies and less chips snacks and breads. Today a put on a pair or shorts that I had bought last summer and I couldn't keep them up and they were a size 10. So I just got back in with some new ones a size 4:D. Plus I bought 2 bikinis so I can sun myself out on the deck. Can't wait till tomorrow to get out there.
Just had to tell someone. Sitting here in a Red Bikini now. I can't believe how good it looks and feels.:happy:

Thank you Glenda...I was thinking today I really need to get tough with myself, because I'm looking a little too pudgy in the wrong place. :p

Besides eating properly is so good for you in so many ways.

Good for you girl! :hugs:

Marla S
05-28-2007, 08:04 PM
There are many ways to loose weight.

Had some trouble with my Ex last week .... five pounds lost :D

... but your way is more healthy.

Keeping the mood up seems to help too, because it helps to prevent eating due to frustration.
Sometimes eating seems to be a way for the "soul" to get the mimimal amount of pleasure, that it can't get otherwise.

Sun light helps to keep the mood up, because it stimulates the production of serotonin.
This makes it more easy to avoid sugar and alcohol, which do the same.
In addition, a higher level of serotonin seems to decrease the treshold for sweetness, according to a recent study. A lower treshold makes sweets more easy too sweet ... you don't eat them or you eat less. (Coke tastes different in the desert and has to be very cold to be able to drink it)

Watching TV seems to correlate with the calorie uptake. Not because of the snacks, but probably because it is stress for our brain. The flashy pictures and and the tension of the stories that keep us watching seem to be a danger signal for the brain. This stimulates a higher calory uptake ... just in case something dangerous could happen and energy will be needed. (Our metabolism still lives in the stoneage, when quick changes of scene and tension usually meant danger).

Lori SC
05-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Oh ain't it great when you can loose weight without suffering through a diet - or horrors! :eek: sweating and exercise!

Congrats Glenda! Do you know how much you lost? It sounds like quite a bit if you went from a 10 to a 4 - even considering womens clothing size inflation...

Hugs, Lori

Glenda58
05-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Last summer I weighted 165 lb now I'm at 140 lb. I'm not exercising any more just the change in diet.

TxKimberly
05-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Size 4 huh? Someone get a rope . . . lol
Congrats Glenda, I can only dream of being that small.
Kim

O2B Barbara
05-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Size 4? Red bikini? Go for it girl!

jessie_cal
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Wow, a size 4. That's great. I understand what you mean about the weight. I had some medical problems and was told to lose weight. My wife was mad because I dropped 50 lbs by changing my diet. I found it much easier to lose weight by only eating 1 double quarter pounder rather than two:D. I just got some size 10 pants. But I'm hoping to loose more weight.

marie354
05-28-2007, 11:27 PM
I can under stand that well. I have been dieting a bit myself and now that Summer is here... All those fresh fruits & veggies... Oh my! I don't think I'll have too much trouble keeping it off unless I over do it at cook-outs and picnics.

I glad you dropped a couple of sizes. I usually buy my jeans a size or 2 smaller in a stretch fabric so they will be tight on my "tiny-hinie".
:hugs:

Jammie Lyann
05-28-2007, 11:45 PM
I topped out at 202 lbs about 2 1/2 years ago, an about lost it :eek:
didnt change my diet at first but did cut out the midnight meal
once in a great while I allow myself to forage the fridge late at night,
well that got me back down to about 183, then I stopped losing weight,
about 6 months ago I change my meals that I took to work, now only take fruit, fresh veggies, an yogert.
I try to eat only 2 meals a day (this included what I take to work.) 3 if they are small. an I final broke the 180 mark an now floating at 172-175 depending the day, my goal is 165 an can wear size 8 but they are snug an size 10 is sort of loose :D ,, going to start toning up the belly, an hopful that will help
drop those last pesky lbs.
its was hard for me to get use to the change in my diet but was worth it .

Ivey

JoAnnDallas
05-29-2007, 10:20 AM
I have been on what I call the "Default Diet" for the last year and have lost almost 30 pounds. What is the "Default Diet" you aks? Well my wife is on "Weight Watchers" and thus I eat what she eats to support her so by DEFAULT I'm on the same diet. LOL Anyway, a couple of weekends ago, I bought a Skort and top outfit in size 12/14. When I got home and tried it all on, I noticed that the skort was loose. Not enough to make me take it back for exhange, but enough that it made me smile.